PieFacE

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yes free money. Every year I lay bets through an exchange where I take money from people who want to back Arsenal to win the league.

Over the last few years I've won a lot of money doing it and it's cost me £0.00.

It isn't risk free in the sense I could lose, it is risk free in the sense Arsenal won't win the title. For the same reason they've not won it in years.

Oh and even if I do lose, it doesn't matter because I can afford to lose what I've bet and it's nothing compared to what I've won.

So er yeah, not sure where you are hoping to get your kicks but enjoy, like I will my winnings. Again.

The lay odds cant be very good can they. £15 to win £1 maybe.

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The lay odds cant be very good can they. £15 to win £1 maybe.

That's not really how it works when you are laying bets, that's more like the odds you get backing a sure thing.

You stand to win whatever stake you are willing to accept and stand to lose the resulting liability.

So for example you could accept £100 or £1000, with the resulting liability. If Arsenal fail to win the league you keep the stake you've accepted.

I'm not going to start talking about specific numbers as it's not the thread and it's a little crass but I do it to make money, not for fun, I wouldn't bother for a few quid.

I know how it works I do it myself on betfair exchange. If for instance the backers odds on Arsenal to win the title are9/1 your liability would be £18.00 if you accept a £2 stake. To actually win anything substancial you would have to stake a lot of money and if one year Arsenal pulled it off you would wipe out your entire winnings over the past few years.

Ok it wont happen this year unless Chelsea completely blow up and Liverpool and spurs drop off.

Edited by PaulC

20 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I know how it works I do it myself on betfair exchange. If for instance the backers odds on Arsenal to win the title are9/1 your liability would be £18.00 if you accept a £2 stake. To actually win anything substancial you would have to stake a lot of money and if one year Arsenal pulled it off you would wipe out your entire winnings over the past few years.

Ok it wont happen this year unless Chelsea completely blow up and Liverpool and spurs drop off.

I don't stake any money, I hold liability.

So yes make decent money I'd have to accept decent sized stakes and hold decent sized liabilities.

Yes if they won it it would dent my earning from it, it certainly wouldn't wipe them out. (I don't just do this with Arsenal)

Don't get me wrong I'm not earning a living from it but I do make money, I'm effectively acting as the bookie and how many skint bookies are there?)

Anyway there is a betting thread somewhere, this isn't it so let's get back on topic.

Arsenal seem to be throwing out new contracts like confetti at the moment but still nothing for the two big boys Ozil and Sanchez which are linked to the future of Wenger.

Will be interesting to see which way things go....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Burnley must be sick of them. Koscielny was offside yesterday which lead to the penalty decision and in the game at Turf Moor Koscielny was again offside and it was also handball which they scored last minute from.

Lucky Arsenal.

Arsenal were denied a penalty earlier on, so I think the result was fair.  Just perhaps not how they arrived at it.  It seems two wrongs make a right in Premier League refereeing.

On 1/17/2017 at 06:44, TrentVilla said:

Yes free money. Every year I lay bets through an exchange where I take money from people who want to back Arsenal to win the league.

Over the last few years I've won a lot of money doing it and it's cost me £0.00.

It isn't risk free in the sense I could lose, it is risk free in the sense Arsenal won't win the title. For the same reason they've not won it in years.

Oh and even if I do lose, it doesn't matter because I can afford to lose what I've bet and it's nothing compared to what I've won.

So er yeah, not sure where you are hoping to get your kicks but enjoy, like I will my winnings. Again.

im pretty confident this is super wrong if anyone is thinking long term in betting (which you should be doing ofc (which you arnt showing next paragraph). And any short term changes (laying / betting) would get snapped off by other people before you would see if it betting on exchange.  I feel like youre talking out of your ass tbh. Can you tell me what you think the odds should be for arsenal winning league for the times youre laying them? super super interested . And reasining behind. season by season please :) (you must have it if you think its free money)

"Over the last few years I've won a lot of money doing it and it's cost me £0.00.". You telling me this sentence really shows some things how you think about gambling. And how flawed it is. (p.s you think it "cost you £0.00" then youre doing it wrong). How far over EV have you ran? I could list about 12213823232 sentences which proved the exact same reasoning in betting world, but still lost money, or won money, but it ACTUALLY "cost"/"won")

just want to say i gamble for a living. (just saying incase some arguments is made against me)

prem football is like close to impossible to beat laying + betting ESPECIALLY doing league positions. If you arnt doing it full time job looking for super thin edges in certain areas (which will never ever be league position), youre screwed and its just variance for your above expectation.

only way i would believe you that youre actually "winning free money" is if its some super underground with 0 bots +  0 Full time players + friends + 0 bookies involved

variance is one helluva  brag :) you winning over last few years means **** all really as everyone looks at EV. which is super obvious you arnt :)

you say its free money then say you dont do it for a living. This shows you exactly know its not free money...otherwise you would keep pilling money on it short term and make whatever more than your job..."as its free money"

"because you can afford to lose" isnt really sound reasoning for free money lol may aswell say roulette is free money because i can afford to lose £1 spins after putting 100£ and i won once XD jfc. Gambling logic is so so wrong throughout all your posts. sorry it is :(

Edited by gharperr

yeh i am, i understand why youre asking though :) i suck so bad at english and way better at maths/science in my life. + drinking takes about 12132 edits to catch so many mistakes i make. Sorry for that. trying to get better at grammar to make posts semi readable etc etc

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, gharperr said:

im pretty confident this is super wrong if anyone is thinking long term in betting (which you should be doing ofc (which you arnt showing next paragraph). And any short term changes (laying / betting) would get snapped off by other people before you would see if it betting on exchange.  I feel like youre talking out of your ass tbh. Can you tell me what you think the odds should be for arsenal winning league for the times youre laying them? super super interested . And reasining behind. season by season please :) (you must have it if you think its free money)

"Over the last few years I've won a lot of money doing it and it's cost me £0.00.". You telling me this sentence really shows some things how you think about gambling. And how flawed it is. (p.s you think it "cost you £0.00" then youre doing it wrong). How far over EV have you ran? I could list about 12213823232 sentences which proved the exact same reasoning in betting world, but still lost money, or won money, but it ACTUALLY "cost"/"won")

just want to say i gamble for a living. (just saying incase some arguments is made against me)

prem football is like close to impossible to beat laying + betting ESPECIALLY doing league positions. If you arnt doing it full time job looking for super thin edges in certain areas (which will never ever be league position), youre screwed and its just variance for your above expectation.

only way i would believe you that youre actually "winning free money" is if its some super underground with 0 bots +  0 Full time players + friends + 0 bookies involved

variance is one helluva  brag :) you winning over last few years means **** all really as everyone looks at EV. which is super obvious you arnt :)

you say its free money then say you dont do it for a living. This shows you exactly know its not free money...otherwise you would keep pilling money on it short term and make whatever more than your job..."as its free money"

"because you can afford to lose" isnt really sound reasoning for free money lol may aswell say roulette is free money because i can afford to lose £1 spins after putting 100£ and i won once XD jfc. Gambling logic is so so wrong throughout all your posts. sorry it is :(

You seemingly are too busy rushing to insult to actually read what I've posted. I'm not laying and betting at no point have I said that or remotely close to saying that.

You want to take a look at your own logic because you are arguing a point I've not made.

Wenger should get a long ban.

It's always surprised me how rarely he gets sent to the stands....I go to a couple of matches at the Emirates in a season and he's always arguing with the 4th official whenever an opposition player dares to tackle one of his.

Yeah it wasn't a big push but it's the action...you let him off and every other manager will see it as another way of disrespecting the ref.

Can you imagine Mourinho's reaction if Wenger got away with it....for once I would have some sympathy with him.

Â