James Chester

KJT123

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Don't know if he's any good.

I do know if you'd offered me the chance to get rid of Clark and bring him in I'd have been delighted. He's also got to be better than Okore, Richards and Baker just because he has been employed as a professional footballer before.

Welcome to the club, James. Can you help us not be so rubbish?

Agreed I mean I'll give you a few choices

Baker------------Clark

Okore-----------Baker

Anybody and-------Richards

Anybody and-------lescott

Richards-------------Lescot (this one took me ages to type I lierally struggled to put these two together in writing)

Elphick-------Chester

For anyone saying it's too much or he's average.  Well average he may be as thats better then our other choices and for 10M it keeps the others out of the side and it's worth it for that alone

• Like 2

That twitter account isn't Chester unfortunatley. He only has 1000 followers and they all seem to be villa fans, plus what looks like James Chesters sister has tweeted saying it isn't him

Meaning it looks like we're stuck with richards for the time being

Edited by Nath_s91

34 minutes ago, supermon said:

wish it wasnt 10mill but hey ho, happy to have a new defender over the likes of Richards.  Let's sort that Right back position.  I said it on that day we played Luton, i'd take that Ruddock fella, played as left back against us but is naturally a right back. Had lots of pace and energy.

he's actually a midfielder but can play defence as you said :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelly_Ruddock_Mpanzu

38 minutes ago, supermon said:

wish it wasnt 10mill but hey ho, happy to have a new defender over the likes of Richards.  Let's sort that Right back position.  I said it on that day we played Luton, i'd take that Ruddock fella, played as left back against us but is naturally a right back. Had lots of pace and energy.

Really hope we don't go down the unproven/potential route. Basically last few summers we've mostly done that and it's put us here. More proven players like McCormack, Chester and Elphick I'd much rather have.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I believe that is a record transfer for a defender in Championship. Two records broken by big Tone in a few weeks. 

A few weeks ago someone posted a list of the most expensive championship signings for defence, midfield and attack. May have been@Stevo985?

Don't quote me but i think the most expensive defender was in the region of £5m. 

1 hour ago, handsworthvilla said:

Not sure where the £10m figure has come from ... maybe Pulis' comments?

Either way, we paid £6.75m. 

Pulis said they'd made £2m profit on him, from a reported £8m purchase.

Transfermarkt says they paid £9.6 and we paid £7.9, so that's numberwang.

• Like 3

Â