Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

I would like us to keep Kodj and change the formation that clearly isn't working. We need go back to basics and play 442 with Tammy and Kodi up front. 

Why not. McGinn is already playing midfield by himself with those 2 useless spunktrumpets.

13 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Would you sell Kodja and buy Bowen with the money?

I'd be amazed if we could receive a fee for Kodjia that would cover the cost of Bowen. 

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In our current state I think Kodjia is useful in that he can create a goal from nothing when we aren't creating chances

The draw back being that he isn't really a team player and doesn't make the runs needed without the ball to create space for his teammates.

Nor does he help out defensively enough, leaving his loads of room to exploit for the opponents. Something that is extra bad since the player behind him is either Hutton or Taylor.

Guess he can still come off the bench and replace Abraham, but I rather get the money given the choice.

I have never rated this kid and every appearance firms up my stance that we need to get rid. Absolutely no football brain whatsoever. 

Useless. 

48 minutes ago, av1 said:

I have never rated this kid and every appearance firms up my stance that we need to get rid. Absolutely no football brain whatsoever. 

Useless. 

He might be greedy at lack vision when a pass is on for a team mate to score a goal but he is not useless.

Frustrating yes, but useless? 

2 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

He might be greedy at lack vision when a pass is on for a team mate to score a goal but he is not useless.

Frustrating yes, but useless? 

Yes. Football is a team game and the bloke can't operate as part of a team which makes him useless imo. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Yes. Football is a team game and the bloke can't operate as part of a team which makes him useless imo. 

Frustrating as he can be I doubt you’ll find many on here who share that view. Even after the injury when he’s been productive 

I'd have him over Adomah and Bolasie. El Ghazi is still young but Kodjia has contributed more to the team this season than any of them. That's not to say he doesn't annoy the hell out of me, he's one very frustrating player to watch and if he had a brain he'd be at a higher level. At least every once in a while though there is an end product.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Frustrating as he can be I doubt you’ll find many on here who share that view. Even after the injury when he’s been productive 

That may be the case and it's only my opinion of course, but I think his lack of football intelligence means the negative effect he has on the team far outweighs the rare bit of brilliance. 

20 minutes ago, Avcol said:

I'd have him over Adomah and Bolasie. El Ghazi is still young but Kodjia has contributed more to the team this season than any of them. That's not to say he doesn't annoy the hell out of me, he's one very frustrating player to watch and if he had a brain he'd be at a higher level. At least every once in a while though there is an end product.

This 1000 times, he scores goals... ocassionally, what more do people want from a striker?

Â