Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I think what is really important that we have not discussed is the team as a whole. none of our key players have been sold and thankfully unless wyness and co have not informed us no bids for players like chester, grealish adomah etc. i think had one of our key players been sold it really could have cost us. keeping this squad together is key and thankfully we have managed that until at least the summer. 

i am also happy we have not gone crazy with signing players like the last few windows. two loans that will challenge the first team i am happy with this and wont cause rifts in the squad. i have to say i am loving the team unity that bruce has created with this side. even if you go on their social media pages you see the banter that goes on between the players. I also like the fact where JT will praise players publicly like snodgrass with his latest tweet.

things are looking great at the moment 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Obsessed. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Obsessed. 

Why did you feel you needed to post this again ? You must have done this at least half a dozen times now - maybe it's you not me 

As far as I am aware VT do not limit us to the number of times that we can post on a subject and I am never rude  towards other people 

if you don't have anything constructive to say may I politely request what is the point ?

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

Why did you feel you needed to post this again ? You must have done this at least half a dozen times now - maybe it's you not me 

As far as I am aware VT do not limit us to the number of times that we can post on a subject and I am never rude  towards other people 

if you don't have anything constructive to say may I politely request what is the point ?

He's posted it half a dozen times because you keep on mentioning Gabby.  So it's not @Stevo985, it's you.  If you didn't keep on mentioning Gabby, Stevo wouldn't keep calling you obsessed, how do you not see that? :lol:  

VT doesn't limit us thankfully, but do you really need to mention Gabby into almost every one of your posts?  Whether it be a sly dig, a silly comparison or whatever, it's fatiguing.

As for your last sentence, right back at ya. 

There's lots of nice things to talk about at the moment, why keep commenting on someone who hasn't even played for us since September? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

He's posted it half a dozen times because you keep on mentioning Gabby.  So it's not @Stevo985, it's you.  If you didn't keep on mentioning Gabby, Stevo wouldn't keep calling you obsessed, how do you not see that? :lol:  

VT doesn't limit us thankfully, but do you really need to mention Gabby into almost every one of your posts?  Whether it be a sly dig, a silly comparison or whatever, it's fatiguing.

As for your last sentence, right back at ya. 

There's lots of nice things to talk about at the moment, why keep commenting on someone who hasn't even played for us since September? 

The conversation was actually about finding a striker that was better than Gabby.

@Dave J didn't just randomly mention Gabby out of nowhere. 

Sorry felt I had to mention that as I think I may have started the Gabby convo so the posts to Dave were abit unfair. 

Back on topic. Hopefully for Bruce his personal matters are not too serious. 

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The conversation was actually about finding a striker that was better than Gabby.

and here's the problem. This is the Steve Bruce thread, not the topic of the day thread. Back on topic and start another thread if you want to discuss finding strikers.

On 1/19/2018 at 05:30, Demitri_C said:

Can I ask how old you are and can you ellbaorate with the most privileged?

Sorry for delayed reply, I haven't been online.

Sure you can, I'm 28 in March, following Villa every week since 2010.

I can elaborate. It's quite simple. I'm not having a dig at him, I just haven't seen another manager with the quality of playing staff, in comparison to that of his opponents, in my time as a Villa supporter.

Basically every manager has had difficulties imposed on them from above the chain since Houllier (who obviously had his own difficulties with health), I even include McLeish in this.

Bruce hasn't inherited the problems we have faced of recent, he's inherited a position where by he is the most heavily backed manager in the division, with a totally stacked squad full of talent and experience.

No other manager has been afforded this in my time.

Wouldn't you agree that is privilege?

3 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Sorry for delayed reply, I haven't been online.

Sure you can, I'm 28 in March, following Villa every week since 2010.

I can elaborate. It's quite simple. I'm not having a dig at him, I just haven't seen another manager with the quality of playing staff, in comparison to that of his opponents, in my time as a Villa supporter.

Basically every manager has had difficulties imposed on them from above the chain since Houllier (who obviously had his own difficulties with health), I even include McLeish in this.

Bruce hasn't inherited the problems we have faced of recent, he's inherited a position where by he is the most heavily backed manager in the division, with a totally stacked squad full of talent and experience.

No other manager has been afforded this in my time.

Wouldn't you agree that is privilege?

I hope you don't mind me answering too, but I appreciate its meant for Dem.

I know its not meant as criticism from you ,its more an observation.....but, just trying to add a bit of balance.

I think Steve Bruce identified fairly quickly, the team needed experience and character for the rebuild.....To get some of the names we have has taken some cunning and years in the business as contacts. He needs to be commended for his transfer activities IMV.....maybe when we have progressed, we can attract, younger versions.

The trade off as there usually is one ....they are at the end of their careers and subsequently most are on Loan, they are not the quickest anymore either.

as for backing I guess you mean wages as opposed to Fee's.....because he has not spent that much in actual fact.

He has set his stall out to do it in a certain way as Wolves have set their stall out to do it their way.

We will see if Steve Bruce has found a way out..........once again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I wouldnt and I respectfully disagree. 

I think Steve Bruce did an ok/poor job last season but lest we forget we were in danger of doing a Sunderland. We really were. The fact he has transformed years of neglect and a losing attitude this season is to his credit. I dont think he had an easier job compared to our other managers at all. If it was so easy why did RDM fail at it with the same backing? 

I think its fair to say he is one of the best managers in the division. His current and previous track record back that up. Also when it comes to his transfers, well he is easily the best in the transfer / loan market we have had for a long long time. He gets a player for a very specific reason , usually for decent money or using his influence for a loan and everything he does transfer wise is towards his very focused aim - Get promoted this season and worry about next season later. Thats a coherent transfer policy that he has done very well in, particularly considering he doesn't have an open chequebook due to FFP.

Spot On

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I wouldnt and I respectfully disagree. 

I think Steve Bruce did an ok/poor job last season but lest we forget we were in danger of doing a Sunderland. We really were. The fact he has transformed years of neglect and a losing attitude this season is to his credit. I dont think he had an easier job compared to our other managers at all. If it was so easy why did RDM fail at it with the same backing? 

I think its fair to say he is one of the best managers in the division. His current and previous track record back that up.

I think we might be on similar pages, I mentioned privilege, not ease.

If you could see my other posts on Steve Bruce (most being on another forum), I have only commended his efforts and wish him the best in regards to putting forward a case for being our manager when and if we return to the Premier League.

I can tell you from my experience as a semi-professional athlete, that a losing mentality that a club has ony survives as long as it's roots do.

Villa have rid of an owner putting unrealistic and heavy constraints on his managers, have appointed a competent manager, and appointed talented and competent playing staff.

Bruce is not alone in the turn around of our mentality as a club. He is just at the head of what goes on on the pitch, which I don't mean to undermine, as it's such a vital role.

So I wonder if you mistake my using the privelege expression as a means to take anything away from the fantastic and hard work Bruce is doing, I'm not.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think what is really important that we have not discussed is the team as a whole. none of our key players have been sold and thankfully unless wyness and co have not informed us no bids for players like chester, grealish adomah etc. i think had one of our key players been sold it really could have cost us. keeping this squad together is key and thankfully we have managed that until at least the summer. 

i am also happy we have not gone crazy with signing players like the last few windows. two loans that will challenge the first team i am happy with this and wont cause rifts in the squad. i have to say i am loving the team unity that bruce has created with this side. even if you go on their social media pages you see the banter that goes on between the players. I also like the fact where JT will praise players publicly like snodgrass with his latest tweet.

things are looking great at the moment 

They really are and for someone who has sat through the Saunders and Taylor years and to some degree Big Ron, Little......I can smell it coming again, but its 10,000 metres not a sprint

I am not getting carried away, we still have some off days, but the resillience is very,very encouraging.

The fires are slowly getting put out and the phoenix is rising from the ashes.

I like the style of getting back to 2-3 in every window to blend them as opposed to wholesale changes ( albeit necessary at the time) which take much time to get right......the gradual strengthening is heart warming.

We will have the odd bloody nose, but our bounce back ability will see us through.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I think we might be on similar pages, I mentioned privilege, not ease.

If you could see my other posts on Steve Bruce (most being on another forum), I have only commended his efforts and wish him the best in regards to putting forward a case for being our manager when and if we return to the Premier League.

I can tell you from my experience as a semi-professional athlete, that a losing mentality that a club has ony survives as long as it's roots do.

Villa have rid of an owner putting unrealistic and heavy constraints on his managers, have appointed a competent manager, and appointed talented and competent playing staff.

Bruce is not alone in the turn around of our mentality as a club. He is just at the head of what goes on on the pitch, which I don't mean to undermine, as it's such a vital role.

hush your mouth!!!:D

3  x Hail Mary's for you.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

hush your mouth!!!:D

3  x Hail Mary's for you.

haha *Awaits ban for being an advertising account*

Although proud of my roots and former posting past, I can safely say VT is the place to be, multiply by 3.

How's that?

Quite apart from the obvious pleasantry of 5 wins on the spin is one more thing that has impressed me.

It seems to me there is a bond between Bruce, Wyness and Round.....all seem to be singing off the same Hymn sheet, not always seen at every football club where rifts are common place.

I cannot be certain on this of course, but thats the way it seems and I am usually quite perceptive of folk.

I think this is a massive plus.

I also think despite a few pops back at a section of the fans during his difficult runs and despite the odd reference to FFP, he has been very respectful to the board......when some managers may have let their frustration over spill.

all bodes well.....stability at last.

Edited by TRO

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

I hope you don't mind me answering too, but I appreciate its meant for Dem.

I know its not meant as criticism from you ,its more an observation.....but, just trying to add a bit of balance.

I think Steve Bruce identified fairly quickly, the team needed experience and character for the rebuild.....To get some of the names we have has taken some cunning and years in the business as contacts. He needs to be commended for his transfer activities IMV.....maybe when we have progressed, we can attract, younger versions.

The trade off as there usually is one ....they are at the end of their careers and subsequently most are on Loan, they are not the quickest anymore either.

as for backing I guess you mean wages as opposed to Fee's.....because he has not spent that much in actual fact.

He has set his stall out to do it in a certain way as Wolves have set their stall out to do it their way.

We will see if Steve Bruce has found a way out..........once again.

What Bruce as had, in comparison to the half dozen managers before him, is stability from above, and the obvious sense of security that brings. It helps to know that your enthusiasm for the job is reciprocated by all above you. Without that solidarity,  there is no way we would be in our present position. There's no doubting, he has steadied the ship, and for that, I commend him, but you have to acknowledge the facilitating factor of stability .

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

What Bruce as had, in comparison to the half dozen managers before him, is stability from above, and the obvious sense of security that brings. It helps to know that your enthusiasm for the job is reciprocated by all above you. Without that solidarity,  there is no way we would be in our present position. There's no doubting, he has steadied the ship, and for that, I commend him, but you have to acknowledge the facilitating factor of stability .

I could not possibly agree with you more and I think I have reiterated the exact same view in one of my earlier posts.

but Sheepy, we both know that winning games and gaining confidence is not just confined to the pitch......We the fans, the directors, the owner everyone associated with the club is up beat.....and the mood on here has changed...long may it continue.

Ps tell Grasshopper he can take his tin hat off and its safe to come out and enjoy himself.

Â