Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Poor performance and wolves impressed me - however we are 5 points off 2nd place and need to put this game behiNd us and kick on against Fulham and blues .

Bruce was outthought tactically and we should have changed the system at half time as we were totally on the rack .

Will not dwell too much on this game but no doubt we need to get back on track against Fulham as we cannot afford another bad run .

Just now, lexicon said:

We didn't 'need' to win this game - we need to beat the teams we should be beating, that's what gets you there at the end of the season. 

Yes we did, because our last four wins have come against shite teams that we should have been rolling aside with ease - which apart from Burton and Barnsley to a degree, didn't happen - so if we wanted to be actually challengers this season, we needed to show we could beat good teams, but we can't, so no promotion for us.

And as for beating teams we need to beat, what about Cardiff? Brentford? Bristol City? Middlesbrough? Reading? I'd say if we wanted promotion we should be beating at least 3/4 of them, yet we still shut up shop and didn't get a sniff. And you seem to be conveniently be missing the point about how an actual promotion challenger, Wolves, would not play this way at VP,  because they'd try beat us and take points of a fellow challenger. If we'd won today, we'd be 1 point off top, instead we're 7. Sure it's a long season, but if that's how we play the moment we face anyone half decent, that gap is only going to get bigger.

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

No. I don’t.

I have an opinion, that Bruce is doing a shite job, won’t get us promoted and I think he should be sacked.

Not a lot of difference tbf. 

Rather than get drawn into a semantics debate, I think focusing on the task at hand is more important - I don't see that game as conclusive proof that Bruce should go. We need to be winning the games that we should win and we have been doing that of late, which for me is a lot more important than getting a result away against one of the best sides in the league. 

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's not just Bruce it's the player we have signed. Including Bruce's signings. They are not technically gifted players. We just came across a team full of technically gifted players and they played us off the park. 

We are caught between a rock and a hard place, because we don't do the ugly stuff well enough either.

our ball control and subsequent ball retention is low level to be going anywhere.

but today we had too many players not at it.....players you expect a performance from were flat.

Edited by TRO

Just now, Eastie said:

The modern game has changed and Bruce hasn’t really moved with it .

Give him time.

(Joking obv)

Give him more.

(am I joking?)

More.

More time.

More time to sit back.

More time to be a team based on fear.

More time to push long balls out to the wing.

More. 

Time.

A poem by Dick.

• Like 1

Genuinely disappointed with tonight. It was such a big opportunity to show we've turned a corner but the fact is nothing has changed at all. It's all well and good beating the poor teams in this league but whenever a big game comes along there's just no intent to score or create chances at all. It was so negative tonight, how do we go a whole game not creating anything? 

Wolves are a very good side, on a completely different level to us which that in itself is disappointing. I was so jealous when they hired Nuno and they're showing why. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Rather than get drawn into a semantics debate, I think focusing on the task at hand is more important - I don't see that game as conclusive proof that Bruce should go. We need to be winning the games that we should win and we have been doing that of late, which for me is a lot more important than getting a result away against one of the best sides in the league. 

Yes there is. You have an opinion, I have an opinion. Only you want to try and accuse me of having an agenda, which frankly a little silly, simply because our opinions differ.

My opinion is isn’t formed on not getting a result against Wolves, but you already know that but you are opting to misrepresent it as being so. 

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Bruce out.

I'm fed up of watching the same old shit and seeing the same old excuses.

You don’t like winning 4 on the bounce, 8 unbeaten stretching back into August? Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I used to defend Bruce but we should be at least competing in these games. Same with reading and Cardiff too. We look outclassed and smallfry even though we have one of the best squads. I believe with Bruce we can beat shit teams and compete for 6th-10th and that's not good enough (even if we fluke a playoff)

Nuno has been in the job 10 minutes with a raft of new players and has them playing like that.

SB, 12 months and we still look shite.

No more excuses for this useless clown.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

It's not. 12 months of awful football and underwhelming results is.

• Like 1

Â