PieFacE

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

BBC reporting it was "controversial".  I haven't seen it - what happened?

The ball broke to the Bayern player about 12 yards out who got there just before Koscielny who dragged him down.  It was a definite penalty and the ref gave him a yellow before the guy behind the goal told the ref to overturn it and give him a red, which to my mind is wrong with the new laws.  After that Arsenal had to have a go and just got picked off again and again.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's not really, they had to overturn a 5-1 deficit.  At some point, they needed to try and do that.

You don't agree its bonkers that the better side for at least half the game got spanked 5-1?

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

BBC reporting it was "controversial".  I haven't seen it - what happened?

Lewandowski was in box and Koscielny crossed over him and he made contact and went down. Never a red card but for me it was a certain enough penalty

Arsenal completely gave up trying to place defense after that red. If you look at the goals Bayern scored in the 2nd half, they were all 4v1 or 3v1 attacks. Can't really blame Arsenal's defense. They had to go forward and Bayern countered easily. 

21 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Shock horror, another mentally weak display by Arsenal.

Bonkers summary.  1-0 up before going down to 10 men, in a game that they needed to win by at least 4 goals?

"Mentally weak" :D 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Bonkers summary.  1-0 up before going down to 10 men, in a game that they needed to win by at least 4 goals?

"Mentally weak" :D 

Yep, totally collapsed and played without dignity after going down to 10 men, very much mentally weak.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The ball broke to the Bayern player about 12 yards out who got there just before Koscielny who dragged him down.  It was a definite penalty and the ref gave him a yellow before the guy behind the goal told the ref to overturn it and give him a red, which to my mind is wrong with the new laws.  After that Arsenal had to have a go and just got picked off again and again.

I'm not sure he genuinely attempted to win the ball, he was the wrong side, didn't even hang a leg out in an attempt to make contact, lewandowski sold it a bit but I think if the ref had given a straight red then no one would care, the "controversy" has come because of the bloke behind the goal actually doing something for once

Wenger is really going down in style isn't he?

I've said before....really poor legacy if he leaves his successor with Europa league football and Alexis and Ozil on the first plane out of Islington.

That would be a fair worse hand than what Moyes inherited.

Conceding 10 goals over 2 games is really awful regardless of the opposition. They rely too much on Koscielny and he, like the two mentioned above, would be mad to stay. 

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

At least he didn't assault any of the officials or the opposition manager this time.

Wenger is a word removed, he always has been. A petulant child who sulks, lies and rages whenever he loses. I'll enjoy watching his mental breakdown throughout the rest of the season.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

I remember Juventus being 2-0 up against Manchester United and Keane receiving a booking to miss the final, he dragged them back into the game and they won 2-3. I remember John Terry being sent off at Barca and Chelsea battling back and booking their place in the final. I remember Liverpool being 3-0 down at HT against AC Milan in the final.

No excuses were needed there.At some point pride kicks in.

The Arsenal players really are just a pathetic bunch.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

It reminds me of the old days when used to get these type of aggregate scores between an English team  and a team from Iceland or Norway. I think they will miss out on top 4 as well

Â