Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Playing like a no.10 role and think it suits him at moment

Last season he had to do a lot on his own, now we have attacking options and he is less selfish on the ball :)

You wonder if that could be the key to his success at a higher level?

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You wonder if that could be the key to his success at a higher level?

It could be. For all his goals last season his inability to pass the ball would scare the sh#t out of scouts from the top teams. 

A more "team player" attitude could transform him from a good championship player to a very good PL player.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes I hope so,  but if someone offers 30m i think we would sell him . lets hope it wont be until the summer (hopefully promoted!)

Didn't we turn 25m down for Amavi?  :lol:  

I think we'd tell them where to go to be honest. 

(The Amavi story may not have been true though, no?) 

36 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Didn't we turn 25m down for Amavi?  :lol:  

I think we'd tell them where to go to be honest. 

(The Amavi story may not have been true though, no?) 

Off topic but pretty sure Doc tweeted that £25m figure. Been thinking about it a bit recently because given our FFP position which they knew was only a few months away from causing us issues that was a monumentally stupid decision to turn that down even if he was playing OK at that time. 

Its so stupid I don't believe that the offer was ever officially made, reckon it was mentioned on a call or just a rumour type thing. 

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Off topic but pretty sure Doc tweeted that £25m figure. Been thinking about it a bit recently because given our FFP position which they knew was only a few months away from causing us issues that was a monumentally stupid decision to turn that down even if he was playing OK at that time. 

Its so stupid I don't believe that the offer was ever officially made, reckon it was mentioned on a call or just a rumour type thing. 

I definitely have my reservations whether this was made or not. Considering we sold him at cost price in the end.

I think bruce woukd have junped at the chance to have that sort of money.

If we are challenging by January makes no sense to sell considering we could make 3 times the amount of money being back in premier league

Tony is not stupid, no way he sells Kodjia. It's so evidently clear that Kodjia is the key piece for promotion. Yet again, look at our form this season when Kodjia was out, and now look at our form with him in the team.

Tony gets a ridiculous sum of money if we get promoted. That risk is worth way more than any club would offer for Kodjia. I also don't think Kodjia forces a move this season. If we don't get promoted at the end of this season, then yes I could see us cashing in on Kodjia probably because he would want to move up and rightfully so. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Lol is this the latest made-up crisis? We're doing well at the moment so our best player is leaving in the winter window.

I'm starting to think Bruce wasn't far off with the hysteria comment. :lol:

People are entitled to discuss it tbh, otherwise everythig we ever say is hysteria. Bruce just loves a sound bite to save his skin.

• Like 2

Just think of it like this, Bolasie went to Everton for £25m.  He's faster, I think, but he scored 12 goals in 133 apps for Palace.  

If we get up, and entertain offers for him, they're going to have to be in the region of £50m just because of his importance to our team, the fact he can play down the middle or wide and he can (and has) scored a hatful in the last 3 seasons. 

Plus he's coming into his peak at 27. 

On 9/28/2017 at 09:52, villaglint said:

My theory was it was a Chinese club offering silly money, and it was probably a case of Amavi not being remotely interested.

Very easy to turn down a £25m offer when you know the player wouldn't go anyway.

If the offer was real, then had it come from a premier league club, for example, I guarantee he'd have gone.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Just think of it like this, Bolasie went to Everton for £25m.  He's faster, I think, but he scored 12 goals in 133 apps for Palace.  

If we get up, and entertain offers for him, they're going to have to be in the region of £50m just because of his importance to our team, the fact he can play down the middle or wide and he can (and has) scored a hatful in the last 3 seasons. 

Plus he's coming into his peak at 27. 

Well no one in their right mind would pay that.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well no one in their right mind would pay that.

Agreed. For comparison, AM just signed Diego Costa for not much more than that. 

Edited by av1

Â