Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Just now, avfcwills10 said:

Good starting 11, but options from the bench are going to be an issue. Especially with the amount of games we've got. 

Yep, bench is the follow-up discussion.  I was concentrating on the first team.  That's what was most important first and foremost.  There are no weak links in our strongest side now.  No more Bacunas or Huttons in our best case scenario.  And with some ins and outs rumoured between now and the end of the window, I'm confident the bench and the 11 will look even better.

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

Now THAT is a promotion side.

9ee27a331614f6fa23a986cea42fec19.png

I think Jedi and Tshibola should be switched so Jedinak can break up play and allow Tish to do his box-to-box thing. Other than that, I am incredibly excited for the rest of this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JPAngel said:

I think Jedi and Tshibola should be switched so Jedinak can break up play and allow Tish to do his box-to-box thing. Other than that, I am incredibly excited for the rest of this season.

Yeah I wasn't really sure where they best fit into a shape, and if I was being critical of that side, all of the front 4 operate better centrally so we do kind of lack natural width.  But I'm sure RDM & Clarke will figure it out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I might be wrong, but i would see Jedinak and Tshibola visa versa

Yeah possibly, as I said above, I was more on about the personnel now.  Where they play is up to them :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Yeah possibly, as I said above, I was more on about the personnel now.  Where they play is up to them :D 

.....but your principle, yes I would agree, on paper.....promo

Edited by TRO

On 8/24/2016 at 00:18, Villan_of_oz said:

Those underestimating the bearded 'beast' (I declare him our new beast) can't have seen him play too much. He will bring strength and unity to our midfield not seen for years. If he is a flop I will publicly ridicule myself on VT....

Would you go as far as describing him as "The Chosen One"?

Because that didn't work too well in Star Wars...

Bildresultat för the chosen one star wars animated gif

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Would you go as far as describing him as "The Chosen One"?

Because that didn't work too well in Star Wars...

Bildresultat för the chosen one star wars animated gif

Except Mile doesnt feel the force,

Mile is the force!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JPAngel said:

I think Jedi and Tshibola should be switched so Jedinak can break up play and allow Tish to do his box-to-box thing.

I think this aswell, for me Jedinak sits in front of the back 4 as an enforcer, letting the younger more athletic Tish to do the leg work.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BOF said:

Now THAT is a promotion side.

9ee27a331614f6fa23a986cea42fec19.png

Jedinak and Tshibola the wrong way round (as has been mentioned) plus playing Gestede with no width?  No thank you.

If we play that formation, I'd use either Ayew or McCormack up top, shift Grealish into the position of whichever one goes there and then bring Westwood in to the midfield.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

Confirmed as 25, guess you won't be buying that shirt then??!! :P 

Haha well my next post a few minutes after this one said i was having a bit of a laugh. I'll be getting the strip. Having my national captains name on a Villa shirt is about as good as it gets for me. Just hope Tony has had a word to merchandising as they are usually bang average at getting stuff out to oz. Very costly too....

• Like 2

Â