Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

If we assume that if making the playoffs from our current position is a success. What will be considered a failure?

If we finish below 10th I think the DR. has to look at things and decide what he does with Bruce next.

UTV

ANything less than promotion constitutes failure surely? For me I dont expect it but so many people say they want to go up this year and he is the man to do it and when we do get up he will be gone anyway as he is only appointed to get us up so whatever happens next summer he will be gone either we go up or dont

19 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

A totally uninspiring appointment. It's a SAD SAD day when we believe our best option is a Blue nose reject. How often have you ever said to yourself 'I wish we played football like a Steve Bruce' team. Answer: Never.

UTV

I might not have wished for Bruce, but I've regularly wished we could play football in the past five years. Not pretty football, ugly football or any other flavour of football, just you know, basic football played by people who have made it their 'profession'. I think Bruce will make us play like an actual professional team, which will be a good start. 

This is the start of the climb back and I for one think we will look back and be grateful to Bruce in a few years. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

I know the whole thing is ridiculous. This website is a place on the internet, so posting an opinion of him, his merits, faults, predictions as to what or how he might do are nothing to do with "getting behind him" or "supporting" him, or "not supporting " him.

It's posting a point of view on the internet. That's all it is.

The whole "get behind him or **** off" directed at posters is utterly bonkers, and no one can or has ben able to explain what it means, other than a vague implication that I've drawn that it essentially boils down to (an understandable, perhaps) "I don't want to see posts which are critical of him at this particular time/ I only want people to show a positive outlook in their posts about him, at the moment".

That's fine as a view - everybody likes to be happy and optimistic and hopeful and no one likes a misery-arse, especially at a time of a new appointment. That to me would be the honest thing to say; a kind of "can't we at least be happy right now?" - I take issue though with what came across as an attempt to tell people not to post anything dissenting from him being the best choice under the circs, or as a different view to him being likely to succeed.

I agree with everything in your post apart from fans that say he will fail because they don't like him. Surely if you think he will fail you have to back it up with something better than your personal opinion of him? Almost comes across like you want him to fail. 

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

ANything less than promotion constitutes failure surely? For me I dont expect it but so many people say they want to go up this year and he is the man to do it and when we do get up he will be gone anyway as he is only appointed to get us up so whatever happens next summer he will be gone either we go up or dont

We're 19th. I would say anything less than promotion form over the remainder of the season could be seen as a failure.

To quantify, that's requires finishing within 10pts of the playoffs.

Edited by Villastine

Â