Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Did very well under Bruce.

I think he is a very good player under the right manager, DS is not that type of manager.

**** off. He is a donkey regardless of system and thats his job and was crap today

No manager anywhere makes him better

• Like 2

He has a particular set of skills, heading the ball and sitting in and being part of a no frills 10 man defensive unit.

He has no business being in a football side, or one that pertains to be....even if he wasn't rusty and in the prime of his career.

I cannot for the life of me even begin to fathom what Dean Smith was thinking.
It's **** worrying.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Did very well under Bruce.

I think he is a very good player under the right manager, DS is not that type of manager.

He was a decent ‘stopper’, very good in the air and won his fair share of tackles. Tonight he didn’t even offer those qualities. His distribution has always been questionable. Whether he finds a Villa player is like calling a coin toss. Tonight he kept calling ‘tails’ on a two-headed coin.

• Like 1

I don't care what position you play in, if as a professional football player you spend 20 years training and being coached by professionals you should be able to control a football and pass it 5 yards. 

Ive no idea how this guy has made a career out of the game on the grounds he can head the ball. 

51 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He did great last season

He did but that was more in an SB up and at 'em direct game where possesion wasn't a big thing.

Now he really can't cover ground and struggles to get around the pitch as before his positioning infront of the back 4 was decent to pick up the headers. His "passing" was embarassment for a pro footballer.

He'll be gone in the summer along with Bjarni, Whelan, Adomah, El Ghazi and any other forgettable midfielders we have on our books. Big changes coming in that position.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Bizarre selection to start as he does not have the skills set that Smith wants. Cant pass and his legs have gone. Has been decent for us but surely with Carroll arriving that is the last of him at Villa. 

Think Smith just wanted his height for the set pieces. Ironically after the first 10 minutes Sheffield United didn't have many corners in the end.

Some seem to have short memories. Jedinak has been a good player for a long time, and some are mixing their opinions with his displays at CB. There was a time last season and the season before when he did a good job for the club, and he was missed when not available. His job has always been to put players on their backsides and make attackers think twice, he did that once early tonight and received a yellow card, pity the poor referee didn't shell out the same for similar incidents by SU players early on...

Saying all that, it was his first starting game Since early in the season and he needs to get some games under his belt, but the game has also passed him by in the past 12 months, he knows that, that's why he retired from international football. If we had a 25 yr old Jedinak he would be the right player, but we don't, let's leave these decisions to the manager, rather than the cheap shots...

Edited by QldVilla
  • Like 1

Possibly the worst individual performance ever seen at Villa Park in a few years 

probably down to a lack of match fitness , but as he’s off in the summer we shouldn’t really see him in a villa shirt again 

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Some seem to have short memories. Jedinak has been a good player for a long time, and some are mixing their opinions with his displays at CB. There was a time last season and the season before when he did a good job for the club, and he was missed when not available. His job has always been to put players on their backsides and make attackers think twice, he did that once early tonight and received a yellow card, pity the poor referee didn't shell out the same for similar incidents by SU players early on...

Saying all that, it was his first starting game of the season and he needs to get some games under his belt, but the game has also passed him by in the past 12 months, he knows that, that's why he retired from international football. If we had a 25 yr old Jedinak he would be the right player, but we don't, let's leave these decisions to the manager, rather than the cheap shots...

A. Not his 1st start of season

B. He was a good player but not in Villa system. If we were surviving relegation he be great...... 3 years ago

Was good once apun a time ago, could be relied on, he can't no more, the club needs to move on from in along with many of our out of contracts.

We can find suitable players, target them, bring them in and watch them play there hearts out.

Putting him in the team to counter height in the opposing team? knowing his gargantuan list of limitations shows a lack of confidence in himself, the team and the way we play from Smith

And with how things are going I can see why. But Jedi, really?

That was always only going to work out in one way.

Guy is a Mile off pace.

Was shocking last night, extremely bad. Not sure if his legs have totally gone or whether it was lack of match fitness; maybe a combination of both. I know Sheffield United players took their foot off the gas and sat back in the closing stages, but the difference Whelan made when he was on the pitch was like night and day compared to Mile.

I think his time is up in the summer, but he's not been the worst player to grace the claret and blue shirt and obviously has decent traits but passing a football sure aint one of them 🤣 

Â