Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yes it would be too late. 

But the question was specifically “should Steve Bruce be sacked if we drop out of them [playoff places] again?”

It wasn’t “Should Steve Bruce be sacked if it looks like we might drop out of the playoff places soon but haven’t quite done it yet?”

my objection would be the same by either definition. 

6 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Yes because no underdog has ever won a match ever. 

Perhaps you are referring to in general......i was referring to on the day.

3 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

my objection would be the same by either definition. 

I don't really understand your point.

My answer of if we dropped out next week vs if we dropped out in the last weekend of the season was purely to demonstrate how the question of "Should Steve Bruce be sacked if we drop out of the playoff positions again?" is hugely dependent, imo, on WHEN we dropped out of the playoff places.
I can't answer the original question without a timeframe.

If the question is "Should Steve Bruce be automatically sacked if we fall out of the playoff positions at ANY point before the end of the season, regardless of context?" then my answer is no.

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

They were strong enough , but on the day , not motivated enough . Unacceptable ,IMO .

Thats exactly what i was reffering to on the day.

The manager has to take ultimate responsibility, but judging by his animated expression on the side he was bawling on occasion at them.

For sure, underdogs are successful in this competition, but surely that highlights the lack of intrinsic motivation some players struggle to muster.

I'm sorry, but when I say not strong enough, i meant mentally as well as physically, motivation, desire, will to win and application, in my mind formulate their overall strength as a player.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

For sure, underdogs are successful in this competition, but surely that highlights the lack of intrinsic motivation some players struggle to muster.

I'm sorry, but when I say not strong enough, i meant mentally as well as physically, motivation, desire, will to win and application, in my mind formulate their overall strength as a player.

Surely teams just beat other teams on certain days?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TRO said:

It seems it was the overwhelming choice of Bruces replacement on a poll....my point was this manager suffers the same as Steve Bruce ....his team fails when its not expected to too.

Dean Smith seems to be the choice when the brouters are asked for a replacement....so i thought it was apt to highlight the other side of the coin from his many successes over us.....I was trying to add a bit of balance.

I would point out there is this tiny bit of difference though, in regard to what the respective managers have had to work with, in terms of squad, money and infrastructure, etc.... you name it. Given all that, some might suggest it's slightly more understandable if/when Brentford suffers a bad result.

Fwiw Smith wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm 100% sure he'd do better than Bruce.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vreitti said:

I would point out there is this tiny bit of difference though, in regard to what the respective managers have had to work with, in terms of squad, money and infrastructure, etc.... you name it. Given all that, some might suggest it's slightly more understandable if/when Brentford suffers a bad result.

Fwiw Smith wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm 100% sure he'd do better than Bruce.

I like Smith but defensively he is pretty poor. 

If Bruce were to leave, I would prefer Jonkavic and I do think he is gettable as he has been complaining in the media about fulhams ambition 

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I like Smith but defensively he is pretty poor. 

If Bruce were to leave, I would prefer Jonkavic and I do think he is gettable as he has been complaining in the media about fulhams ambition 

Agreed, he'd be my first choice candidate as well.

Even wanting Bruce out, I don't think him going to Stoke would be a good thing.

It would mean rushing to find a replacement.

I'd rather the board let bruce go on their own terms (IF they let him go) and hopefully they'd have a plan of who to get to replace him.

That being said, I can't see him going to Stoke

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Even wanting Bruce out, I don't think him going to Stoke would be a good thing.

It would mean rushing to find a replacement.

I'd rather the board let bruce go on their own terms (IF they let him go) and hopefully they'd have a plan of who to get to replace him.

That being said, I can't see him going to Stoke

I agree it would be chaos for us at a vital time. If that were to happen then I would just pay the compensation and get Rowett or Jonakavic in. 

But why go for Bruce when you can get Rowett? Younger, has brighter futurer in the club and doing better than Bruce 

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If it means they pay us enough compo for him I will pick him up personally and drop him off at the Britannia stadium!..

Hide contents

... Enough for someone else's *cough* Rafa's release clause.. 

Stop kidding yourself.

Â