PieFacE

Going to be hard work for the next boss I think....probable Europa league which would make a title challenge a lot more difficult and star players like Alexis and Ozil wanting out (maybe long term losing those two would do Arsenal good but short term it will be a big blow).

It's like Conte taking over Chelsea last summer with them in the Europa league and Costa and Hazard both leaving. I'd safely predict they wouldn't be top of the league with those issues.

Wenger really should've gone years ago...maybe after that second cup win v us. Him staying on does have a similar feel to Clough at Forest. Probably going to leave Arsenal in their worst state for 20 years.

Allegri would be good for them. Has his teams well drilled and likes hard working players. Think a few Arsenal players have been on easy street for a little too long and that will change. 

I remember a lot of Milan fans being disgusted with the fact he scraped 3rd with Milan the one year. Looking back, it's clear he had them punching above their weight. 

33 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Allegri would be good for them. Has his teams well drilled and likes hard working players. Think a few Arsenal players have been on easy street for a little too long and that will change. 

I remember a lot of Milan fans being disgusted with the fact he scraped 3rd with Milan the one year. Looking back, it's clear he had them punching above their weight. 

See the big problem for arsenal fans is if so done like allegri comes in they are so use to playing a certain way, arsenal fans won't be happy playing negative boring football. Should be interesting

It depends if he has them improving. Arsenal haven't really been a genuine title contender often for some time. 

I think it's a weird one, the Wenger/Arsenal situation. I think in the long run, moving on would be the right decision IF the board are willing to back the new manager. But I also think it will take being out of the top 4 for a year or two. If they won't spend when they don't have CL football, then they're pretty **** either way I'm terms of title ambitions IMO 

24 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Don't think Allegri is a defensive-minded manager. He builds from the back though and that is what Arsenal needs. Think he would be good for them.

Not defensive, but he prefers players with physical strengths over those with technical strengths. Which would mean a massive overhaul necessary at Arsenal. 

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Its a bit of a myth that Arsenal don't spend, he spent £90m this summer alone.

£70m on Xhaka and Mustafi, £17m odd on Lucas Perez, definition of 'lost the plot' signings.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

Oxlande Chamberlain was absolutely shocking yesterday, the definition of a hype job if there ever was one, a player who delivers very little in terms of goals and assists, struggle to see what the point in him is. At £15m he's yet another Wenger 'masterstroke'. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Oxlande Chamberlain was absolutely shocking yesterday, the definition of a hype job if there ever was one, a player who delivers very little in terms of goals and assists, struggle to see what the point in him is. At £15m he's yet another Wenger 'masterstroke'. 

He left Southampton too soon. Gone backwards since being at arsenal

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

See the big problem for arsenal fans is if so done like allegri comes in they are so use to playing a certain way, arsenal fans won't be happy playing negative boring football. Should be interesting

Surely Simeone would be even worse at that?

This talk of Wenger getting a 1 year deal....surely that's fudging the issue big time. The fans would stay in revolt into next season and the uncertainty would continue.

Incredible there's no one strong enough on the Arsenal board to say enough is enough and time for Wenger to go....increasingly looks like a whole club in denial.

They'll be appointing Sean Spicer as their PR next....

You would have had to be a very brave board member to sack Wenger and risk the CL revenue.

Now it looks like they will fail to qualify for the CL so it becomes a far easier call, in fact it would be far harder to stick with him.

His time is up, he knows it and if he doesn't walk entirely by choice I think he will find the offer rescinded.

There has though since David Dein been a lack of strong boardroom leadership at Arsenal, Wenger has had far too much control so a change of manager isn't the only thing needed.

Could be a tough few years for them especially if Spurs can maintain CL qualification while moving to the new stadium.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The older fans will remember that was the Arsenal way under George Graham!

Â