Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, privateer said:

That's the thing now, isn't it? His time here has brutally exposed him in a very high profile way.

He's had all the advantages of being at a club with world class facilities, a regular battalion of coaching and support staff - both at subordinate and co-operative level, huge financial clout to buy and loan his choice of players and time - real chronological time, not Brucetime.

And he failed so how many clubs can offer the same who will be willing to take the risk?

Worse still, he's shown his coaching skills and tactics aren't worth shit. So who will be will to entrust their aspirations to him. Who will believe he can work magic with limited funds when he has demonstrated a talent only for making pig's ears out of silk purses?

Good post - football is a strange industry where failure is often instantly rewarded with a new job - I make you right on everything you say - Bruce will work again, but the clock is very much ticking on the likes of him, moyes, Hughes, allardyce, lambert  all of these guys have so many recent failures on their cv's and can no longer dine at the top table.

Modern day football has caught up and overtaken these guys and a few more. Lambert is the one who surprises me the most - at Norwich he showed himself to be a modern forward thinking coach. He's the one out of this lot that possibly could reinvent - As For Bruce he's had his shot at a big club - don't think he will get another chance.

I see this thread is still going strong. Bruce had many flaws but no way is he as incompetent as his remaining months at Villa suggested. 

In my opinion from the Villa turmoil in the summer all way to the takeover his number one intention was to get sacked. There’s no other explanation for leaving such an unbalanced squad. 

A little bird told me the plan was named Mission Pina Colada. It was a success.  Bruce can be seen relaxing on a beach near you.

As for him getting another job in this league. Probably.  There’s always some mug owners out there that will fall for his spin and past successes.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I see this thread is still going strong. Bruce had many flaws but no way is he as incompetent as his remaining months at Villa suggested. 

In my opinion from the Villa turmoil in the summer all way to the takeover his number one intention was to get sacked. There’s no other explanation for leaving such an unbalanced squad. 

A little bird told me the plan was named Mission Pina Colada. It was a success.  Bruce can be seen relaxing on a beach near you.

As for him getting another job in this league. Probably.  There’s always some mug owners out there that will fall for his spin and past successes.

In all seriousness I think you're not far off.  Perhaps not about deliberately sabotaging our season with the signings, but I wouldn't be surprised if he'd mentally prepared himself for leaving in the summer and having a nice long golfing holiday, only for NSWE to scupper it.

On 14/10/2018 at 17:14, sidcow said:

Just caught up with football focus because they had a section about Deadly.  Afterwards they talked about us sacking Bruce and the female pundit (no idea who she was) said she'd seen us several times this year and felt she couldn't identify  what our identity and style was, players unsure what to do.  Andy Goal just said Steve Bruce was really close to getting it all right. 

So basically she actually knew what she was talking about and the ex Premier League player hadn't a Scrooby. 

Just popped in to see what's gwarn'n...see the thread's still going strong but i must say, i thoroughly agree with the bolded bit...the lady pundits really impressed me in the world cup as they feel like they have something to prove, so actually do a few mins of research. andy cole just saw that we made it to the playoff final so must have been close to getting it right.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Just popped in to see what's gwarn'n...see the thread's still going strong but i must say, i thoroughly agree with the bolded bit...the lady pundits really impressed me in the world cup as they feel like they have something to prove, so actually do a few mins of research. andy cole just saw that we made it to the playoff final so must have been close to getting it right.

Plus, Andy Cole is a grade A moron anyway.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Haha 1

Now that we are out of the midst of his madness and we can look at his decisions with a sense of calm and rational....the less they make sense.

He has to have been trying to get the sack, there is no other reasoning. Even if we forget tactics, training, and coaching. You put 11 players in sensible positions you will win more than you lose with this team.

He has to have been trying to get sacked. Either that, or he has gone senial.

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He will have time out, and rightly so. When he feels like it’s the right time, he will be back at it, and rightly so again. He’s a football man, and a manager, it’s what he does. He will never get a job as big as the one he had at villa, but there will be plenty of clubs lining up for him, if there was a vacancy. Wherever he goes, I wish him well.

He will get another job - but much like Moyes/Allardyce/Hughes his stock is falling and he has to do well in his next post or he is staring at a football abyss imo.

i used. To think of him as a decent guy and i'm disappointed that I'm no longer sure - given some of the things posted on here re: his conduct in the summer along with Hogans claims that Bruce spoke to him about fulfilling a role and then promptly went and  bought a striker.

so all in all I'm glad we have Dean smith ??

I too wish  Steve Bruce well....genuinely believe he enjoyed being our manager, until things started to move away from him.

its the past now and looking forward to new things, new style, new approach.

I hope we all remain dignified in our regards of the past and his tenure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2018 at 11:41, Villan4Life said:

Wouldn't be suprised to see Bruce rock up at Stoke if they sacked Rowett.

Fans are already turning on Rowett there and i have seen some Stoke fans suggest they would like see Bruce in charge :D

WBA.....bet ya.

Â