Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, sne said:

Putting him in the team to counter height in the opposing team? knowing his gargantuan list of limitations shows a lack of confidence in himself, the team and the way we play from Smith

And with how things are going I can see why. But Jedi, really?

That was always only going to work out in one way.

Guy is a Mile off pace.

Wouldnt even call Sheffield United a big team or a long ball team

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Jedinak is a poor player at the end of his career, but I blame Smith more for selecting him, what do you expect from him? To keep the ball and play a pass and move game? He has never, ever done that in his career.

Jedinak didn't have to do anything complicated. With the simplest passes he kicked it to the opposition or out. That's on one person and it isn't the manager. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Jedinak didn't have to do anything complicated. With the simplest passes he kicked it to the opposition or out. That's on one person and it isn't the manager. 

If you play Jedinak you know what you're gonna get, naive of Smith.

• 2 months later...

whilst i thought he did OK when he came on, but think you could see the gulf in quality between him and mings/hause/axel. really hoping hause is OK for saturday

He did well with the balls into the box, won a lot of headers against a physical team. Have to give him credit and say he did well for the team when we were up against it.

But having said that, I would not want him at centre back against Bristol City, who've got a lot of pace going forward. Mings shouldn't have been sent off, so maybe they can get it rescinded. Otherwise, you'd have to hope Hause is fit to come back in alongside Tuanzebe.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

whilst i thought he did OK when he came on, but think you could see the gulf in quality between him and mings/hause/axel. really hoping hause is OK for saturday 

"OK" is a bit harsh in my opinion, He was pretty much impeccable when he came on, his block late on saved what looked like a certain goal going in.

Think he was fine.

There was one moment when he over committed and went gung ho into an aerial duel but completely mistimed and created a big opportunity for them.

the other times he he did this he got the ball thou so well done.

Pretty obvious thou he is used to have a CB covering for him behind him, something he doesn't have when playing CB.

Â