Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I honestly don't care for hearing Bruce talk anymore..... Clichéd bollocks, with a big spoonful of disdain for fans. 

Once you start naming the fans as part of the problem you have past the point of no return. 

Who pays your wages Bruce?

• Like 3

He has some neck trying to turn it back on the fans. He's a desperate man now. 7 points from 7 games is a disgrace, let's call a spade a spade. If i was heckingbottom id be telling barnsley start fast. Villa are shot on the confidence front under bruce and we fold quite easily.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I honestly don't care for hearing Bruce talk anymore..... Clichéd bollocks, with a big spoonful of disdain for fans. 

Once you start naming the fans as part of the problem you have past the point of no return. 

Who pays your wages Bruce?

He said the fans were good against Middlesbrough. He is having a dig at the social media culture and phone-ins, why should Bruce have to put up with being labelled a dinosaur or potato? He doesn't deserve personal abuse like this, judge him on results and performances.

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

He said the fans were good against Middlesbrough. He is having a dig at the social media culture and phone-ins, why should Bruce have to put up with being labelled a dinosaur or potato? He doesn't deserve personal abuse like this, judge him on results and performances.

I'm sure you know that the "Dinosaur" refers to his Footballing Management/Tactical ability, and not short arms, a tail, or wings. The potato thing is something which has been said for years in jest.

I don't see anything wrong with "Dinosaur" comments.

Would you be more comfortable with Draconian? Vintage? Antique? Stale? Aged? Spoilt?Curdled?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Hang on you're taking the worst comments said about him to defend him. The vast majority of social media and phone ins just don't want him here.

I don't think its personal abuse either to call him a dinosaur or a potato, it might not be very nice but personal abuse is hyperbole. 

Ive been coaching sport for over ten years and I've been called worse and at times thought it was pretty funny. 

If Bruce is that sensitive then it's another reason for me to think he isn't up to the job.

Judge him on results and performances? Ok results - not good enough, performances - too inconsistent. 

Bruce OUT

Edited by Villan_of_oz
I've been called foghorn leghorn before because I don't shutup when I'm coaching, I'd never thought of it as abuse though.

12 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Hang on you're taking the worst comments said about him to defend him. The vast majority of social media and phone ins just don't want him here.

I don't think its personal abuse either to call him a dinosaur or a potato, it might not be very nice but personal abuse is hyperbole. 

Ive been coaching sport for over ten years and I've been called worse and at times thought it was pretty funny. 

If Bruce is that sensitive then it's another reason for me to think he isn't up to the job.

Judge him on results and performances? Ok results - not good enough, performances - too inconsistent. 

Bruce OUT

Bruce has received a lot worse at grounds over the last 40 years I think, but he is responding to personal crap like the above. Everybody has emotional outbursts during games, but social media and phone-ins go too far IMO - people do lurch from crisis to crisis on social media/forums - I agree with Bruce about the hysteria. There was talk of buying inflatable dinosaurs on twitter, I mean come on! What next - supporting the opposition? Oh wait.....

Bruce has every right to defend himself against this type of personal abuse, I hope it gives him added motivation to prove people like that wrong. 

52 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm sure you know that the "Dinosaur" refers to his Footballing Management/Tactical ability, and not short arms, a tail, or wings. The potato thing is something which has been said for years in jest.

Would you be more comfortable with Draconian? Vintage? Antique? Stale? Aged? Spoilt?Curdled?

I hate to be that guy( actually everyone loves being a smart-arse) but draconian doesn't really fit , it means unnecessarily cruel  

6 minutes ago, Infinte_Pest said:

I hate to be that guy( actually everyone loves being a smart-arse) but draconian doesn't really fit , it means unnecessarily cruel  

Having to watch Steve Bruce's shit football is Draconian

Edited by Phumfeinz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Infinte_Pest said:

Then Draconian does fit, its unnecessarily cruel to make us watch that dire garbage week in week out (oh I do love being a smart-arse)

3 hours ago, mykeyb said:

He is fearing the sack with good reason.

I don't think he is fearing the sack considering the content of his latest interviews. He is however fearing the damage done to his reputation hence the amount of excuses to the media before the axe falls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think Shit would suffice, and covers the situation nicely

37 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Bruce has received a lot worse at grounds over the last 40 years I think, but he is responding to personal crap like the above. Everybody has emotional outbursts during games, but social media and phone-ins go too far IMO - people do lurch from crisis to crisis on social media/forums - I agree with Bruce about the hysteria. There was talk of buying inflatable dinosaurs on twitter, I mean come on! What next - supporting the opposition? Oh wait.....

Bruce has every right to defend himself against this type of personal abuse, I hope it gives him added motivation to prove people like that wrong. 

Unfortunately not the added skills, talent or ability to do so.

36 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

This is a fantastic idea

4 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

His results and performances are dog shit.

Dinosaur is putting it politely.

Â