Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I agree. He had done it deliberately but I don't think it is because he wants the sack. I think he is trying to prove we need JT / Huth so has made the defence weak to force the owners hand. Big gamble as he could get sacked before he has the chance to sign anyone. 

I totally think the same mate - let’s hope it costs him his job and fast .

He said himself he asked about  JT and the new owners said no as they wanted a younger outlook to signIngs 

Edited by Eastie

Bruce I usually say I'm in support for, however I think I myself am starting to shift my support in favour of a new manager.

Up till half time we have had most of the possession, I'm struggling to understand how we are leaking goals when we control the possession.

No matter the defeat today, we look like complete utter fools on the pitch. We have a team that should be tearing up teams. Although the championship has got well drilled teams who have been doing it for some time now, we still should be playing better than this and coming out with better results.

Steve needs to sort this mess out and quickly and not because I'm thinking of his job on the line, but because we had a second chance at things, to bounce back from the brink of our destruction. If this season doesn't work out we are done for keeping what players we have managed to keep, let alone be competition for even the championship

So yeah I think after every game and what Bruce keeps on saying about how much better we will be, even I think it's time to let bruce go. Not saying he isn't trying but what ever he is trying just isn't working. We need a fully fledged attacking manager who can make what we have work and make it work fast.

Usually if a manager starts like this, it's very tough for them to change things for the better. We needed todays result, even if it was to say we are improving, it's not happened..

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The new guys gave him an opportunity, he has let them down spectacularly. 

I said this on the day of his meeting with the new owners that they were giving him a chance and he has failed.  He was given enough rope and he has hung himself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I smell a rat here.....something, don't sit right to me.

I think he will be gone soon, one way or another.

I'm starting to think the attempted shipping out of Adomah was another way to sh*t on the carpet. I can only think he took badly to having his power chipped away and having agents suggest players. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think Bruce is this nice guy that many seem to think he is. He will be sitting on that beach soon wearing his Birmingham City swimming trunks with a big smile on his face. 

#agentbruce

I honestly don't know what he is now. He's changed, and I'm probably wrong to say it's some destructive plan, but under Tony and Steve Round his face was the right fit. With the new owners, it's not, and he's reacted almost in an insecure way, trying to be something he is not. Just don't know where his head is at. Might be as simple as that. 

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Literally me with every team we face

I'm the opposite, I know a lot of the players, and I know how shite they are and how much of a journeyman nothing footballer they are.

Then I know how easy it is to make a nobody play football against a Villa side.

It's 1:32AM here and I'm following a miserable Villa outing after what was a splendid evening of watching my friends and former teammates win a professional basketball grand final. I chose to come home and follow Villa instead of celebrate with them.

All I really had to add to the discussion is Jokanovic had quotas for players to reach at every training session with a view to obtain specific targets in the campaign last season. They not only achieved promotion but boasted the highest average possession, most completed passes, most short passes and second highest shots on target (that's just what I remember off the top of my head). The drills the ran at training were all designed to obtain these targets. I would love to witness a Villa training session and pick Bruce's brain as to it's purpose.

Bielsa just wrote a summary of the formations and tactics used for every championship team in 2017/18's season in order to get his job at Leeds.

I want our next manager to display this level of competence to our board before we make our next selection. Even if it's Rodgers or Benitez in the interview room.

I want it to be understood from top to bottom how we go about getting back on our feet. For me, short term that means out of this league and into the Premier League, long term it means European competitions.

In saying all this, I'm not even necessarily in the Bruce-out camp. I would love it if he gave me confidence in my football team. And I will in all probability follow nearly every game again this season regardless of who's in charge.

Â