Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, sne said:

Not many Villa fans will be happy if we fail to get promoted I wager...

We have more chance of going up then without him. Do we really need to risk change and instability while we are only 4 points off 2nd?

10 hours ago, TRO said:

but Dave, we have the little thing to look after called our promotion bid......its like a mom leaving home and new one coming in, you lose the momentum what you have and the spirit....the new one is an unknown quantity.

who is the person who can galvanise us to doing that.....not saying SB is the greatest, but he does know the camp warts n all and they all know him.

But TRO he clearly does not know them well enough to get and keep them motivated long enough to produce consistent winning football as I have already said  I a man no Sparky fan but I believe he could galvanise this lot for a promotion charge 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

We have more chance of going up then without him. Do we really need to risk change and instability while we are only 4 points off 2nd?

The time to replace him was in the summer, then sadly we had this terrible start and they had the "opportunity" to make a change again. 

It's a pointless discussion as he's not going anywhere, and he never was IMO.

Until we are mathematically gone from promotion he will be here, and even if we fail to get promoted I think they might still feel he's our best option next season. I think they have the man they want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

:P

54 minutes ago, sne said:

The time to replace him was in the summer, then sadly we had this terrible start and they had the "opportunity" to make a change again. 

Until we are mathematically gone from promotion he will be here, and even if we fail to get promoted I think they might still feel he's our best option next season. I think they have the man they want.

I would say I agree with that Sne although I would not have sacked him in the summer. I would have given him this year 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Come on TRO - you are better than that dig. You know why the people who want Bruce out want him out (you have hopped in an out of that camp many times). 

It is nothing to do with disliking him, or wanting him out for the sake of wanting him out. It is that we are not meeting our targets (as confirmed by the doc) and we dont think that he will get us promoted. No-one who wants Bruce out will be disappointed if we get promoted. It is ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

The old trokey cokey - in out in out shake it all about ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Not a chance in hell he will be here next season if we do not get promoted.

I think they would even sack him if we drifted away from top 6.

I don't think the relationship between the board and Bruce is strong as you think. He has been undermined publicly by two tweets, one from Wyness and one from Xia. 

Also I think the mass hysteria and crisis comments were a dig at the club for the reaction after the Brentford game. All leave cancelled and all that. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Dave J said:

Oh my gosh - can I start to get a little excited at this news - is someone really willing to give us money for Bruce ? Now I am far from being a Mark Hughes fan ( superb footballer) but still has much to do to prove himself as a top manager - but I reckon he would give us a better chance to go up - rather than sticking with Bruce.

This is not intended as a ringing endorsement of Hughes - moreover I have very little faith in Boring Bruce to deliver.

Bruce is better than Hughes. Hughes to me is one of the biggest words removed going round. I don't want him so much as visiting Villa Park for mid week tour with the senior citizens on a bus tour. 

22 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Bruce is better than Hughes. Hughes to me is one of the biggest words removed going round. I don't want him so much as visiting Villa Park for mid week tour with the senior citizens on a bus tour. 

I don't want Hughes or Bruce .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sne said:

I'd be delighted with that.

Having him on as manager in the PL thou...

Makes no sense to me.  If he gets us up, he gets a shot in the Premier League.

People just want Bruce sacked irrespective of any circumstance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

This. Do not want. 

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I must reiterate that I am no massive sparky fan in terms of management but do I believe he would do better than Bruce with our current mob ? Yes I absolutely do - beyond this not so sure - but hey the pro Bruce supporters on here also say the same - so it comes down to opinions on who might do better in the next 4 months and as I say - I believe Hughes would achieve more than Bruce- it's just my own view of this 

• Like 1

I fail to see what Mark hughes has ever done to show he's a better manager than Bruce.

Want Bruce out? Fine. But Mark hughes is not the man to replace him.

With the choice of both I would 100% stick with bruce.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I must reiterate that I am no massive sparky fan in terms of management but do I believe he would do better than Bruce with our current mob ? Yes I absolutely do - beyond this not so sure - but hey the pro Bruce supporters on here also say the same - so it comes down to opinions on who might do better in the next 4 months and as I say - I believe Hughes would achieve more than Bruce- it's just my own view of this 

Why do you believe that he would do better? 

50 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Makes no sense to me.  If he gets us up, he gets a shot in the Premier League.

People just want Bruce sacked irrespective of any circumstance.

I don't think he should. Being fair, getting promoted probably deserves a crack but there's not much room for fairness. I think we would need to make the strong decision to replace. 

For 2 reasons. Firstly, we will need a massive squad overhaul and i don't think he is the man to do it. Secondly, i don't think he is good enough to keep us up as he has shown in the past, hence his numerous promotions from this league.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lexicon said:

30 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Look football is all about opinions is it not? Am I right to assume you think otherwise?  For me  Sparky has not done a bad job at Stoke in the grand scheme of things - yes he can be moody  and churlish at times in press conferences but you don't need to look far for the reasons he presents this way- but in all fairness he has given Stoke a different brand since he replaced Tony Pulis - they have recruited some reasonable ball players during this period and have generally done as well as could be expected in my honest opinion.

For me Sparky operating at his maximum capacity week in week out is a mid table prem manager - For me Bruce is not and neither is the football he produces.

i would add that neither Bruce or Hughes play any part in a vision that I want for Aston Villa - Hughes for me is no more than a short term stop gap manager to haul us over the line and review in the summer with maybe a 12 month deal ???

i doubt very much he would accept the job on these terms anyway so it's all pointless speculation 

Â