Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Uninspiring appointment.

However it's more of a realistic reflection of our current status as Championship strugglers than a damning reflection on our Chairman / recruiting process,

He is literally the best we can hope for in our current situation. 

Edited by pas5898

Has all this got to do with the fact that he was at SHA ONCE ?

Can anyone that dosent want Bruce tell me how many managers there are in any division that are managing the club they played for/supported/ ? In other words the fact he was at SHA means nothing at all/zilch/zero/naught.He is at Villa now and I am sure he will do the best he can.Thats his job. 

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

eh with the budget he is about to receive I would compare that to his Sunderland days

yes he got an average Hull side promoted yet spent their record budget in Premier League and got them relegated. who made them average :detect:

We do not know what kind of budget he is going to receive so i think its abit early and unfair on him to speculate that at this stage. 

But then he got them promoted, if he didnt fair enough but he still took them up. Most managers have failures at a club, but he has had more success than failure in his career which for me is important factor 

Just now, Zatman said:

what has Premier League money got to do with it, maybe we spent more but it doesnt mean he didnt buy shit and got them relegated

Abel **** Hernandez as your record transfer :lol:

Premier League money has absolutely everything to do with it - you're trying to show Bruce up as having spent loads of money on garbage players, which simply isn't true.  Even with Hernandez, I don't particularly rate him, but he cost them £10m and has scored at a rate of 1 in 3.  That's not woeful by any stretch.

Darren Bent did the same for us, but cost £24m.  We spent £12m on Stewart Downing.  We spent £10m on Juan Pablo Angel who scored at roughly 1 in 4.

You're trying to find sticks to beat Bruce with that really aren't there.

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I was under the assumption were under a new promising era with Dr. Xia, This latest managerial appointment has me doubting this new era only 6 months in and our 2nd manager already.

I am still looking for the positives of this and yet to find them.

Here is the positive:

Steve Bruce has won promotion from the championship more times than any other manager, including twice in the last three seasons.

We want to get promoted from the championship.

We have hired Steve Bruce.

As Watford have demonstrated, sacking him immediately upon promotion is an option.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Our first manager in years that has actually achieved something and some of us are atill bitching.

You have my support Steve Bruce 110% 

So promotion to the premier league is bigger than winning the champions league now then is it?

58 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can you remind me what he achieved at Spurs ?

29 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No need. I am a Villa fan and couldn't give two **** about Spurs.  ;)

• Like 3

Just now, Villastine said:

Here is the positive:

Steve Bruce has won promotion from the championship more times than any other manager, including twice in the last three seasons.

We want to get promoted from the championship.

We have hired Steve Bruce.

As Watford have demonstrated, sacking him immediately upon promotion is an option.

I didn't realise Steve Bruce ever managed Watford?  :huh:

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Has all this got to do with the fact that he was at SHA ONCE ?

Can anyone that dosent want Bruce tell me how many managers there are in any division that are managing the club they played for/supported/ ? In other words the fact he was at SHA means nothing at all/zilch/zero/naught.He is at Villa now and I am sure he will do the best he can.Thats his job. 

Head. In. Sand.

It might not matter to you, and you know what, it probably doesn't matter to me either but do you really think the great thinkers of our time who sit in Holte will forget who he used to manage?

As I mentioned in another thread, lose a few games (including the big one on the 30th) and the atmosphere towards Bruce will be toxic. Maybe not as bad as it was towards Mcleish, but it will be bad.

We didn't need this. Even though we've had a poor start to the season, there is still a feel good factor around Xia and the club. If Bruce doesn't come out of the blocks quickly, that feel good factor will disappear and we're back to square one. 

I'll reluctantly get behind Bruce, as I would with any manager, but I think this is a gamble.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Nicely twisted BOF.. maybe re-edit and put my quotes in the order I said them!   ;)

Not twisted at all.  You asked a question about a club an hour ago.  When that club was mentioned to you half an hour ago you said you weren't interested in them.

I've re-ordered them for you, and you come out looking the same that way around too.

• Like 3

I'm not jumping up and down with glee at the Bruce appointment, but I'm certainly not too downbeat either. We needed a change and who were we realistically going to get?  I would have loved Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche, but would they have taken the drop?  I think not.  Whether we all get behind Bruce and/or the team remains to be seen.  I for one won't be moaning, booing or complaining until we see how this pans out.  Bruce won't manage another club as big as us that's for sure, so perhaps he wants to show one or two how good he can be?  Give him a chance at least folks. UTV

• Like 1

Â