Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

In the cold light of day, I realise that it is not the defeat that really hurts, it was the gutless, disjointed and disinterested manner it was gifted.

The simple fact is that although we have a pretty decent defensive shape, we cannot break out of it.  We cannot pass, have poor movement on and off the ball, have only one or two players capable of beating a man, and frankly, are poor.

As a player, you cannot be happy with being coached or playing like that.

We could still go up, but not under Bruce and these coaches.  It’s grass roots level basics not being done properly and that is inexcusable.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dread to see this team in the top flight

We are not building for the future, I think the whole three teams rubbish Wyness talked about is wrong.  Build your blueprint here and take it with you when you go up, removes the risk of yo-yoing.  Worked for Southampton, Bournemouth etc.  There is no quick fix now, we are stuck here for a while if Bruce stays.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The table shows we aren't in the playoffs. 

We all had a good laugh at those clowns down the road when they sacked Rowett when he had the team picking up lots of points and were right of the edge of the playoffs... yet people still want to “twist” with our club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Rower was over achieving, Bruce is under achieving. Big difference.

In your opinion... it’s not a science. Bruce has done FAR better than the recent shite we’ve had in charge. He has the recent form plus the CV to suggest he is the man for the job. Still people are obsessed with changing. Look at the squad, it’s is a championship squad of players bought from the Championship. When people realise that their expectations will adjust accordingly.

Although disappointed with last night I feel we are in the mix only a point off the play offs and 5 off the top 2 .

The reaction against Fulham and blues is now key - win those 2 and we will be in the top 4 and in a decent position ; I hope last night was just a bad day at the office but if we fail to beat Fulham or blues then we will slip away again and it will hugely demoralising .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

In your opinion... it’s not a science. Bruce has done FAR better than the recent shite we’ve had in charge. He has the recent form plus the CV to suggest he is the man for the job. Still people are obsessed with changing. Look at the squad, it’s is a championship squad of players bought from the Championship. When people realise that their expectations will adjust accordingly.

I think there was a good case for getting rid of him after the boro games - however he’s done enough to earn more time since then and it’s down to him to get the team to kick on again now with another run of results - last night is gone ; we must kick on against Fulham 

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was doing a great job on tiny resources, Bruce is doing a very poor job on massive resources.

Very poor job? We over paid on some Championship players through a combination of Xia’s naivety and desperation, that’s not Bruce’s fault is it. 

Just now, Genie said:

Very poor job? We over paid on some Championship players through a combination of Xia’s naivety and desperation, that’s not Bruce’s fault is it. 

Yes very poor, terrible finish last season and consistently outside of the play offs this season, given resources made available, this is indeed a very poor job.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Obviously in my opinion. Do we really need to state that in every post? Do I need to respond to your post saying “in your opinion” because that is all the above is.

I don’t think people are obsessed with change I think people just see the limitations of Bruce and want better from our team.

As for a team full of championship players bought from rhe championship, well that simply isn’t true. In fact it’s utter rubbish.

As for adjusting expectations, no. My expectation is that we challenge for promotion that is the minimum expectations. So far under Bruce we’ve shown little sign of doing that, he is under performing which is why people are on his back.

But we are challenging for promotion so I’m not sure what your problem is? 12 games in and we’re on a very strong position. Lost 3 out of 12 is on a par (or better) than the teams who finished top 6 last year.

Edited by Genie

Last seasons chapions lost 10 games, 2nd place 9, 3rd and 4th 13 losses and Huddersfield now doing nicely in the premier league lost 15!! 

Did they call for the managers head after every loss (or win for that matter)?

On 27/09/2017 at 20:00, sidcow said:

It's nowhere near time for humble pie. 

Win against Bolton and I might start rummaging in the fridge. 

Beat Wolves and the oven will be on. This run is going to have to continue for sometime yet though before I am munching away, we have been that bad. 

My heart is hoping for a smothering of ketchup with a side order of chips off Bruce's shoulder. 

My head says the pie will be on the side cooling wrapped in tinfoil by Christmas. 

Slams the fridge door shut and instead reaches for another shit sandwich. 

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Has he really? Is he really any better than RDM or Garde-  I can't see that he is- he's definitely not better than Lambert who actually kept this club in the Prem on a shoestring.

Quite frankly he is yesterday's man and has no plan B or ability to change things mid -game imo. All I keep hearing is 4 promotions - this means nothing at all now- right now we look a million miles off promotion and last nights horror show just highlights the gap between us and the current top teams in the division.

if he stays we'll be having the same conversations this time next season again imo 

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

We all had a good laugh at those clowns down the road when they sacked Rowett when he had the team picking up lots of points and were right of the edge of the playoffs... yet people still want to “twist” with our club.

Well he was massively overachieving. Our manager is once again failing to meet any targets set for him. 

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

Fan expectation seems to match those of the owner and the CEO. Is everyone wrong? Does everyone need to lower their expectations so Steve Bruce can be left alone?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â