Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We can get still get promoted this season with the current setup.  Rebuild will take years.

go up this season?

current squad? yes

Management & coaches? No

how far up do you want to go?

Round? maybe, maybe not

Wyness? more chance of his cholesterol going up

10 hours ago, briny_ear said:

So, was just speculating when this thread will get to 1250 pages.

Slightly tricky because during an international break there will be nothing actually to talk about.

Will that have an effect?

so Sat 18th, Sun 19th or Mon20th???

And what proportion of posts will be from a contributor whose name begins with G?

Probably the only posts worth reading ,if it's the G ,I'm thinking of .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Joking aside. If he has a health issue, then he should be on gardening leave untill that issue is „resolved“.

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

He's only talking of getting a check-up, dude! 

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

shucks!

I shouldn't be surprised, but this is pretty low.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

OK, I give up. WTF are the upside down „quotation marks” all about? Never seen any normal user of the English language do that ever in all my life.

It's the new craze, haven't you heard ? Come on bruv ,you need to know what time it is .

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

OK, I give up. WTF are the upside down „quotation marks” all about? Never seen any normal user of the English language do that ever in all my life.

my iphone does it automatically.

I don‘t know why.

But hey, does it also annoy you when other people breathe?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Joking aside. If he has a health issue, then he should be on gardening leave untill that issue is „resolved“.

He's suffering from Phytophthora infestans - commonly known (to the Irish) as potato blight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

He's suffering from Phytophthora infestans - commonly known (to the Irish) as potato blight. 

I suppose his head has taken a good bashing and is slightly mashed.

I must remind myself to put a smiley so that the serious people are informed that I‘m joking

I must remind myself to put a smiley so that the serious people are informed that I‘m joking

I must remind myself to put a smiley so that the serious people are informed that I‘m joking..........100x

;):rolleyes::ph34r::huh:B).......

5 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I suppose his head has taken a good bashing and is slightly mashed.

I must remind myself to put a smiley so that the serious people are informed that I‘m joking..........100x

;):rolleyes::ph34r::huh:B).......

Joking that you hope our manager has dementia so he can't manage the team anymore.

Hilarious.

On 11/9/2017 at 10:27, dn1982 said:

Not rocket science 433 attacking 451 defending We've  been playing 4411 or basic 442. 

so if we spend more time defending we are playing 4-5-1 more than 4-3-3.ok

seen as the whole thing is dynamic and it only has relevance at kick offs, because as you allude to the formation morfs during a game is there much point anyone getting precious about it?

2 hours ago, TRO said:

so if we spend more time defending we are playing 4-5-1 more than 4-3-3.ok

seen as the whole thing is dynamic and it only has relevance at kick offs, because as you allude to the formation morfs during a game is there much point anyone getting precious about it?

No - in a nutshell at the end of the day  all the average football fan wants is basically to  see some entertainment and winning football - I could not give a flying fig what the system is along as the above applies and for what it’s worth I don’t see Bruce delivering on either front.

my happiest days watching Villa were  under Big Ron the football was poetry in motion and yes I was there at Highbury when we clinched the title but the fayre on offer was no where near as that offered by Big Ron.

so style and substance are both very important imo 

• Like 1

Â