PieFacE

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

Clearly enjoys the half time pies!

As for the bloke above him - didn't realise ZZ Top were arsenal fans!

He looks like he can handle himself. Ex services I reckon. Spent a few years as a 'security contractor' in Iraq or Afghanistan after he was discharged from the forces! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

notgoodisit.jpg

There was a point in time, not so very long ago, when Arsenal and Chelsea would have been fielding sides of roughly even quality. These are not those times. I don't think you would expect anything much other than a routine Chelsea win given that disparity.

Thing is with that...put Tiago Silva at the back for Arsenal, Kante as holding midfield and Lukaku as CF and Arsenal would be making top 4 as they have some good young players in many positions.

They simply don't sign high enough quality experienced top level players in the key positions anymore, likes of Rob Holding, Cedric Soares and Xhaka all still regular starters says it all and they'd have got rid of Aubameyang if he hadn't signed that new contract last season.

Arsenal should've got Rodgers before Leicester did.

Was he still at Celtic when Wenger left?

Think he'd be a great fit to work with Tierney, Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard, Smith Rowe, Ben White as indisputable he massively improves young players.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Since he was appointed only Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Manchester City have picked up more points, and he's also won them an FA Cup and Community Shield. Maybe that's a crisis by their standards, nevermind comparing them to us in the latter Lerner years, if we achieved that people would be wanting a statue of Smith built.

Arsenal finished 5th and reached europa final in Emery's one full season so really different standards.

If they're 8th-10th going into October I think he'll be sacked.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Thing is with that...put Tiago Silva at the back for Arsenal, Kante as holding midfield and Lukaku as CF and Arsenal would be making top 4 as they have some good young players in many positions.

They simply don't sign high enough quality experienced top level players in the key positions anymore, likes of Rob Holding, Cedric Soares and Xhaka all still regular starters says it all and they'd have got rid of Aubameyang if he hadn't signed that new contract last season.

I agree that if Arsenal had much better players in key positions they'd give the likes of Chelsea a game more often, my point is they don't (and also that they don't have much chance of changing that, I mean it's completely unimaginable that they could have attracted eg Lukaku).

8 hours ago, Xela said:

Iain Dowie has let himself go (Emporio Armani t-shirt)

I was going to say it's an easy one, surely the guy in the extremely subtle (and presumably utterly fake) Armani t-shirt) 

30 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

Just think. They had the absolute audacity a few months ago to announce they were joining a so called 'Super League' 

Their fan base and yearly revenue is still enormous. That is the measure of being a big club these days. Not necessarily great success on the pitch. 

51 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Their fan base and yearly revenue is still enormous. That is the measure of being a big club these days. Not necessarily great success on the pitch. 

Indeed but if they keep performing like they are those fans will soon jump ship.  Man Utd lost fans to City and Arsenal will lose fans to Chelsea.

Even locally Wolves found a load of extra fans that supported Arsenal Man Utd Liverpool before 5 years ago!!  They will slowly change back though 😉

12 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Arsenal are lucky they are based in London. A lot of players would’ve moved on otherwise in my opinion. 

If they left arsenal they'd have to take a 50% pay cut at least, that's why they can't sell any of their players, e.g. Ozil. Players like Lacazette and Aubameyang want to go to Real, Juventus or Athletico Madrid, etc.  but they ended up taking the big money on offer in London and then enjoy the nightlife and generally don't give a toss. You think either of them care if Arsenal are in the champions league? They still get their six figure salary. 

A crushing defeat to City would be funny but the international break comes at a good time for them.

They then go on to play Norwich, Burnley, Spurs, Brighton, Palace and Us.

As tough as Burnley, Spurs, Brighton and hopefully us should be for them, they will be thinking they have a great chance at winning all of those. If they're still 13th or below by the time they play Leicester on October 30th then I think they'll pull the trigger and sack Arteta. They'll give him those games though no matter what.

Edited by HalfTimePost

4 hours ago, jones1328 said:

Just think. They had the absolute audacity a few months ago to announce they were joining a so called 'Super League' 

I did say at the time of the super league that these so called big six, well five of them were just letting the small kid-Arsenal hang around out of sympathy. Arsenal had no choice to say yes and I believe that they needed it to happen.

12 hours ago, Davkaus said:

image.png.e091eccb91674e8edfecafd6b268cd26.png

Just enjoying his day out, I want to be more like this guy. 

the face of a man who cant wait to fly home and tell his work colleagues about his experience of a hostile PL atmosphere 

"it was so exciting, i dont know what it means but everyone was shouting facking cant at him"

Â