International Football General Chat

villa4europe

Just now, Rino8 said:

We've had 3 really good chances to score. We're usually dire, we've been okay tonight so far.

Sterling shouldn't be starting with his form/general decision making but nevermind

You're going to have to remind me of these? We were given a seriously dodgy penalty? I remember sterling and foden breaking through 2 against 1 in which we should've come away with a goalscoring opportunity at least.

Kane shot from 20 yards which was a simple save for the keeper?

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Poland have been utter garbage so far, offered nothing. England looking solid, will win this 2/3 nil. Not liking all this Mount talk, thats the problem if you miss a few games with injuries.

Also Kalvin Phillips is separated at birth with Drexl Spivey.

How so with Mount? 

For me he's a key player and has to start for England

But he starts in a 3 man central midfield 

2 minutes ago, will87 said:

You'd think our club side were spoiling us every week the way some are so hypercritical of England on here, but we know that's not the case.

Villa get away with it to an extent but there's still a few that you can question how much enjoyment they actually get from watching us 

There's a lot of us that you can say don't enjoy watching England, myself included, half the time I don't know why I do it, half the players are words removed, the manager is a word removed and the band are huge words removed 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, will87 said:

You'd think our club side were spoiling us every week the way some are so hypercritical of England on here, but we know that's not the case.

I think we see the attacking options we have at international level, and get frustrated with the poor attacking performance we put in. We've pressed well, and nothing else. We will win, 1 or 2-0 against an extremely disappointing side. 

When we come up against the better sides, we get found out. It's the same old story. 

This is england, not villa. Expectations are different.

8 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I think we see the attacking options we have at international level, and get frustrated with the poor attacking performance we put in. We've pressed well, and nothing else. We will win, 1 or 2-0 against an extremely disappointing side. 

When we come up against the better sides, we get found out. It's the same old story. 

This is england, not villa. Expectations are different.

The same better sides that are struggling against Bosnia, Lithuania and North Macedonia right now?  Spain needed a last minute goal to beat Georgia the other day.  

England don’t look great but there’s really no stand out team in Europe at the moment.  Hasn’t been a better chance to win the Euros in a while. 

Belgium are probably the most settled with most of the first team playing together for quite few years now. 

Foden is different gravy. His technique on the ball is incredible. Hope him and Jack get to start a few games together for England. Foden and Mount have been the best players on the pitch tonight.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Poland have been utter garbage so far, offered nothing. England looking solid, will win this 2/3 nil. Not liking all this Mount talk, thats the problem if you miss a few games with injuries.

Also Kalvin Phillips is separated at birth with Drexl Spivey.

I thought more

image.jpeg.b654eff36f1a3fd62b12bd391dc7581b.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The same better sides that are struggling against Bosnia, Lithuania and North Macedonia right now?  Spain needed a last minute goal to beat Georgia the other day.  

England don’t look great but there’s really no stand out team in Europe at the moment.  Hasn’t been a better chance to win the Euros in a while. 

Belgium are probably the most settled with most of the first team playing together for quite few years now. 

Low has announced he's leaving Germany so they're doomed

The rest will turn up in the summer and next November and not care too much about these games 

The problem with England is we've seen us get the best qualifying record before, most goals before, smash everyone... And then do shite in the tournament

Have you seen anything in these 3 games to say we would be any half decent team in the euros? 

Â