PieFacE

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Even with Jeremy Beedle in goal?

He's basically like an Icelandic Nyland, with even less pedigree somehow. You reap what you sow. Selling Martinez and replacing him with a nobody, what did they expect?

I'll be watching the reactions for sure. I remember them being worried about this guy before, apparently he hasn't covered himself with glory in the Europa League.

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

i didnt know they signed Nyland

Signed him to replace Martinez ffs.

Sidenote: that **** around behind the wall is really annoying. Seems like an excuse for a player to get out of doing something useful like mark a player.

How many do you see go under the wall? One every two seasons?

• Like 1

It's Amazing Arteta hasn't been sacked. They are so so bad.  Would any of the other "top 6" let it get this bad? 

Personally I think Sherwood is the man for the job. 

51 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's Amazing Arteta hasn't been sacked. They are so so bad.  Would any of the other "top 6" let it get this bad? 

Personally I think Sherwood is the man for the job. 

Nah, a situation as bad as theirs only one man for the job.... Steve Bruce!

There is a guy managing in Canada, who has had some PL experience. Maybe they could coerce, bribe, or blackmail him into doing the job? 😜

Edited by AJ
My emoji broke

9 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The language barrier killed Emery really, he was always a good manager but his English was so poor and heavily accented I think it was definitely a huge factor in him not being able to get the squad to do what he wanted. 

In other news Arsenal's reserve keeper Runar Alex Runarsson has had to delete his Twitter after getting abuse from Arsenal fans because he threw a ball into his own net last night.   Of course he made minor headlines when signing for Arsenal as old tweets of his trolling Wenger were found on his account.  I guess all of this means we get another few months of Arsenal fans declaring their love for Emi on Villa social media. 

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

The language barrier killed Emery really, he was always a good manager but his English was so poor and heavily accented I think it was definitely a huge factor in him not being able to get the squad to do what he wanted. 

I loved his "Gud ebening" trademark line

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

In other news Arsenal's reserve keeper Runar Alex Runarsson has had to delete his Twitter after getting abuse from Arsenal fans because he threw a ball into his own net last night.   Of course he made minor headlines when signing for Arsenal as old tweets of his trolling Wenger were found on his account.  I guess all of this means we get another few months of Arsenal fans declaring their love for Emi on Villa social media. 

How does bielsa manage to get such strong buy in from the Leeds squad then? 

I don’t think it was the language barrier itself, although it may have played a part.

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How does bielsa manage to get such strong buy in from the Leeds squad then? 

I don’t think it was the language barrier itself, although it may have played a part.

He is doubling and tripling their wage and maybe even quadrupling them in some cases. What championship journeyman isnt going to buy into that?

Arsenal have absolute clowns on 60 bags a week without even a CV behind them 

On 18/12/2020 at 11:27, TrentVilla said:

I never minded Arsenal until I saw their fans leaving Wembley before the final whistle in the FA Cup Final against us. That just brought home the arrogance and level of expectancy and entitlement that has been fostered by the Wenger years. It explains their fans meltdown on social media, a lot of them have never experienced mediocrity before.

I’m enjoying seeing them get a large dose of reality of what being a football fan is really like for most.

Yeah, they've been spoilt rotten over a long period and as a group they've changed. I know they have (had) to pay ridiculous prices for tickets, and with that comes a kind of a right to demand that what they're presented with is a really good side - thinking back to leaving the Arsenal ground after we won there when Tony Moon scored that goal, the Arsenal fans were going absolutely mental and seething at their board/Wenger for not spending money, and they had a point. But still they were and have been winning cups and stuff - not exactly hard times. But like you say, streaming out of Wembley when they were winning, and then even worse on the tube afterwards, there was an immense number of absolute bell ends - it surprised me, as previously as a group I'd always found them to be a decent bunch - they were kind of "we've got a good side, entertaining to watch, nice big ground, history and we're proud of our club, but not arrogant" - and now more recently they come across as entitled & spoilt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Yeah, they've been spoilt rotten over a long period and as a group they've changed. I know they have (had) to pay ridiculous prices for tickets, and with that comes a kind of a right to demand that what they're presented with is a really good side - thinking back to leaving the Arsenal ground after we won there when Tony Moon scored that goal, the Arsenal fans were going absolutely mental and seething at their board/Wenger for not spending money, and they had a point. But still they were and have been winning cups and stuff - not exactly hard times. But like you say, streaming out of Wembley when they were winning, and then even worse on the tube afterwards, there was an immense number of absolute bell ends - it surprised me, as previously as a group I'd always found them to be a decent bunch - they were kind of "we've got a good side, entertaining to watch, nice big ground, history and we're proud of our club, but not arrogant" - and now more recently they come across as entitled & spoilt.

Exactly that, they weren’t always like it not even during the George Graham era but the Wenger years and the fans they attracted turned them into entitled a-holes.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

I think they’ll either go for fairly young and Spanish speaking again or go down the Solskjaer route and get an ex player. 

They should go for ponchettino and assuming he wont take it then allegri or Lucen favre. 

Â