Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

33 minutes ago, Richard said:

Cheers,  I'll take the last 15 years experience of Steve bruce then to prove to me why I shouldnt "get behind him"

You'll take the experience of him getting promoted to decide not to back him in getting promoted? That seems strange. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You'll take the experience of him getting promoted to decide not to back him in getting promoted? That seems strange. 

but apart from getting promoted over and over again, what has Steve Bruce ever done?

• Like 1

I don't know Steve Bruce well enough to justify liking or disliking him, but even if I did dislike him, I wouldn't use it as an excuse for not wanting him to be our manager. For example, I don't particularly like Lewis Hamilton because of his prima donna and sometimes child like behaviour, yet I still recognise his track record for improving teams results and I'd still back him driving for my team.

So who will be the first to post something about what we can expect from Bruce when it comes to actual approach, tactics, formations, player preferences, what we can expect from him considering our current squad and so on.

You know, the things that actually matters...

Anyone with actual insight more then what can be gained from Wikipedia?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

So who will be the first to post something about what we can expect from Bruce when it comes to actual approach, tactics, formations, player preferences, what we can expect from him considering our current squad and so on.

I think I'll just wait and see, starting, but by no means finishing, on Saturday ( evening :angry: ).

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I think at Birmingham he was a 4-4-2 man, at Sunderland he liked the 4-5-1 with Bent and at Hull he seemed to employ the 5-3-1-1 system? So at no point did he play 4-1-5. So that's progress.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Richard said:

No no no.  People are justifying his appointment by his career to date ,  what he has done to date.  If that can be used for justification it can also be used for judgement

How else would you justify it, apart from looking at what he's done up to this point? Surely thats what we'd do with any candidate? Judge his suitability on what's gone before? 

How else do you do it? What made you want Lambert back when he was appointed? Was it anything to do with what he did at Norwich? 

13 minutes ago, brommy said:

I don't know Steve Bruce well enough to justify liking or disliking him, but even if I did dislike him, I wouldn't use it as an excuse for not wanting him to be our manager. For example, I don't particularly like Lewis Hamilton because of his prima donna and sometimes child like behaviour, yet I still recognise his track record for improving teams results and I'd still back him driving for my team.

But only if you have the fastest car and the best computer in it.

29 minutes ago, blandy said:

I can only speak for myself, and yes, I am just thick.

So, being something of a retard, I had to ask, because I didn't understand what constituted the grounds for people saying essentially "get behind him or eff off" on this messageboard. For example, is hoping he does well as manager but not specifically saying it  on here a failure to "get behind him"? or is that OK? what exactly was Stefan (and others) complaining about or advocating I and other do? and what is it that I'm not supposed to do if I want to remain in the correct aspect with regard to Spudface, sorry, his excellency?

Can I say that I've never liked the bloke? is that a bad thing? or have I to put aside my dislike of him and type something such as "Potato head is glorious" every third post? and at what point am I allowed to stop?

What are the rules of this get behind him regime? Is it going to involve little models of him, it is isn't it? I can see the way it's going. Tiny little potato head figurines and sort of altars of King Edwardy worship.

Good luck spudface.

And you are a mod ffs.

Â