James Chester

KJT123

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Genuinely, I don't see much I difference between Clark and Chester. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong! (I actually don't think Clark is that bad...)

I can't really think of a centre back off the top of my head that I'd specifically want and who would come here. I'm slightly concerned this will mean we have a central pairing lacking in height, too. Is there really no-one better out there for £7/£8m though?

Not much point asking me if you don't know yourself!

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Genuinely, I don't see much I difference between Clark and Chester. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong! (I actually don't think Clark is that bad...)

I can't really think of a centre back off the top of my head that I'd specifically want and who would come here. I'm slightly concerned this will mean we have a central pairing lacking in height, too. Is there really no-one better out there for £7/£8m though?

Admittedly it's only a very few games to judge them over but there was a big difference between them at Euro 2016. One had a cool head and was composed, the other was a mistake waiting to happen, with one rash lunge so ridiculous he slid all the way to Newcastle. I haven't seen a lot of Chester but he's an improvement on what we've got and has good credentials.

2 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Amavi - Chester - Elphick - ??????

Getting close to a decent back four.

Until we bring in a new RB I'd be tempted to play Lyden there. I know he isn't a natural RB, but i seem to remember him aquitting himself quite well at RB in a cup game last season. 

He certainly looked like an improvement on Hutton and Richards. 

6 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I think that one just came from Twitter. Maybe a twitter who said we were after Joe Ledley too? Maybe it was Jedniak. Anyway, I'll believe it when I see it elsewhere. 

Think it came from the Sun who said Chester and Jedinak will be signed and mentioned de laet is done for 2.5 million. Triple swoop. Apparently Jedinak fee is only 2 million. Great signings if true. Some don't seem to rate de laet but he got promoted with Leicester and Middlesbrough in recent seasons didn't he?

22 minutes ago, KSV said:

Think it came from the Sun who said Chester and Jedinak will be signed and mentioned de laet is done for 2.5 million. Triple swoop. Apparently Jedinak fee is only 2 million. Great signings if true. Some don't seem to rate de laet but he got promoted with Leicester and Middlesbrough in recent seasons didn't he?

Ok sounds better then! As for De Laet, anyone but Hutton.

Â