Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Your constant questioning of "why should we accept relegation" made me smirk when you defended Bruce's failings at almost every turn in the division below.

You know we are in the Premier League? That's more difficult than the Championship. Bruce served up terrible football and results at times when we were the "big" team. We were the Man City/Leicester being outplayed by the little boys. Something you just refused to see time and time again, blaming the players. Then Smith came in and got us promoted with those players.

If we had Bruce in this league I suspect his reputation would probably be better than it is around B6. He's a backs to the wall manager who puts everyone behind the ball, hoping to get results. Fine in the PL, where opponents can rip you to shreds, not in the Championship.

I'll just wait for you to bring up wins over Wolves and Bristol City before we start the circle again.

easy tiger......The man city of the championship, give me a break....hyperbole or what.

No, I will bring up the 24 wins, instead, thanks.....Listen if you follow my posts as much as you maintain....you will have noticed I have said on many occasions that i was miffed with his spectacle of football, right now, i would trade a bit of containment for spectacle.I defended him against posters unfair vitriol imo, not defended his football, there is a difference, if you care to look,for it.....His football frustrated me as much as many of his critiques, but after the debacle of RDM where we were in a similar situation as to now.....I was reluctant to criticise his performance of 24 wins in a season......his next 11 games was different, it was inevitable, he had to go.

I hope I have been able to explain my stance, even if you don't agree......as opposed to the invented one of me unconditionally defending him at ever juncture, that is fiction.

I was merely answering a comment by de laet about his coaching being outdated which a poster chose to highlight......and I say again, what would de laet make of this debacle every league game?

Not saying Bruce is a good coach......just saying he knows how, not to get beat willy nilly.

Have you ever thought, I just don't agree with you on this.....and you don't have to wait for anything, i am quite capable of building my own defence of someones character, without being prompted.

Personally....I would not have chosen Steve Bruce or Dean Smith.....but both had to be given a chance, once they was appointed.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, momo said:

Bring Bruce back for the remainder of our games :)

are you playing to the gallery.?.....or just trying to boost your "like" content.?

some folk just know how to attract agreement😀

4 hours ago, TRO said:

A bit rich, in what we are experiencing now.

what would have said about this lot?

2 pages back you said you wont post in this thread, now our manager is getting sacked you return to it.

Bizarre

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2 pages back you said you wont post in this thread, now our manager is getting sacked you return to it.

Bizarre

Our manager is not getting sacked....is that another invention.

but don't you ever change your mind? its one of lifes privileges....confined to just about every human being.

what a desperate attempt to be critical.😀

4 hours ago, TRO said:

are you playing to the gallery.?.....or just trying to boost your "like" content.?

some folk just know how to attract agreement😀

I feel he did an adequate job at Villa.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, momo said:

I feel he did an adequate job at Villa.

haha are you trying draw me in.

He didn't deserve some of the criticism he got, for sure.....but his last season was a bit meh.the one before with 24 wins was more than adequate.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

He didn't deserve some of the criticism he got, for sure.....but his last season was a bit meh.the one before with 24 wins was more than adequate.

No it wasn't. 

He was given the resources to gain promotion and he failed. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

No it wasn't. 

He was given the resources to gain promotion and he failed. 

I think that is why the rating of adequate.

Came in when we were on the slide and in a mess, got us very close to promotion but not quite over the line. All things considered i’d agree with adequate.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree that Smith didn't have that much time to build a new team last summer, but Bruce practically just had days to get in players the summer before. So a lot of the criticism was and is stupid.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think that is why the rating of adequate.

Came in when we were on the slide and in a mess, got us very close to promotion but not quite over the line. All things considered i’d agree with adequate.

You ignore how he left us. 

Left us in a similar state to how he found us. Built nothing sustainable and failed to get us up. All while playing a brand of football that was unwatchable at times. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You ignore how he left us. 

Left us in a similar state to how he found us. Built nothing sustainable and failed to get us up. All while playing a brand of football that was unwatchable at times. 

And you ignore the fact that the club was practically bankrupt until late in the transfer window when the new owners came in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, momo said:

And you ignore the fact that the club was practically bankrupt until late in the transfer window when the new owners came in.

We ended up recalling 2 players in january that he sent out on loan. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, momo said:

Owners came in July. We had about a month and a half left in the transfer window.

In that time we had no problems signing Abraham, El Ghazi and Bolasie (!). Not to mention he sent Elphick out on loan despite him playing and starting (and scoring) in the first game of the season.

• Like 1

We also signed McGinn that summer as well, we didn't know he was going to turn out as good as he was, but he was still highly rated, I think he'd won one of the Scottish player of the season awards and was being chased by Celtic and other clubs in England. And also kept Grealish when it looked almost certain that he was going to leave for Tottenham.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, useless said:

We also signed McGinn that summer as well, we didn't know he was going to turn out as good as he was, but he was still highly rated, I think he'd won one of the Scottish player of the season awards and was being chased by Celtic and other clubs in England. And also kept Grealish when it looked almost certain that he was going to leave for Tottenham.

Im sure some ITK said Grealish wanted to stay but Bruce was pushing him to a transfer

13 hours ago, DCJonah said:

We ended up recalling 2 players in january that he sent out on loan. 

And? Smith brought in Drinkwater this January...Sometimes they get decisions right, sometimes they don't

4 minutes ago, momo said:

And? Smith brought in Drinkwater this January...Sometimes they get decisions right, sometimes they don't

Sending 1 of your only 2 senior centre backs on loan. The other centre back has practically had a year of his career ruined

That was criminal

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sending 1 of your only 2 senior centre backs on loan. The other centre back has practically had a year of his career ruined

That was criminal

I can only guess like you.....Elphick had just demonstrated a collection of errors prior to him leaving and Bruce may have made his mind up abour replacing him and then the financial rug was pulled.

we don't know all the full circumstances of the timings, which can seem more feasible, when its declared.....I prefer to think that Steve Bruce is no more dumb yo start a season without centre backs any more than Dean was dumb to start a season short of strikers.

If we knew the facts.....it might look a little different.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can only guess like you.....Elphick had just demonstrated a collection of errors prior to him leaving and Bruce may have made his mind up abour replacing him and then the financial rug was pulled.

we don't know all the full circumstances of the timings, which can seem more feasible, when its declared.....I prefer to think that Steve Bruce is no more dumb yo start a season without centre backs any more than Dean was dumb to start a season short of strikers.

If we knew the facts.....it might look a little different.

Still not acceptable, even with Elphick we were light at the back. It was shit management by a clearing in the woods

As for the financial rug, I am sure Elphick was shipped out and replaced same time by Tammy and Bolasie

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Still not acceptable, even with Elphick we were light at the back. It was shit management by a clearing in the woods

As for the financial rug, I am sure Elphick was shipped out and replaced same time by Tammy and Bolasie

Lets agree to disagree.

Â