International Football General Chat

villa4europe

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

U21 so poor.

Awful 

Also reminded me of Ryan Sessegnon. Whatever happened to him lol thought he was meant to be the next big thing 

Before the game Boothroyd said he was going to attack more, but started with Oliver Skip and Tom Davis in midfield, and left out Jones and Eze, and then at half time took off Smith Rowe. Bottom of the table, and six games without a win in the European championships with him as manager, will leave after this.

Forgot we were even playing, used to watch every game religiously. Southgate has seen me off for the foreseeable I think, he's not going to be be "bad enough" to be sacked until the damage is done though.

What a waste of these players, we could be the most exciting side in the world.

32 minutes ago, useless said:

Before the game Boothroyd said he was going to attack more, but started with Oliver Skip and Tom Davis in midfield, and left out Jones and Eze, and then at half time took off Smith Rowe. Bottom of the table, and six games without a win in the European championships with him as manager, will leave after this.

Its 1 win in 6 tournaments

Boothroyd should never being hired, its a joke he is in charge of Englands future 

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's 2021 and Seb Larsson still plays for Sweden.

Oh and Zlatan

And Mikael Lustig and Markus Berg.

Edited by sne

Our national side and the 2 most senior ages (I don't know below this) is being so badly mismanaged it's a serious worry. We are producing a number of very good footballers right now, and it's all going to go to waste.

The hard work of the last 10/15 years wasted by 2 failed domestic managers. It's criminal. I'd take a more progressive manager, an Eddie Howe or our very own Deano, and give them time to implement there style. Short term pain for long term gain. Then, replace the manager with like for like everytime.

We are going to have more wasted tournaments and wasted talent if Southgate and boothroyd continue. 

54 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Lewandowski ruled out of the England - Poland game due to a knee injury.  

Obviously good news for us, should mean 4 at the back again

Wont stop Lee Dixon doing 90 minutes of kane vs Lewandowski comparisons though 

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Personally I think it's because rice doesn't show for the ball enough or is good enough a passer, rice is better when the opposition have the ball Phillips is better when we do

You don't need both

You definitely don't need both vs Albania 

Also doesn't help that Phillips either doesn't have enough confidence or Southgate has a huge leash on him, he's a better player for Leeds 

The Leeds system revolves around Phillips so allows him to get more involved.

Phillips at 8 is basically where Henderson will play if fit so doesn’t give more creativity really but against the better sides gives more protection. 

5 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Lewandowski ruled out of the England - Poland game due to a knee injury.  

that has ruined my interest in the match. Ned to test ourselves against the best 

Edited by PaulC

Â