Squad / Team - how do you see it?

Dodgyknees

Still need a RB and a CM, possibly a striker or RW, but the amount of changes made is more than I dared hope for.

Also need to ship out the last few of the disruptive passengers from last season.

All in all, not too shabby.

What a turnaround.

I can't believe how much shite & affected we have move out. I would also deem Hutton, Richards, Lescott & Gabby gone as they will either disappear from the team/squad either to another club or to another part of the training ground.

All the ins so far have been very welcome too.

However, I'm still concerned about how many we still need to complete the team, then a good bench and finally a complete squad.

TEAM

Gollini

DeLaet - Chester - Elphick - Amavi

Bacuna - Jedinak - Tshibola

McGoal Grealish

Ayew

would prefer a winger for Bacuna and a No. 9. A pacey front man would also give us something different (be he/it a winger or ST)

BENCH

Bunn - RB - Baker - Cissokho - Bennet - Westwood - Green - Gestede - RHM

There's nothing there to change a game or to see a game out (unless the EFL allow Westwood as a 12th man)

So I think we need another RB (Bacuna if we buy a winger/Rwb/Rmf) - CD - DM - CM - R/LW - CF (Buying a nr 9 would free up one of Ayew, Grealish or McGoal as a "bencher", However we still need a CF as better back up than Gestede)

SQUAD

GK Gollini - Bunn - Steer = check

RB De Laet - Bacuna + ? (Lyden)

LB Amavi - Cissokho (Bennet)

RCB Chester + ?

CB Elphick + ?

LCD Baker + ?

DM Jedinack + ?

CM Tshibola + ? (Westwood)

Rw/Rwb/Rmf + ? - Bacuna

Lw/Lwb/Lmf +? - +?

AM McGoal - Grealish - Ayew = Check

ST +?

CF +? - +? (Gestede)

Bracketed players at a push but IMHO not good enough

So although the team is taking shape and I'm more than pleased with the great job done so far by Dr X & RDM, I still believe the Team/Bench/Squad isn't strong enough for the nature of the league, so many games, Injuries & Suspensions and will be the reason/s why we will struggle to make top 2/6.

Edited by Grasshopper

-----------------------Gollini-----------------------

RDL----------Chester----Elphick----Cissokho

-----------------Jedi--------Tish-------------------

---------------------McScore----------------------

----Kodjia-------------------------------Grealish

-----------------------Ayew------------------------

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

-----------------------Gollini-----------------------

RDL----------Chester----Elphick----Cissokho

-----------------Jedi--------Tish-------------------

---------------------McScore----------------------

----Kodjia-------------------------------Grealish

-----------------------Ayew------------------------

Kodjia is a striker not a winger?

----------------------Gollini-----------------------

-RDL--------Chester------Elphick-----Amavi-

------------Jedniak--------Tishibola------------

----Kodjia------McCormack-------Grealish--

------------------------Ayew----------------------

In a months time, this will be our XI. Gestede off the bench.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

----------------------Gollini-----------------------

-RDL--------Chester------Elphick-----Amavi-

------------Jedniak--------Tishibola------------

----Kodjia------McCormack-------Grealish--

------------------------Ayew----------------------

In a months time, this will be our XI. Gestede off the bench.

We should all be celebrating big time really - that is one hell of a transformation and improvement on this; the team sheet for our last home game last year

----------------------Bunn-----------------------

Bacuna-------Lescott-------Clark-------Hutton

Westwood------Sánchez------Gueye-----Toner

------------------Ayew-----Sinclair--------------

• Like 1

I think we have the best defence in the league in

DeLaet -------Chester---------Elphick------Amavi

I also think the midfield two of jedinak and Tshibola are the best in their positions in the league

I think in Mccormack we have the best Sherringham type player in the division and although I would have preferred Assombalonga or Hernandez you cannot argue with Kodjia's scoring record in this division and a front four of Him, Gestede,  Mccormack and Ayew has to be potentially one of the best if not the best in this league.

It is wide midfield I would like to see strengthened next and loans in defence and goal to see us through

I'd also like to see quite a few leave if possible still

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

We should all be celebrating big time really - that is one hell of a transformation and improvement on this; the team sheet for our last home game last year

----------------------Bunn-----------------------

Bacuna-------Lescott-------Clark-------Hutton

Westwood------Sánchez------Gueye-----Toner

------------------Ayew-----Sinclair--------------

That's a huge amount of change, we really should not be expecting immediate results though. we may have the pieces but a team still needs to be made with them.

• Like 2

We have spent a load this summer and IMO are still piss poor in the full back areas, have a weak central midfield and lack and quality in the wide areas. We still have a plethora of highly paid spunk trumpets in the squad too. This is not going to end well at all 

could take a while for the team to gel. will not get overly worried if we do not start winning every week. but would like for us to be within distance of automatic promotion/ play offs around January, when we can at least expect for them to have had enough sessions together to put a push in second half of the season. still a little worried about wingers. Ayew is clearly in my mind a striker as he thinks of himself when in and around the goal. could do with in my mind someone who is looking to feed in those positions. 

Gollini

De Laet   Elphick   Chester  Amavi

Jedinak

Tshibola   Westwood

McCormack                   Grealish

Kodija

With options of Bunn, Baker, Cissokho, Bacuna, Gardner, Ayew, Traore, Gestede. Keep Green, Rushian Hepburn Murphy and Keinan Davis around the squad. Hutton, Agbonlahor and Richards never play for this club again.

Leaves us needing another right back, center back, Id say 2 midfielders, a wide man and another striker. This squad wont be complete this window but we have taken a big swing at it. 

Edited by Nicho

Happy with the recent signing but we seriously need some creativity, i just cannot see where the assists are going come from in our team.

Bacuna and Ayew are the most likely to create from the wing and thats not enough. McCormack needs to play as a 2nd striker, he is wasted on the wings and he will not score much from that side of the pitch.

If we don't sign a winger/s there will be no pattern or sequence in our attacking play.  

Ideally the 4-4-1-1 formation is the best formation we could play with this season

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 1

The squad still needs an exiting attacking midfielder/wide player. Grealish is nice to have and will improve as the season goes on, Green too but has a long way to go. Someone like Gil but a little better would do nicely with the players he'd have around him.

On another note it would be class if Wilshere can't get a PL loan and would be willing to drop down a division for football in September. I don't even like him but a signing of that sort of quality would be required to be in contention for automatic promotion. At the moment the squad should be good enough to compete for the playoffs but is a bit off the quality of Norwich and Newcastle still.

4-4-1-1:

Gollini 

RDL - Elphick - Chester - Amavi

Ayew - Tshibola - Jedinak - Grealish

McCormack

Kodjia

4-2-3-1:

Gollini 

Tshibola - Jedinak

Ayew - McCormack - Grealish

Kodjia

5-3-2:

Gollini 

Elphick - Chester - Baker

RDL                            -                        Amavi

Tshibola - Jedinak - Westwood

McCormack - Kodjia

4-3-3:

Gollini 

Tshibola - Jedinak - Westwood

Ayew - McCormack - Kodjia

Obviously can switch players around but my friends, that's what we call options B)