Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wolves is an example what can happen when you spend money in this league with the right contacts and right signings which we didnt do

Yep, really shows up all the mistakes that have been made by those at the top.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Yep, really shows up all the mistakes that have been made by those at the top.

I think its fine to know what our problems are but before we hype Wolves they have had a few shots at it over the years.

We have all made mistakes.....its just recognising them and dealing with them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

But but Bruce has FOUR promotions on his CV. Four. 

Its just lunacy to suggest we should get rid of him, when what we should do is write off this season, give him another £50m to spend, and another pre-season. Thats the only way to do thing. Changing manager would just be stupid as we would lose all the progress we have made under Steve Bruce's heroic management to date. 

Nobody is even saying this anymore. It's like your post is about 2 months out of date! 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He seems quite distraught to be fair.

To be honest i dint have any complaints with what he said there. Wolves were a lot better than us and deserved the win. Was humble in defeat.

Tactics were abit too negative for me, but that was probabky wolves best performance of the season. Too many of our big players were poor today. With kodjia being the most guilty person 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Do people still think we have the best squad in the league I wonder? 

Deluded if they do. @markavfc40 even said Grealish had potential to be head and shoulders above anyone in this league. Wonder if he still feels that way after watching Nunes and Jota. 

I think some fans think we are better than we really are. 

25 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I wish he would just go. There is a team at Villa Park just waiting for a decent manager with some modern day tactical awareness.

If we dont win any of the next two then serious questions will have to be asked about bruces future here.

Edited by Demitri_C

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Deluded if they do. @markavfc40 even said Grealish had potential to be head and shoulders above anyone in this league. Wonder if he still feels that way after watching Nunes and Jota. 

I think some fans think we are better than we really are. 

Its true. Wolves are better than us. How can anyone dispute that? Grealish on his best day is nowhere near as good as jota.

I would say wolves are in a differwnt catergory alone then you have the nezt tier of cardoff Leeds preston us etc 

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who's he? 

Also I just read that Nuno finished fourth with Valencia! Totally different calibre of manager to Bruce. Wolves mean business.

Makes me sick!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Mendes

Jorge Mendes, is a Portuguese footballagent. He is registered with the Portuguese Football Federation[1] and heads the GestiFute company, founded in 1996.[2]Mendes is among the most influential football agents in the world, with clients including Cristiano Ronaldo, David de Gea, Diego Costa, James Rodríguez, and José Mourinho.[3][4][5][6] Mendes is often referred to as a "super-agent".[4][7][8]

Mendes has been named Best Agent of the Year at the Globe Soccer Awards six consecutive times, from 2010 to 2015.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

And Nuno is his client. All makes sense now. Just goes to show it's not what you know....

Not only that, he's a "special advisor" to the Chinese owners Fosun.  And Nuno isn't his only client at Wolves either.  That £16m midfielder, Neves, is on the list.  Jota, scorer of the first goal and on loan from Atletico, is another.

You can see the pattern already...

I'm a bit jealous, but I also hate modern football.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Not only that, he's a "special advisor" to the Chinese owners Fosun.  And Nuno isn't his only client at Wolves either.  That £16m midfielder, Neves, is on the list.  Jota, scorer of the first goal and on loan from Atletico, is another.

You can see the pattern already...

I'm a bit jealous, but I also hate modern football.

You only hate it because it keeps leaving us behind!  I hate it too.

• Like 1

I think it takes time to get a team playing the way you want.....and that depends on who you inherit and who and how many you need to bring in.

We have had a mess to sort out and that is why we have the manager we have.

This league is also a physically demanding league that requires players who can function in it.

I understand that many of our players have played in the premier league and have to acclimatise to that and deal with it, we have just won 4 games on the bounce albeit against lowly opposition and that was evident the way they physically man handled us.

my view was when we play the better teams, we will be allowed to play more and exhibit our reputed skills......so you can possibly understand, that i felt as low as a snakes belly watching that.....

we don't pass, we stretch and poke it in to someones feet, its poor....we panic balls to each other, there is no composure, from one week to the next.

something is wrong with us.....it was substandard play today.

there are times when i watch us and think they ( the players)have only seen Bodymoor heath on a post card.

Edited by TRO

Â