PieFacE

4 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Watch them shoot up the table as soon as he is replaced.

Do you really think so??

I think their squad is pretty terrible and player ability has been considered better than it actually is as they play for Arsenal (so must be good!)

Other than Aubameyang (sp!) who in their squad would get into any other top 6-8 Premier League team?

their defence is poor and midfield ineffective, whilst they’ve paid well over the odds on the likes of Lacazette and Pepe who are patchy at best! 

if you didn’t know it was Arsenal you wouldn’t be surprised at how poor they are.

Too many years of transfer failure, coupled with nothing special coming through their academy has finally come home to roost. 

Their fans are as entitled as Liverpool, ManUre, Spurs and Man City fans are - expecting success to be a given but the club is broken and the fans cannot see how poor they are ‘as they’re Arsenal’ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I think their squad is pretty terrible and player ability has been considered better than it actually is as they play for Arsenal (so must be good!)

Other than Aubameyang (sp!) who in their squad would get into any other top 6-8 Premier League team?

I have to agree with this. I was looking at their lineup on MOTD this morning thinking it really is a shadow of what we’ve come to expect from Arsenal

6-EBC249-B-C15-A-4-FE8-8944-919-AF9-A48-

They won’t go down but I don’t see them troubling the top 6 any time soon.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Getting top 10 at this stage would be a minor miracle. In seasons gone by that would be  a 'disaster'.

If they lose their next 4 then maximum they could only get for rest of season would be 74 points. Many years when Wenger got that he was seen as a failure.

Could easily see them in bottom half on around 45 points if they gave Arteta even another month in charge as that will be nearly another 10 games.

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

His form has dropped off a cliff since they gave him a nice payrise. 

Ozil, Auba, Willian and Pepe must be on a combined £1m per week. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I have to agree with this. I was looking at their lineup on MOTD this morning thinking it really is a shadow of what we’ve come to expect from Arsenal

6-EBC249-B-C15-A-4-FE8-8944-919-AF9-A48-

They won’t go down but I don’t see them troubling the top 6 any time soon.

I would genuinely only take Saka and Tierney at Villa out of that lot The rest couldn’t make our side.

• Like 2

So many mistakes they make..

stupid formation 3-4-3 so not the Arsenal way. Arsenal always dominate the midfield with a 3  its like they are famous for it.

Pepe for  72mill what a joke

David Luiz- why did they even buy him and then they gave him a new contract??

Xhaka- how is he still there such a fail player.

Arteta needs to go and the sporting director (Edu?)

Pepe has scored 7 goals according to his wiki. Wesley, who cost a third of his transfer fee, and was playing for half a season in a side struggling badly, has scored 5 and got absolute pelters for it.

What the **** happened to Arsenal? Don't get me wrong it's brilliant, and hilarious, but still. Even Manchester United, in their own struggles, didn't manage to be quite this bad.

25 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Pepe has scored 7 goals according to his wiki. Wesley, who cost a third of his transfer fee, and was playing for half a season in a side struggling badly, has scored 5 and got absolute pelters for it.

What the **** happened to Arsenal? Don't get me wrong it's brilliant, and hilarious, but still. Even Manchester United, in their own struggles, didn't manage to be quite this bad.

Same thing that happened to us. They accept losing and the only players that go there are just there for the lifestyle and the salary. Winners are going elsewhere and rightly so.

• Like 1

They remind me so much of us post-MON, except with the fees and wages turned up to 11. Expensive bomb squad, players hiding, young-inexperienced players looking lost, each manager looking worse than the last and an American owner who clearly doesn't care anymore, things could get really bad for them.

I love it! :popcorn:

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

They remind me so much of us post-MON, except with the fees and wages turned up to 11. Expensive bomb squad, players hiding, young-inexperienced players looking lost, each manager looking worse than the last and an American owner who clearly doesn't care anymore, things could get really bad for them.

I love it! :popcorn:

They really do ressemble us about 10 years ago. Give me some of that popcorn bruh!

17 hours ago, Chindie said:

I’d love to see him in our side though, suspect he would flourish.

All the talk about potential relegation is a bit premature. As funny as it is to wind the Arsenal fans up about it. Suspect they'll be mid table, maybe bottom half.

The worry for Arsenal and their fans is that what looked like a slump at the club is beginning to look like decline. They have recruited so badly and the longer they spend ooutside the CL the more difficult it becomes to recruit the players you need to get back there. Suspect that's the reason they gave Auba that crazy contract, because they weren't confident they could attract a replacement if he left.

Â