Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Genie said:

I bet he isn’t, I bet his target wasn’t to be better than 7th after 12 games.

Well the club were talking about automatic promotion in the summer. We aren't on course for that. And we currently aren't on course for the playoffs. But guess we need to lower that expectation. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Fan expectation seems to match those of the owner and the CEO. Is everyone wrong? Does everyone need to lower their expectations so Steve Bruce can be left alone?

Xia would have moved him on if he felt he wasn’t the man for the job (like he did with the others). 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Well the club were talking about automatic promotion in the summer. We aren't on course for that. And we currently aren't on course for the playoffs. But guess we need to lower that expectation. 

If we’d have won yesterday we’d have been 2 points off top of the league... yes we lost but it shows just how close we actually are. 

After all the manager changes we’ve had we’ve got progressively worse, until recently where we’ve started looking up again... and then there are people STILL pushing for a manager change. I really don’t understand the logic. It’s a risk business, we’ve got far more to lose than gain realistically. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

If we’d have won yesterday we’d have been 2 points off top of the league... yes we lost but it shows just how close we actually are. 

It actually showed how far away we are

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It actually showed how far away we are

We’re not as good as the teams that win every game... who are they exactly? Can’t be the mighty wolves as they also lost the same amount of games as us before the game.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

We’re not as good as the teams that win every game... who are they exactly? Can’t be the mighty wolves as they also lost the same amount of games as us before the game.

We are not as good as the better teams in this division. Wolves arent great but they made us look like the poor team we are

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We are not as good as the better teams in this division. Wolves arent great but they made us look like the poor team we are

They had a good day, they have had bad days too hence the losses. That was my point about the promoted teams last year, lost nearly 35 games between the 3 of them. Should they have sacked their managers because they lost to someone their fans decided they should have beaten? Madness.

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

After all the manager changes we’ve had we’ve got progressively worse, until recently where we’ve started looking up again... and then there are people STILL pushing for a manager change. I really don’t understand the logic. It’s a risk business, we’ve got far more to lose than gain realistically. 

We haven't looked like a team that could get promoted under Bruce, failure to do so will cause serious issues IMO. We've got a lot more to lose by sticking with Bruce and just hoping, than trying a different manager with a squad easily capable of promotion.

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

They had a good day, they have had bad days too hence the losses. That was my point about the promoted teams last year, lost nearly 35 games between the 3 of them. Should they have sacked their managers because they lost to someone their fans decided they should have beaten? Madness.

Well all 3 of them early on last year, looked capable of going up, so why would fans call for change on the odd loss? We on the other hand, finished 13th last season and don't look capable of promotion this season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

...and don't look capable of promotion this season. 

You’re right 

(if we disregard the long unbeaten run and 4 wins on the bounce scoring plenty of goals from across the pitch, apart from that I’d have to agree with you).

Just now, Genie said:

You’re right 

(if we disregard the long unbeaten run and 4 wins on the bounce scoring plenty of goals from across the pitch, apart from that I’d have to agree with you).

Haha and where are we?

Takes a lot more that playing well for a few games to get out of this league. 

Using your logic Adomah is capable of scoring 30 goals this season because he did it over a few games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

You’re right 

what long unbeaten run? 8 is not really that long. Brighton went 21 last season

• Like 2

We constantly hear about his ability to get teams promoted, but with the financial backing of our owner ,surely any decent manager would have us at least looking like promotion candidates. We're like a really poor version of the England team ,and that's a terrible indictment. 

• Like 2

The over reaction here is quite impressive, we had a poor day yesterday and unfortunately Wolves were really good. A few weeks ago they played poorly themselves against Sheff Utd and lost 2-0... everyone in this league has a bad week

To say we are miles off target for promotion is a bold statement when we are only in October, 1 point off the playoffs and 5 points off the automatics. We now have 2 winnable games and then a 6 pointer for a playoff place against Preston

Yes we lost a game, but we've come off the back off an 8 game unbeaten run. No need to panic just yet

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

The over reaction here is quite impressive, we had a poor day yesterday and unfortunately Wolves were really good. A few weeks ago they played poorly themselves against Sheff Utd and lost 2-0... everyone in this league has a bad week

To say we are miles off target for promotion is a bold statement when we are only in October, 1 point off the playoffs and 5 points off the automatics. We now have 2 winnable games and then a 6 pointer for a playoff place against Preston

Yes we lost a game, but we've come off the back off an 8 game unbeaten run. No need to panic just yet

but we didnt really beat anybody in them 8 games except maybe Norwich.

the difficult games we have had Wolves, Hull, Cardiff, Reading, Boro we havent won

• Like 1

Â