Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

On 31/10/2018 at 09:58, av1 said:

Whelan protects the back 4 at least as good as Jedinak, and all of Whelan, Hourihane and BB pass the ball better.  

Barring an injury crisis i simply don't see Smith starting any games with Jedinak, and rightfully so imo. 

No, Jedi does it much better - but either way they both need to move on now. Rather neither played any more games and sold in Jan. All successful sides with a DM tend to have a pacey one who can at least pick out a pass. Watching Norwich just play little triangles around Whelan so easily was embarrassing 

24 minutes ago, Junxs said:

No, Jedi does it much better - but either way they both need to move on now. Rather neither played any more games and sold in Jan. All successful sides with a DM tend to have a pacey one who can at least pick out a pass. Watching Norwich just play little triangles around Whelan so easily was embarrassing 

If they're playing triangles around one person then that's three on one. Where are our other two players?

9 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

If they're playing triangles around one person then that's three on one. Where are our other two players?

Well one of their players could pass and, wait for it, move - thus forming a triangle. Then it’s only two on one. I know this is a foreign concept to us Villa fans but I’m told it has been happening recently in World football.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Was immense last time out against them playing DM but I think he will be marked down for CB.

Will never get anywhere near the midfield under Smith. Smith want ball playing midfielders and Jedi fails flat here.

He is better suited for a manager like Tony Pulis

29 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Will never get anywhere near the midfield under Smith. Smith want ball playing midfielders and Jedi fails flat here.

He is better suited for a manager like Tony Pulis

Horses for Courses. Even SAF knew when to bring in Darren Fletcher to do a job.

Not that I am comparing playing Blues at home to going away to Barca like...

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Horses for Courses. Even SAF knew when to bring in Darren Fletcher to do a job.

Not that I am comparing playing Blues at home to going away to Barca like...

Smith already said he has studied Guardiola quite a bit. I don't think you would see Pep ever considering Fellaini or Matic type of players in his teams.

Different players suits different managers. Yes you have some managers that will change and adapt based on the players he have available. But Smith is not one of them, have already installed a possession style at the club, can't see him changing that and so there's no room for Jedinak unless one of our cb's get injured.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Smith already said he has studied Guardiola quite a bit. I don't think you would see Pep ever considering Fellaini or Matic type of players in his teams.

Different players suits different managers. Yes you have some managers that will change and adapt based on the players he have available. But Smith is not one of them, have already installed a possession style at the club, can't see him changing that and so there's no room for Jedinak unless one of our cb's get injured.

it depends how you interpret it.

Fernandinho is probably the player.....but like all Man city players ,is comfortable with the ball....That's what you get in the higher echelons of the game.

I understand your point, but he doesn't have to consider Fellaini or Matic, because he can attract better than them.

I think Dean smith will recognise a direct clumsy ball can change a game at our level.....I think he will be very mindful of that.

Equally Blues will be well aware of where our concerns have been all season, they will work on that, for their moment in the game.

On 01/11/2018 at 21:15, Junxs said:

I can't think of a moment when pace would be sniffed at, but in the main DM's are not renowned for pace.

• Makalele
  • Essien
  • Keane
  • Viera

etc.

They are usually renowned for power....but I accept the better ones usually have more attributes of which pace could be one.

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I can't think of a moment when pace would be sniffed at, but in the main DM's are not renowned for pace.

• Makalele
  • Essien
  • Keane
  • Viera

etc.

They are usually renowned for power....but I accept the better ones usually have more attributes of which pace could be one.

None of those I would class as slow, and they could all pass the ball which was my main point.

• Like 1

I trust Dean Smith to know what he is doing.

His comments about the game in general are encouraging and his pursuit of excellence in terms of "set piece " coaches etc, stimulates confidence.

However, If He chooses to play Jedinak, I am comfortable he has a rationale behind the decision.

Â