Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I know players who hated Ron Saunders........it happens.

its all history, now.

Are you comparing Saunders to Bruce. Them players have medals now because of Saunders. 

What does Richie De Laet or Kenny Cunningham have from Bruce 🤔 Cunningham made similar criticisms of Bruce in 2006

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

@TRO you could just click the unfollow button so it doesn’t give you a notification whenever someone posts in here rather than insisting the thread is closed.

Edit - just saw you already said you’ll give the thread a miss

Thanks sam.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Are you comparing Saunders to Bruce. Them players have medals now because of Saunders. 

What does Richie De Laet or Kenny Cunningham have from Bruce 🤔 Cunningham made similar criticisms of Bruce in 2006

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

No....and you know l'm not, comparing the managers, not sure how you managed to deduce that, it was an example of the best having similar issues.

I am saying some players had issues with Saunders, the best manager we ever had....so it's irrelevant.

Every manager has their disagreeing elements.

so what?

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Well it was associated, I guess if he found a quote praising him, he would not have posted it so its a moot point.

However, I think you are right, its not a thread for me,its too biased, so I will give it a miss and let those who wallow in the bashing, can do so in peace.

Well you gave the thread a miss for a good 4.5 hours ;)

I get it, you keep coming back here just like we do. Old habits die hard.

• Haha 2

De Laet comment is gold. Bang on what it looked like was happening at Villa when he was here stinking the place out. No coaching, no plan.

He suits low expectations and bad teams so he can sit back and focus on ruining every match and pinching goals/points.

The luckiest man in football with an approach like that. Villa fans still getting the hump with criticism of him is almost as funny and unjust as Newcastle's points tally this season.

• Like 4

He's doing a good job there. But I have a suspicion that he's riding the wave of the foundation laid by and coaching done by Rafa Benitez. And a huge amount of luck. 

Edited by Skruff

12 minutes ago, Skruff said:

He's doing a good job there. But I have a suspicion that he's riding the wave of the foundation laid by and coaching done by Rafa Benitez. And a huge amount of luck. 

It's what he's always done at Premier League level.

He's doing an ok job keeping a shit team above the relegation zone playing shite football.

It gets people's backs up because they don't like him and his football is so shit and unsustainable. But he's effective at what he does.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sne said:

Well you gave the thread a miss for a good 4.5 hours ;)

I get it, you keep coming back here just like we do. Old habits die hard.

No I'm done now.....just wanted to answer the ridiculous question, was I comparing Steve Bruce with Ron Saunders?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

De Laet comment is gold. Bang on what it looked like was happening at Villa when he was here stinking the place out. No coaching, no plan.

He suits low expectations and bad teams so he can sit back and focus on ruining every match and pinching goals/points.

The luckiest man in football with an approach like that. Villa fans still getting the hump with criticism of him is almost as funny and unjust as Newcastle's points tally this season.

Player slagging of a manager that binned him off shocker 😂

Remember when Martin O'Neil left and Curtis Davies came out how nice it was that he'd gone because now he'd get a fair chance but the 1st thing Houllier did was get rid of him that was comedy gold. 

What isn't a shock is your comment all the players Bruce brought / managed for us and 1 says bad things about Bruce and you are all over it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

De Laet can say whatever he wants.

Fact is he's kept a piss poor side mid table. A team Benitez did the same with.

FTFY

He's doing really well at Newcastle points wise and if they can finish the season anywhere close to how Benitez had them finish last season they'll have had a fantastic season.

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

No I'm done now.....just wanted to answer the ridiculous question, was I comparing Steve Bruce with Ron Saunders?

I thought it was fairly clear you weren't comparing them.

In fact the difference between their ability/achievement was the entire point

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Fact is he's taken a piss poor side mid table. A team even Benitez struggled with.

Rafa's Newcastle in the PL:
Won - 27
Drew - 21
Lost - 38
Goals for:Against - 97:107
Points per game - 1.19

Bruce's Newcastle in the PL
Won - 8
Drew - 7
Lost - 10
Goals for:against - 24:36
Points per game - 1.24