Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We lost to the best team in the league..

They had a whole summer to become the best team in the league. 

I don't blame Bruce because he is limited in his approach. He cannot become a better manager he can only motivate the players. 

I blame the ownership for appointing him without any real thought of what they wanted to build here. 

Bruce is going to have good spells and bad spells at this club. The football will not be any different.  This is something that we have to accept until Xia has had enough because Wyness and Round are not going to sack Bruce. 

I just hope that neither of them have any say in the next selection process.

To be fair Brentford ripped us apart more without the reward and Reading out passed us more so though Wolves maybe the best in the league beating us isn't the greatest barometer. I do blame Bruce but totally agree wit him the rest of it. I can't see us going up automatically and after tonight I would bite your hand off if offered 6th!! 

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

I'm not. Just talking about today.

I think you are missing my point. If he can’t be criticised for today, because they are a good side with a good manager and players my point is he can’t be praised for wins against poor sides, with poor managers and players.

To absolve him today but praise for beating the likes of Bolton would seem a little unbalanced to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Ok, so turning that around the other way should he have got praise for beating the likes of Bolton and Barnsley?

I think it’s almost impossible to make any kind of arguement that Bruce is doing a good job. 

Especially based on the football he serves up. Utter garbage! How many passes forward to our midfield make? Hourihane the top assister last season looks frightened to create anything! 

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think you are missing my point. If he can’t be criticised for today, because they are a good side with a good manager and players my point is he can’t be praised for wins against poor sides, with poor managers and players.

To absolve him today but praise for beating the likes of Bolton would seem a little unbalanced to me.

Sure, it works both ways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People make the argument that Wolves have some players which are a cut above, and I can't disagree.

So let's simplify this.

If Bruce was managing Wolves with the same players, do you honestly think they would be playing the same?

Keep it real.

Best summary I've seen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This a very well balanced post. It's the truth.

It's to the point now where it's hard to even blame him.

I'm wondering if Tonys Chinese pride will be hurt.

The boys down the road laughing at showing how it's done.

I hope it is. Hopefully he also learns from them. Tony has signed the biggest club by far in the West midlands yet right now we are easily 3rd place. It's quite depressing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know today was poor but to say the four wins were lucky is laughable 

As Clint Eastwood said, "I was lucky in the order".

We should always have won those games, and his great good fortune was finding the fixture list being kind to him when he was apparently on the verge of being sacked.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People make the argument that Wolves have some players which are a cut above, and I can't disagree.

So let's simplify this.

If Bruce was managing Wolves with the same players, do you honestly think they would be playing the same?

Keep it real.

No they wouldn't but those same players would still be the difference in games. They would be bailing him out similar to how Kodja did last season. Even though they out played us today one man was the difference. If he wasn't on the pitch I think we would have a got a point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hope it is. Hopefully he also learns from them. Tony has signed the biggest club by far in the West midlands yet right now we are easily 3rd place. It's quite depressing.

It's very depressing.

1 minute ago, peterms said:

As Clint Eastwood said, "I was lucky in the order".

We should always have won those games, and his great good fortune was finding the fixture list being kind to him when he was apparently on the verge of being sacked.

I felt we would have a good September but feared October would be our downfall - I hope this was just a blip :(

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wolves is an example what can happen when you spend money in this league with the right contacts and right signings which we didnt do

Also an example of sacking managers when it's not working and it not meaning you have to start again. This is their 3rd manager.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who's he? 

Also I just read that Nuno finished fourth with Valencia! Totally different calibre of manager to Bruce. Wolves mean business.

Makes me sick!!

Jorge Mendes. Football agent with an endless contacts list & financed by a big budget.

Â