Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Deluded if they do. @markavfc40 even said Grealish had potential to be head and shoulders above anyone in this league. Wonder if he still feels that way after watching Nunes and Jota. 

I think some fans think we are better than we really are. 

I have no problem admitting that I under estimated Nunes and Jota and if that is how they are playing week in week out then clearly they are above this level.

I think we are much better than we showed tonight and still think we have the best squad in this league or certainly as good as any other. It is down to the manager to get enough out them over the season, and for the players to apply themselves in the right way, to prove that right though come the end of it. Time will tell.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Tbf if Grealish was up agaisnt Whelan and Hourihane today he’d have looked as good as Jota ..

You might be right, thinking if Jedi was there, as sloppy as he is with possession, they would have had less joy.

I didn't watch the match as it was on at 3am, so just woke up..... Checked the score, then the write up. First sentence was.....

Wolves were dominant for the majority of the match. Enough said...... I know how the rest of the write up goes, I've read it before. Many times. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I’ve zero interest in hearing anything Bruce has to say.

I recall saying the same thing weeks ago.  I am amazed he still has a job, we have a squad capable of promotion but a Manager who is frankly woeful.

When I use go to my grandpa's as a little kid, he use to tell me a saying and told me not to forget it, 

A poor tradesman always blames his tools.

A good tradesman, will make a mistake then have a good hard long look at himself, and try not to make it again. 

What kind of tradesman are you Bruce?

Edited by Villan_of_oz

11 minutes ago, macandally said:

I recall saying the same thing weeks ago.  I am amazed he still has a job, we have a squad capable of promotion but a Manager who is frankly woeful.

Fill your boots, tonight is the night.

I have to admit......that was pants.:)

14 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I didn't watch the match as it was on at 3am, so just woke up..... Checked the score, then the write up. First sentence was.....

Wolves were dominant for the majority of the match. Enough said...... I know how the rest of the write up goes, I've read it before. Many times. 

You didn't miss anything.

Just now, TRO said:

You didn't miss anything.

Just want to take a moment before the week long Bruce debate continues, to say @TRO whilst you are pro-Bruce (well in my view anyway) you are always very objective. Credit it to you. 

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

You selected one line out of my post....

thats what i was alluding to.

Yes, I think we agree.  He has found his level.  The team has found his level.  That's the lower part of the upper half of the second division.

I don't like it.

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just want to take a moment before the week long Bruce debate continues, to say @TRO whilst you are pro-Bruce (well in my view anyway) you are always very objective. Credit it to you. 

Oz...thanks

I am not convinced about this football, just like the bruce outers, if i am allowed to say that.

I am just unsure where the problems (that I see on the pitch) are coming from.

I can understand coaches coming in for stuff, but some of what i see, is the responsibility of the player himself Imv.

I accept the Wolves manager has had no time, but his players can pass the ball and they move too for a return.....and when they run at to you, they keep the ball under control.

i will have to stop.....i'm jealous already.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Oz...thanks

I am not convinced about this football, just like the bruce outers, if i am allowed to say that.

I am just unsure where the problems (that I see on the pitch) are coming from.

I can understand coaches coming in for stuff, but some of what i see, is the responsibility of the player himself Imv.

I accept the Wolves manager has had no time, but his players can pass the ball and they move too for a return.....and when they run at to you, they keep the ball under control.

i will have to stop.....i'm jealous already.

It is all down to the recruitment

The recruitment of the manager and the players to fit into his style.

We have not recruited well for years now. 

• Like 1

For me this league is just somewhere you get out of by hook or by crook, performance really doesn’t matter at all, just get up.

Then once up it’s more of the same to avoid the drop, you need to be getting to a place where the likes of WBA, WHU or Stoke are where you can start layering it with a brand or a style of play.

I believe Bruce has a squad capable of getting out of his league and come the end of the season we’ll be into the lottery of the play offs. It would be madness to roll the dice again now considering just how many awful managers (in terms of results and performances) we’ve had over the past 5 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peterms said:

Yes, I think we agree.  He has found his level.  The team has found his level.  That's the lower part of the upper half of the second division.

I don't like it.

I didn't like that tonight.

I thought Wolves did ok and are a decent side, but thsts all.

Blues last night showed lots of guts and determination to overcome Cardiff....it can take you far.....its not the be all and end all but it make up for a lack of ability in this league and thats not dismissing.... ability.

That offering of ours is what i feared we would do....it was **** poor

We get too easily negated.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

For me this league is just somewhere you get out of by hook or by crook, performance really doesn’t matter at all, just get up.

Then once up it’s more of the same to avoid the drop, you need to be getting to a place where the likes of WBA, WHU or Stoke are where you can start layering it with a brand or a style of play.

I believe Bruce has a squad capable of getting out of his league and come the end of the season we’ll be into the lottery of the play offs. It would be madness to roll the dice again now considering just how many awful managers (in terms of results and performances) we’ve had over the past 5 years.

It all makes sense.

if we could emulate the wolves model, i would be tempted.....but i don't want a near miss....like. Remi.

you could be right.

Â