PieFacE

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Wenger should get a long ban.

It's always surprised me how rarely he gets sent to the stands....I go to a couple of matches at the Emirates in a season and he's always arguing with the 4th official whenever an opposition player dares to tackle one of his.

Yeah it wasn't a big push but it's the action...you let him off and every other manager will see it as another way of disrespecting the ref.

Can you imagine Mourinho's reaction if Wenger got away with it....for once I would have some sympathy with him.

Agreed. 

Its the top 4 bias at play though. You send Wenger off and you are likely to be headline news for a few days, don't send him off and nobody says a thing.

Its harder to send Wenger off than send off Clement.

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

Look at the dignity.  Other managers *cough*Moanrinho*cough* could learn a thing or two.

When asked if he would accept the charge, Wenger said: "Yes. I am big enough to stand up for what I do.

"When I don't behave like I think I should behave, I am big enough to say I am not right."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38755704

Wenger knows he's going to get a decent ban so just trying to limit it.

• Like 2

He told Xhaka not to challenge and stand up when tackling, while good advice for the rash clearing in the woods I thought he was brought in to tackle. Then I realise he has a good pass percentage.

When will Wenger learn that his best teams have relied on Petit and Gilberto Silva to do the dirty work. 

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

bullshit. he **** up and was disgraceful in his attitude. a phony apology wont get him far out of his ban and if it does it just shows how bad the FA are

lol - how is it phony?!

He's said he was wrong to do what he did and then said he'll accept whatever punishment is given.  I don't understand what's wrong there.

On 26/01/2017 at 12:20, bobzy said:

Look at the dignity.  Other managers *cough*Moanrinho*cough* could learn a thing or two.

When asked if he would accept the charge, Wenger said: "Yes. I am big enough to stand up for what I do.

"When I don't behave like I think I should behave, I am big enough to say I am not right."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38755704

Er.... you know he point blank denied it after the game right? Said it didn't happen.

Then he finds out it's on film, the world saw it and he is being charged and suddenly he is coming out with the above.

Please.

45 minutes ago, bobzy said:

lol - how is it phony?!

He's said he was wrong to do what he did and then said he'll accept whatever punishment is given.  I don't understand what's wrong there.

Because he doesn't mean it, he is accepting it after getting caught. 

If he meant it he would have said it post match.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Er.... you know he point blank denied it after the game right? Said it didn't happen.

Then he finds out it's on film, the world saw it and he is being charged and suddenly he is coming out with the above.

Please.

No, I only read the match reports the day after where he had already apologised - said something about shutting up and going home from memory.  I can't see anything about him saying it didn't happen... but then I didn't watch anything immediately after the game (how Wenger-esque ;))

(Not that this push was anything much - you just can't lay your hands on an official).

• Like 1

There is even a video of him denying it on the link below

Speaking immediately after the game, though, Wenger categorically denied making contact with Taylor.

"No, no, no," he told Sky Sports, when asked if he had pushed the fourth official. "I just went in and watched the game here after. I thought I could stay in the corridor."

Asked to explain why he had been sent off, Wenger added: "Myself? I just should have shut up. I apologise for not having done it but that's it.

"There was nothing malicious I just shouldn't have said some words and kept my control even if it was a hectic time."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10739315/arsene-wenger-adamant-he-did-not-push-fourth-official-anthony-taylor

• Like 1

To me what he did was the worst of the 3 scenarios.

Scenario 1
You push the official, admit you did it straight away and apologise.

Scenario 2
You push the official, don't apologise and continue to stand your ground even in the wrong.  Showing at least some misguided sense of conviction in your actions.

Scenario 3
You push the official, don't apologise initially, then apologise once you realise everyone saw you do it.  You spineless clearing in the woods.

That **** man gets so much adoration for what he is.  He's a contemptible urchin who regularly demonstrates a lack of character, usually when 'not seeing' an incident that went for his own team whilst commanding an almost military-grade microscopic vision for incidents that didn't go his way.  Utter **** rocket polisher.

• Like 2

Wenger and dignity should never go in the same sentence. Whilst other managers might have shit attitudes, no class and have at times become embroiled in ridiculous situations...none of them can rival Wenger's consistency for sheer spolit, petulantance, toys out the pram, tantrum throwing, dummy spitting childish behaviour. The man is 67 and frankly, is an utter embarrassment.

• Like 1

did my post get deleted?  loool  @TrentVilla or am i being stupid??? i wrote message out last night...posted and edited...between our topics? =/ 

still amazed anyone thinks its free money laying postions....pretty much easiest break even gambling + (cost) you can do

Edited by gharperr

Â