Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Three million would explain why we're prepared to let him go now, despite not having any strikers currently, and also why he hasn't been involved in the last few squads, perhaps don't want to risk him getting injured and losing out on that money.

• Like 2

Hindsight in 2020 but as it turned out we should have let him go in October when we had that £7m or £9m or whatever it was bid on the table from Al Gharafa.

He's played no part what so ever for us this season other than that cup game against the Plop kids and we'd have won that either way.

But I get why we didn't want to weaken us even more up front.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Hindsight in 2020 but as it turned out we should have let him go in October when we had that £7m or £9m or whatever it was bid on the table from Al Gharafa.

He's played no part what so ever for us this season other than that cup game against the Plop kids and we'd have won that either way.

That’s a good point. His contribution wasn’t worth £5m to us! I wonder if something happened behind closed doors where Kodj’s work rate dropped even further? Like DS had him in his plans but it turned sour?

1 hour ago, sne said:

It was outside our transfer window, we couldnt risk selling him in case lady luck shat in our faces!

Just now, Nigel said:

It was outside our transfer window, we couldnt risk selling him in case lady luck shat in our faces!

Exactly.

But as it happens we didn't even end up using him after being shat at.

This is best for all but I can't help but feel a little bit sad that he won't be around anymore. He gets a lot of stick I'll never agree with and was a great servant to us, could have been even more so if not for the injury. 

There wasn't much enjoyable about that first season in the Championship but he almost single-handedly provided a silver lining, and despite being back-up to Tammy he still had his moments to help us get promoted too (equaliser vs Blues, a huge part of why the tide turned in that Rotherham game). Not quite at Premier League level at this stage but no shame in that, sometimes we can get  so caught up in football that you can forget about the actual entertainment side of the sport, so I appreciate his character as much as anything else.

His maverick style of playing the game could frustrate but on the whole he was more productive than not, and certainly did more for us than most in a difficult few years. Massive love for Kodj and all the best to him.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Some of those goals are different gravy, some of the footwork and finishes. When he turned the Brentford defender inside out 😎 Absolute pleasure to have him up front when he was firing.

Good luck JD!

Incidentally now Aston Villa defender Ezri Konsa ;) 

I can never look at him and not think of the day Jimmy destroyed him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

3m Euros says here. Don't think it'll be that much, unreal money.

That's 6 mill less than we could of got for him before off that Egyptian club, right? 

Kodjia has done nothing since then as well, we shot ourselves in the foot not selling him right then.

Â