Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Stuartc445 said:

So just because I'm not blinded by the hate of Bruce means I'm his son, 2 words pal Grow Up. 

Look I understand it must be hard to take seeing Bruce managing to get results against teams we can only dream about getting. The realisation that he will be finishing above your beloved Deano must be very hard to take and it's forcing you to be very childish.  I'd strongly recommend you see professional help because it's not healthy for a grown man to act the way you do. 

you're a Brave man....its like leavers v remainers.....its a monologue.

If you see some good in Bruce, even though you may have some reservations too.....that means you are anti-Smith....its an automatic default with some.

it is funny.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

you're a Brave man....its like leavers v remainers.....its a monologue.

If you see some good in Bruce, even though you may have some reservations too.....that means you are anti-Smith....its an automatic default with some.

it is funny.

Although what he actually claimed was Smith gets no criticism whereas Bruce got loads which is patently wrong!

He didn’t actually say anything positive about Bruce in any of the posts...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

Say what you like everyone can see it.

Go on about context hahaha how about this for context Bruce neglected our defence last season gets constant abuse for it, Smith does the same with our attack this season gets nothing. But keep denying it and using words like context. 

Going into the season with 3 senior strikers, in a position that only starts 1 vs going into the season with 1 senior recognized CB in a position that requires a minimum of 2 to start. These are exactly the same thing. Context doesn't exist. I am very smart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

So just because I'm not blinded by the hate of Bruce means I'm his son, 2 words pal Grow Up. 

Look I understand it must be hard to take seeing Bruce managing to get results against teams we can only dream about getting. The realisation that he will be finishing above your beloved Deano must be very hard to take and it's forcing you to be very childish.  I'd strongly recommend you see professional help because it's not healthy for a grown man to act the way you do. 

WTF is this? These words are unstable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't really understand the sport of Bruce bashing.....He is what he is.

its all history now, he has moved on and so should we.

Dean Smith is our manager and thats where our focus should be.

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

So close it.....instead of creating an effigy.😒

Any more Other Football or Off Topic threads you'd like closed? If you don't want to read about it, don't open it.
If there is Steve Bruce "bashing" in a thread other than this one or the Newcastle one (while he's manager) then fair enough, you have a point, but I can't see the problem with people discussing him in the relevant places. Besides @Zatman wasn't "bashing", if that's who you were referring to (which seems like a reasonable assumption since your post directly follows his), he literally just shared a quote from Richie De Laet, who was "bashing" Bruce.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Any more Other Football or Off Topic threads you'd like closed? If you don't want to read about it, don't open it.
If there is Steve Bruce "bashing" in a thread other than this one or the Newcastle one (while he's manager) then fair enough, you have a point, but I can't see the problem with people discussing him in the relevant places. Besides @Zatman wasn't "bashing", if that's who you were referring to (which seems like a reasonable assumption since your post directly follows his), he literally just shared a quote from Richie De Laet, who was "bashing" Bruce.

Well it was associated, I guess if he found a quote praising him, he would not have posted it so its a moot point.

However, I think you are right, its not a thread for me,its too biased, so I will give it a miss and let those who wallow in the bashing, can do so in peace.

Think this article by Ben Machell in VICE on Bruce sums him up pretty much. It's a few years old but still spot on, and quite funny.

The Ballad of Steve Bruce: Premier League Punching Bag

Steve Bruce. You know Steve Bruce. He gets photoshopped into wedding ceremonies. He looks like a dinner lady who has enjoyed a decent MMA career. He speaks with the soft, insistent monotone of a Geordie hypnotist and yet, in over 700 managerial appearances, he has never persuaded a team to finish higher than tenth in the Premier League. He's part of English football's furniture, from freakishly prolific centre back – witness his 19 goals for Man U during the 1990/91 season – to jobbing manager for some of the country's least romantic clubs. So we're talking Birmingham. Wigan. Sunderland. Hull. Clubs that trip you up in quizzes and get relegated without you noticing. Clubs prepared to give a man a chance on the promise that his players will "put themselves about" and that he will never fail to instinctively mime a header from the technical area every time his team swing in a ball into the box. To hire Steve Bruce is to admit that football is tough and life isn't perfect. And that's about it.

Or is it? Because while the case against Bruce as suet-brained tactical dinosaur and over-promoted Peter Principle exponent is a familiar one, it's also a case I suspect is mostly peddled by tiki-taka fanboys who show-off about attending non-league football and wear T-shirts with that Albert Camus quote about being a goalie on the back. And I **** hate those guys. Besides, I have a good mate who is a Hull City fan and he thinks Steve Bruce is the man. And not just as a manger – with a Premier League promotion and FA Cup final for the Yorkshire club under his belt – but also as a guy. And the more time I've spent talking to my mate, the more I've been thinking, shit... what if he's right?

The first thing that's worth acknowledging is that, yeah, there's no getting around it, Bruce is an old-fashioned English football manager. He is an old-fashioned guy with old-fashioned values, on and off the pitch. When earlier this season QPR's Joey Barton got sent off for striking Hull's Tom Huddlestone in the groin, Bruce cut through the surrounding hysteria with the wearily moral certainty of an Old Testament prophet. "You can't be punching people in the knackers, can you?" It could have been carved in a stone tablet. There was literally nothing left to say.

Until very recently, he admits, he didn't know how to send an email. "I've been accused of being a dinosaur because I don't like the computer," he has said, and there's something about the way he says "the computer" that makes you think he's talking about the invention rather than the 16-year-old desktop gathering dust in his spare room. He wears outdated cliches like a comfy, XXL fleece. So he's keen on his players showing "bottle". He doesn't want them to be taken for "mugs". When it comes to transfer dealings, he will coyly admit to having "irons in the fire". The more urbane football fan might roll their eyes, but let me float this by you: so **** what? He may sound dated, but he gets results. Maybe not amazing results. Maybe not even quite good results. But still, he knows what he's about and sticks to it, and more often than not the results are sort of OK.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/5gekyz/the-passion-of-steve-bruce-436

Full article in link

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

I mean, we all know that Yorkie would do anything to be relevant again, but playing for Steve Bruce? At Newcastle?

He  would probably sign for them and then  try and stitch Steve up to bag the Manager's job @TheStagMan

Then go to newspapers about how much he loves club etc etc etc and how  much he want's the manager job!

Edited by Villan4Life

@TRO you could just click the unfollow button so it doesn’t give you a notification whenever someone posts in here rather than insisting the thread is closed.

Edit - just saw you already said you’ll give the thread a miss

Edited by Sam-AVFC

Â