Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

30 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

The latter. :)

Maybe who knows... After Xia's latest comments would be interesting to see if the Dr would give them permission should they make an approach?..

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Maybe who knows... After Xia's latest comments would be interesting to see if the Dr would give them permission should they make an approach?..

While not allowing myself to be carried away too much by this from blindness of inner hope, I feel it could just be another market mover with no substance..

Is Billic still 1/17?  :D

Edited by AvfcRigo82

20 hours ago, bobzy said:

Surely teams just beat other teams on certain days?

of course they do.....we were just looking for reasons maybe why, especially when one has a supposedly  better team.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

While not allowing myself to be carried away too much by this from blindness of inner hope, I feel it could just be another market mover with no substance..

Is Billic still 1/17?  :D

I think that was known as friends washing money with each other :D

15 hours ago, vreitti said:

I would point out there is this tiny bit of difference though, in regard to what the respective managers have had to work with, in terms of squad, money and infrastructure, etc.... you name it. Given all that, some might suggest it's slightly more understandable if/when Brentford suffers a bad result.

Fwiw Smith wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm 100% sure he'd do better than Bruce.

Why do you have to resort back to money spent.......why did Leicester win the league, when they spent less than their competitors......Money just raises the odds of getting it right amongst many, many factors., without desire, it guarantees nothing.

I think we was talking about motivation and being up for it?

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Even wanting Bruce out, I don't think him going to Stoke would be a good thing.

It would mean rushing to find a replacement.

I'd rather the board let bruce go on their own terms (IF they let him go) and hopefully they'd have a plan of who to get to replace him.

That being said, I can't see him going to Stoke

unless he knows the mood in the camp and thinks it might be worth considering?

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Why do you have to resort back to money spent.......why did Leicester win the league, when they spent less than their competitors......Money just raises the odds of getting it right amongst many, many factors., without desire, it guarantees nothing.

I think we was talking about motivation and being up for it?

Well I don't have to do anything, obviously I felt it was a compelling argument.

Honestly, I don't know what we were talking about. It's all been done to death as far as I'm concerned. 

I just hope Bruce does his job now, gets us up, and then pisses off. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Well I don't have to do anything, obviously I felt it was a compelling argument.

Honestly, I don't know what we were talking about. It's all been done to death as far as I'm concerned. 

I just hope Bruce does his job now, gets us up, and then pisses off. 

ditto

Bruce is going nowhere, especially to a Premier League club. The idea is laughable. It is too late to change him now. We are stuck with him untill the end of the season, and just have to hope that he can justify the faith that many posters have in him, and get us promoted.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kingman said:

And in other news... Bruce has gone 16/1 from 66/1 over night for the Stoke job! :P

Oh my gosh - can I start to get a little excited at this news - is someone really willing to give us money for Bruce ? Now I am far from being a Mark Hughes fan ( superb footballer) but still has much to do to prove himself as a top manager - but I reckon he would give us a better chance to go up - rather than sticking with Bruce.

This is not intended as a ringing endorsement of Hughes - moreover I have very little faith in Boring Bruce to deliver.

Bruce would make sense for Stoke - chance to keep them up and if they fail then the best guy on paper to bring them back up. I could see him being tempted as he must know he will be out the door upon (our potential) promotion anyway. 

But surely Rowett to Stoke is the best outcome...

Edited by Jareth

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bruce would make sense for Stoke - chance to keep them up and if they fail then the best guy on paper to bring them back up. I could see him being tempted as he must know he will be out the door upon (our potential) promotion anyway. 

No no no - surely Bruce to Stoke is the best outcome wouldn't you think?

Has Bruce ever been poached? There’s a whole heap of managers that’s get brought in for rescue jobs or stability. Most tend to be big impact managers that get teams up for it something Bruce doesn’t seem to be able to do. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dn1982 said:

Has Bruce ever been poached? There’s a whole heap of managers that’s get brought in for rescue jobs or stability. Most tend to be big impact managers that get teams up for it something Bruce doesn’t seem to be able to do. 

Big game hunting is frowned upon in most countries.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Think he’s been poached four  times - didn’t he quit early in his management after a few weeks to leave Wigan for palace  and then quit palace for blues and then he quit blues for Wigan and Wigan for Sunderland .

money talks ;)

Edited by Eastie

54 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I live in hope that Stoke are stupid enough to offer this man a job.

It would be a perfect fit. Lump it up to Crouchy and see what happens. Just what Brucie ordered, a big lad up front..

Â