Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, villarocker said:

Is there any chance John Terry could manage us through to the end of this season on a caretaker basis? With the comments from Bruce in the press about what a great example he sets and how he'd make a great manager etc maybe the board will give him a shout as player manager? Cheaper option plus see what he is made of to see if they can fast track him into his first managerial role?

Only once our promotion hopes are ended on all levels he may be worth letting have a crack at it perhaps?

19 minutes ago, villarocker said:

He's recently been training with top players and coaches so will have a clear knowledge of training methods from last season's Premier League winning club.Maybe he would change our coaches and training methods?

Or introduce some?

55 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Is there any chance John Terry could manage us through to the end of this season on a caretaker basis? With the comments from Bruce in the press about what a great example he sets and how he'd make a great manager etc maybe the board will give him a shout as player manager? Cheaper option plus see what he is made of to see if they can fast track him into his first managerial role?

It's a no lose solution for me. 

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

I see where you are at with the notion of this suggestion, for me all it would be like is someone who has just lumbered a roulette machine with everything and lost it, -this move/suggestion would be like throwing in the last of your change in a hope you claw it all back, but reality it is chasing and could land up losing everything altogether and come away with nothing.

11 hours ago, vreitti said:

This. This. This. This. This.

Well its a thought or alternative thats all, not a "set in tablets of stone"statement.

funny how Alex Neil has turned Preston fortunes around since he has his better players back from injury.

Its fine thinking you know the answer, bully for you.....but be ready to have those theories tested at times, with a bit more humility.

34 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I see where you are at with the notion of this suggestion, for me all it would be like is someone who has just lumbered a roulette machine with everything and lost it, -this move/suggestion would be like throwing in the last of your change in a hope you claw it all back, but reality it is chasing and could land up losing everything altogether and come away with nothing.

We've already lost everything though. 

We will not get promoted under Bruce. Even if we make the play offs (which I don't think we will anyway) we will not get through them. 

Giving Terry a go at least buys us a Lottery ticket and in the summer we can get a new permanent manager at the best time to do so.  Or maybe Terry will be a good manager and totally transform the team. That's why I feel it's no lose. 

Edited by sidcow

The bit that I don't quite understand is how can some fresh faces from the academy be any worse than seasoned pro's who look like they have an error in them due to the slow laboured approach from their play.

surely its no more of a risk.....even 45 minutes, if he feels they can't last 90

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TRO said:

The bit that I don't quite understand is how can some fresh faces from the academy be any worse than seasoned pro's who look like they have an error in them due to the slow laboured approach from their play.

surely its no more of a risk.....even 45 minutes, if he feels they can't last 90

The last thing O'Hare did for the first team was get an assist. Hasn't been seen since. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Good point.

Andre Green, Jack Doyle-Hayes, Callum O'Hare & Rushan Hepburn Murphy (Davis) too.

All would serve food for thought, we need a manager that has the ability of thought!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Bruce manages far to conservatively and safely for that kind of wild, risky, out of the box kind of thinking.  

Bruce has said we are down to our bare bones today with Whelan and Davis out ill. So just our keeper from Man U, our captain last year, our £8m defender, one of our best players last year, one of the best CMs in the league last year, England u21 regular, our top goalscorer, one of the best wingers in the league and our £15m striker. Poor Bruce.

20 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Should but won't. He's not under any sort of pressure in the media yet, for example.

Neither was rdm - the media won’t sack him but he will surely be judged on results as rdm was 

Edited by Eastie

Â