Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

29 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Does he though ? We have bobbed in and out of the play offs for a little while - I would say promotion is totally in the balance and could very easily go either way - which is why I repeat that ok is not ok 

5 points off 2nd place is close. You would honestly rather we sacked him now and gambled with another manager at this stage of the season?

Personally I think the winning mentality is vital. Going for a cuppa before the game with Barry Fry after what he said etc just annoys me. End of the day Bruce picked a good enough team and they didn't perform. I have a few gripes though. He should play Elphick at CB, JDH and RHM should have both got games and O'Hare should be playing centrally. Then again that XI was good enough easily. They looked like they had no intensity at all. 

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

We have bobbed in and out of the play offs for a little while 

Not really. We've only fallen out of the playoff positions once since we got into them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not really. We've only fallen out of the playoff positions once since we got into them.

Honest question, Should Bruce remain in charge if we fall out of them again?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Honest question, Should Bruce remain in charge if we fall out of them again?

Yes. If he falls away from them then he has to go. 

Honest question. Does a small part of you hope we fall out of playoffs so Bruce might get sacked? 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Personally I think the winning mentality is vital. Going for a cuppa before the game with Barry Fry after what he said etc just annoys me. 

memories of the glory days at blues

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes. If he falls away from them then he has to go. 

Honest question. Does a small part of you hope we fall out of playoffs so Bruce might get sacked? 

No.

I want the best for Aston Villa and want back in the premier league asap.

This is a horrible league to be in and will become harder and harder year on year the longer we are in it.

As much as I do not rate the manager I wouldn't want us to just lose for the sake of getting rid of him as that is just silly given what is at stake now and the future of the club.

I feel Bruce is capable of getting himself the sack given enough rope, at the same time shit football combined with poor runs of results cannot be accepted either.

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Okay  :rolleyes:

What's the issue?

It depends on any number of factors. Primarily when it happens.

If we drop out of the playoffs next weekend then I'd say no, he shouldn't be sacked.
If he drops out of them on the last weekend of the season, then he should 100% be sacked.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What's the issue?

If we drop out of the playoffs next weekend then I'd say no, he shouldn't be sacked.
If he drops out of them on the last weekend of the season, then he should 100% be sacked.

Then it’s too late to change anything.  

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What's the issue?

When it's too late?

If we don't win the next game he shouldn't be sacked.  If then we don't win the game after that he is walking a tightrope.  If we then do not win the 3rd game then I think the club will need to act as it will mean yet another poor run of results.

I can't see any of this happening though.  I think we'll win all 3.

12 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

You said:

"We did compete"

That typically means that we played well, and did not deserve to lose. It is also the terminology used to describe a "lesser" team playing against a higher league team, when they expect to lose - which is the wrong way round.

To say that you felt we competed must mean that you felt the performance was in some way acceptable.  

You could have then decided to show some examples of how we were not completely outplayed. Instead you decided to throw sarcastic comments (lets accept your position that they were not insults), what reaction did you expect?

We weren’t completely outplayed as we weren’t hammered. Competing doesn’t mean you don’t deserve to lose. 

This isn’t rocket science. 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We weren’t completely outplayed as we weren’t hammered. Competing doesn’t mean you don’t deserve to lose. 

This isn’t rocket science. 

We very much where near enough outplayed in more spells than less and would it not have been for the heroics of the keeper Steer we would have been hammered. We got off lighlty at 3-1 imo

Â