Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I have seen a few comments saying he can get us promoted then we will replace him and push on in the Premier League. 

Remarkable.

If he somehow manages promotion from here he will have earned a run in the Premier League, we would not be sacking him unless he we had a disastrous start to the season. 

If he gets us promoted he will have earned his wages and no doubt a significant bonus. if we then sack him he will have earned a pay off.

If we get promoted, plenty of our players will be treated the same way.

It is self evident that certain managers and players can excel in the championship but are not good enough for the Premier League.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

What makes me laugh is at the time we appointed Eck fans were really pissed off that the media were saying that we hated Eck because of his Blues connection. Fans denied this and angrily reacted saying it was because he was shit, which he is. Now we have Bruce people are not happy about his Blues connection that was 10 years ago but he is actually a fairly successful manager (in context). I don't get it.

Bugger all to do with his Blues connection.

Obviously many on here failing to see the bigger picture.

But hey, who am I to argue against any one member of the Bruce brigade.

-Que the petty responses and the clique of likes to go with!-

2 minutes ago, Villastine said:

If he gets us promoted he will have earned his wages and no doubt a significant bonus. if we then sack him he will have earned a pay off.

If we get promoted, plenty of our players will be treated the same way.

It is self evident that certain managers and players can excel in the championship but are not good enough for the Premier League.

If he gets us promoted, imagine the wankfest then! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

as for defensive organisation, this is a manager who's team was ran riot at Villa Park by Weimann and wait for it Jordan Bowery 2 years ago

Did you find any victories against bigger teams for him too?  Did you? :detect: 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, omariqy said:

What makes me laugh is at the time we appointed Eck fans were really pissed off that the media were saying that we hated Eck because of his Blues connection. Fans denied this and angrily reacted saying it was because he was shit, which he is. Now we have Bruce people are not happy about his Blues connection that was 10 years ago but he is actually a fairly successful manager (in context). I don't get it.

I dont give a **** who he managed, have laid out my reasons before. I just dont like him and its a lot longer than because he managed a tin-pot club  10 years ago

• Like 1

Is Bruce an improvement on RDM-  yes-100%

On Tactics Tim -100%

On McLeish -100%

on Lambert - yes but not 100%

Happy as a pig in Sh 1 t with this appointment. Don't care that he managed at the STY  many years ago. He talks sense, which is a step up on RDM, Garde, TS, lambert and McLeish.

As for his dealings in the transfer market, I think we have a structure in place where transfers are not the sole domain of the manager.  We haven't exactly been successful in the market in years and moving forward this responsibility will rest with Steve Round.

Even in the summer the 4m we gave Palace for Jedinak is looking like 3m too much. So all round transfers need to improve

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Did you find any victories against bigger teams for him too?  Did you? :detect: 

why would I care about his victories over bigger teams? sure Paul Lambert and Tim Sherwood managed them as well

he couldnt beat an Aston Villa team with Bowery and Weimann in attack. If I remember I think Westwood got a goal that day

Just now, Zatman said:

why would I care about his victories over bigger teams? sure Paul Lambert and Tim Sherwood managed them as well

he couldnt beat an Aston Villa team with Bowery and Weimann in attack. If I remember I think Westwood got a goal that day

You've looked it up well.  Did you know that we didn't lose a game that season that Weimann scored in?

Did you know that, in the same season, he managed to set up his side to beat a Liverpool team with Gerrard in it and Suarez in attack?

You're right though.  He's wank.  Because of that game with Weimann and Bowery and Westwood. :detect: 

And to add to my point above, I think it's to the fans' credit that that's the case.  The fact that our discussions and disagreements are about his abilities as a manager at Villa is exactly the way it should be.

No doubt the meeja will try and spin the usual line and whip up another false perception that keeps them regurgitating their go-to narrative for the duration.  Yawn.

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

You've looked it up well.  Did you know that we didn't lose a game that season that Weimann scored in?

Did you know that, in the same season, he managed to set up his side to beat a Liverpool team with Gerrard in it and Suarez in attack?

You're right though.  He's wank.  Because of that game with Weimann and Bowery and Westwood. :detect: 

a genius, I be worried Barcelona will take him now if Enrique packs it in  ;)

Â