Next Villa Manager

Richard

I honestly have no clue as to who we should bring in. I only hope it'll be someone who'll be able to set us up properly and actually be able to win a football match for once. All this talk of MON, Sherwood, Warnock, Bruce, etc., just makes me wanna stop following football altogether. 

• Like 1

I thought guidolin was harshly sacked to be honest. They had tough fixtures and I think the Swans have got a bit up themselves expectations wise. Have no problem with him being a prospective candidate.

• Like 3

I'm in a position now where I think that no matter who we appoint it's just going to go wrong again soon. We just cannot catch a break at the moment.

Thoroughly disillusioned with this club at the moment . :(

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I honestly think we would be stupid not to go for Bruce. He would get us promoted. Not a long term option I grant you but we need to get back to the PL.

Agree - but what worries me is that we have been stupid before , Sherwood, Garde, RDM...

10 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I'm in a position now where I think that no matter who we appoint it's just going to go wrong again soon. We just cannot catch a break at the moment.

Thoroughly disillusioned with this club at the moment . :(

I agree, that goal we conceded against Huddersfield just sums up the general predicament

18 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I thought guidolin was harshly sacked to be honest. They had tough fixtures and I think the Swans have got a bit up themselves expectations wise. Have no problem with him being a prospective candidate.

He would be one of the leading candidates if I was selecting.

From Brucey's Wikipedia:

In addition to an autobiography, Heading for Victory, Bruce has published three novels, Sweeper!, Defender! and Striker!, featuring the exploits of fictional footballer manager Steve Barnes. Sweeper!, released in 1999, was described by a critic for The Independent as "surprisingly punchy and pacey, although the plot is essentially ludicrous".

Time for chapter 4 Steve, Stinker! Steve Barnes takes charge of a struggling Championship side, with a dwarfish defence and no midfield, and guides them to the playoffs!  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Agree - but what worries me is that we have been stupid before , Sherwood, Garde, RDM...

That was under Lerner TBF, and RL would have given RDM the whole season to turn it around. If it is Bruce it will be done pretty swiftly IMO. 

Given Dr Tony's comments about only only RDM being available last summer  (Pearson says hi) - Then surley that means we are only looking at out of work managers - on that basis the Job is as good as Brucey's, so long as he is happy with the set up.....

Would we not just loose him to england in the summer though !

I know people are saying let's not go for someone just because they are available, but for me Bruce would have been one of the more obvious, if uninspiring choices even if he were still at Hull.

Couldn't give a flying **** that he's managed Blues before. Or that he looks like a potato.

Got the right credentials and CV for the immediate task ahead and will turn us into an organised outfit.

Just do it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I have a new tactic for being a villa fan, I've just stopped caring.

Don't care who the new manager is, don't care what our last result was, don't care who we're playing next and don't care where we are in the league.

I don't care.

Thank you Aston Villa for ruining my love of football.

SOTV

You still care, you are bluffing. We will turn it around and have much better days in the future - UTV. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Given Dr Tony's comments about only only RDM being available last summer  (Pearson says hi) - Then surley that means we are only looking at out of work managers - on that basis the Job is as good as Brucey's, so long as he is happy with the set up.....

Would we not just loose him to england in the summer though !

Don't think he quite said that, just said 'limited time and choices'. Moyes was interviewed, Pearson was clearly available too. However he did only seem to be going for out-of-work managers as you say, but it could be different this time around.