PieFacE

They do have a very talented squad and I agree Arteta had been lucky in the sense managers usually don't get this much patience. I guess that's what a cup win gets you but they are been so poor in the league since he took over.

I actually don’t think the Arsenal squad is as good as people think. A lot of their players abilities are elevated as they must be good as they play for Arsenal. 

I rate Saka and like Tierney, Cebellos and Martinelli but the rest are pretty average. 

Aubameyang is class but at the wrong side of his ability and the remaining strikers are inconsistent and overall meh!

seriously, which of their current players would get into our current starting XI?? 

we have improved our squad whilst Arsenal have slipped into complacency and wistfully dreaming of days gone by when they were great. 

• Like 3

Not even sure what the penalty shout it, I had people round so may have missed it 

Tried to explain why in the konsa thread, line of the ball and how konsa steps across it before the contact is made I completely agree the saka one is a foul on konsa, despite us having one vs Sheffield utd earlier in the season he's also so far out that it's hard to call it a goal scoring opportunity 

Just now, theboyangel said:

I rate Saka and like Tierney, Cebellos and Martinelli but the rest are pretty average. 

seriously, which of their current players would get into our current starting XI?? 

I don't rate ceballos

Gabriel seems to have lost his early season form, ESR will be great but it's early days for him, saka and Tierney are good players, partey I'm not sure on, martinelli again it's early for him but good player 

Saka on the RW is the only one I'd take if I'm honest, maybe 5 or 6 of theirs on the bench but starting 11 would be 10 villa 1 arsenal 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't rate ceballos

Gabriel seems to have lost his early season form, ESR will be great but it's early days for him, saka and Tierney are good players, partey I'm not sure on, martinelli again it's early for him but good player 

Saka on the RW is the only one I'd take if I'm honest, maybe 5 or 6 of theirs on the bench but starting 11 would be 10 villa 1 arsenal 

Exactly - amazing the turnaround in fortunes. 

Just now, a-k said:

AFTV today

After watching some of it it's very telling.

They are mostly blaming VAR and the ref.

The reality is they didn't lose because of VAR. They lost because their team isn't that great and got beaten fair and square.

They aren't the club they once were and they still haven't accepted it.

On 07/01/2021 at 16:27, villa4europe said:

with an owner who opened a $5bn stadium last year and a net worth of circa $10bn, including a £500m house...

Hold on, what kind of stadium costs $5bn!!???

Edited by ender4

I dont know too many details in to the costs but it's basically a postcode that they've redeveloped not just the stadium, I think the multi function stuff (there's only 8 nfl games for each team per season) and general facilities as part of the project are huge, it's also under the LAX flight path so they were restricted by height meaning that they dug way down to get it under the restrictions 

Add to that that it is a pretty smart place

But yeah that's kroenkes baby, le arse are seemingly just something he happens to own

Arsenal are lerners villa with better players 

That Odegaard guy look like a classic Arsenal signing.

Technical. Good on the ball. Lacks physicality.

Since Vieira left they've been an easy team to bully and it doesn't help them that the type of players they target are far too similar.

Â