Ratings and Reactions: Luton v Villa

limpid

credit to Luton, best team by a mile and their commitment, attitude and willingness to knock the ball about put our clowns to shame. good luck to them for rest of season

as for our team, well same old crap really

• Like 2

On the plus side, things have been going well at the Olympics.

I hope that is the end of clean sheets for last year's players. Massive black mark against RDM for substiutions - up there with Tim's finest. 

Very worrying. 

• Like 1

We lost again

to a team 2 leagues below us

3-1 after leading 0-1

RDM 0/10 tactics & selections/subs

Richards as captain? then as CB?

bringing on Hutton & Gestede?

Bunn 7 kept the score down

Richards 0 that throw in then bungling the ball out for a throw in just after - 2nd goal makes a diving header 40yrds from goal ends up on the floor and 15yrds behind play when ball goes in. 3rd goal diving header/outfought by the attacker.

On one occasion he was 20yrd outside the box during the 2 on one (Okore)

Okore 6/2

6 when partnering Baker, did ok on his favoured right side.

2 partnered with Richards (showing how shit Richards is) looked out if place switching from CBR and CBL because of Richards walkabouts

Own goal a product of him not being a CBL, body shape all wrong.

Baker 5 walkabouts for first goal rest ok but like before needs a leader by his side (Elphick)

Amavi 5 Needs mins on pitch

Gardner 3 needs a leader by his side or dont bother with him

Tshibola 4 (see Gardner)

Ayew 6 needs to keep his cool

McGoal 6 clearly not sharp yet

Grealish 6 @RDM he's NOT a winger he's a Nr10

Green 4 not effective not ready yet

Hutton 0 Utter shite

Gestede 1 won a few flicks but the rest of his game is shite

total clearout required

• Like 1

Villa have exceeded themselves. Managed to ruin any pre season optimism before the middle of August. Well done to all. 

Still the bonus of being this shite for this long a defeat like this causes barely a ripple of interest in the football world. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

Perhaps it's just me but I thought he was really ineffective.  He clearly has good feet and look flashy on the ball but ultimately doesnt deliver.  I watched him all night when we didnt have the ball and whilst he runs back (mostly) he rarely effects play. To be fair Gardner and Tschibola were useless and so maybe his passing option were limited?

No its not just you....he was and despite his show pony style which catches the eye, he needs lessons in how to play in a team.

we are horrible without the ball and don't seem to understand the art of closing down or the business of executing it.

The co ordination of this lot resembles a gaggle of geese......where is the togetherness?

massive job on.

It's pretty hard to rebuild the house using the same floor, walls, roof, etc as your old house.

I can't believe I still let myself get suckered in tosettingg the alarm to watch this shit.

• Like 4

I would think most Villa fans would be shocked watching that.

It is easy to see what is wrong.....but putting it right, I wouldn't have a clue.

I have a horrible feeling money alone is not going to solve this......I foresee many years of trial and error, before we stumble on a solution.

You could well be right TRO - they're so disjointed, so lacking in confidence, leadership, the ability to take five minutes in a game and slow everything up and control it, there's no calm in the side and not enough fire. It could be years.

Equally, it could be the case that one or two strong characters could turn some of the current lot around, help the youngsters develop properly and things could click. One thing that is for sure I think, this group don't look like they'll sort themselves out any time soon; they need help.

• Like 1

I think the fans at the game tonight lowered themselves to the same embarrassing level as the players.  I know they've every right to be pissed off and have had a hard time of it for far too long but singing 'we're **** shit' and the likes just saddens my soul.  I'd rather see them sing proper chants about the club and rise above the rest of the shambles we've become and not get on the same level. 

The Luton manager agreeing that they had shown us too much respect said it all for me. I'm sure Rotherham and Huddersfield won't do that after this result. At least we can now concentrate on the league and we need to do so because this was a new low! 

• Like 1

When is the second leg?

I actually think I'd rather have stayed at work than skived off and watched that.  Villa were very second best for the last 3/4 of the game.  It looks like we need to play one less attacking player and one more defensive player and grind out some results.  The Gardner/Tish midfield got played around. No point playing Gestede if we cannot get crosses in - and clearly we cannot.  And Richards is a poor football player but a terrible centre back.  Which makes me doubt RDM.  I am really...

a. depressed b. concerned c. not bothered any more

I cannot decide.  I feel like I'm experiencing Stockholm Syndrome.

54 minutes ago, Ponky said:

I can't believe I still let myself get suckered in to settingg the alarm to watch this shit.

Mug!

I gave up the late nights/early mornings about 5 years ago...

2 hours ago, Pilchard said:

It'd be wasted on some of the brain dead we have in our team

Well, the Coach is supposed to handle he players mentality, (or get rid of them) but it doesn't look like he has made much of a job of it.  maybe telling them how good they were and that it was all the fault of previous Managers was, erm, the wrong way around ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Seriously, what are the likes of Grealish and Tshibola supposed to do about Richards exactly?

They could injure him in training tomorrow.  Nothing too serious, just a double cruciate or something. 

• Like 1

Â