International Football General Chat

villa4europe

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Sterling is the least technical player I have seen since Carlton Palmer. Couldn't trap a bag of cement. Every 5 shots he might hit 1 cleanly.

Yet he’s more than decent for Man City.

I agree, he’s pretty terrible for England though. 

Sad thing is, he’ll be a guaranteed starter in the Euro finals instead of Grealish. 

• Like 1

The overwhelming lowlight was Harry Kane's completely free roaming role. As if no one else is allowed the ball. word removed, hope he picks up a knock and misses the Euros.

• Like 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

Sad thing is, he’ll be a guaranteed starter in the Euro finals instead of Grealish. 

Because they dominate every game and give him a 5 yard tap in most weeks prior to this season.

He landed on his feet when Pep joined.

I think the media have been told to lay off Southgate for his term as they felt it had a big effect on manager performances. They are so biased towards Southgate it's untrue, although I will wait for Keane to sneak in a negative comment.

Just now, theboyangel said:

He's out of form for City too

Great sub but he shouldn't be starting right now 

Southgate will wheel put some experience shite though, grealish hasn't got his experience... He's not going to unless you drop him first... 

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Because they dominate every game and give him a 5 yard tap in most weeks prior to this season.

He landed on his feet when Pep joined.

That shows he can play in a certain system and has the ability to score, albeit tap-ins. 

he’s a good player, just not under Southgate. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

That shows he can play in a certain system and has the ability to score, albeit tap-ins. 

he’s a good player, just not under Southgate. 

He's definitley a good player, I'd say he was our best player at the last World Cup too but that was more because of his energy and work rate being key to southgates kick and rush 

He's not in form and there's now players who are in form knocking on the door - not this squad though, of course he starts in this squad with grealish and maddison missing 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

**** me that was dull. 
What has Phillips got on Southgate, he offers nothing. 
Kane dripping deep is pointless. This is why we take all the attacking mids, the likes of Calvert Lewin and Watkins will not ge game time. So fill the squad with Grealish, Maddison, Mount and Foden. Then Sterling and Rashford can go upfront if Kane injured 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

England are like us under Bruce, no style, no cohession, no game plan,we just scrap results.

I've got to disagree there,  Villa hardly ever scrapped results under Bruce.  They would normally draw or lose!

• Like 1

Milot Rashica starting for Kosovo against Sweden tonight :ph34r:

Kosovo actually have a OK offence in Rashica, Zeneli & Muriqi  but their defense looks less than fantastic on paper.

Zlatan with his 27th assist for Sweden, 1-0 Augustinsson.

Alexander Isak with a Ronny Rosenthal level miss a couple minutes later. Swedish central midfield with Sebastian Larsson and a out of form Kristoffer Olsson is really not great.

Rashica has been anonymous for Kosovo so far.

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

Football is part of the culture but its still behind Gaelic Sports outside of Dublin and recently rugby has had a surge in popularity. The national league is incredibly low down the sporting priority though I think a larger portion of players in the current squad have played in the league. The problem is the FAI took advantage of the granny rule and didnt build on the potential. There has been a new board who are hoping to make things better and they are hoping Brexit might help them as either English clubs might be forced to use Irish players again or that younger players will have the option of going to other countries to develop like Belgium or Netherlands. It hasnt helped Kenny that he wants to stop playing hoofball and fans want that brought back already

I blame heroin. I think the young people of 2008 to 2013 in Ireland who had the openness to be creative with the ball, and to try new things, ended up trying heroin instead of playing football to a decent level. Partly down to John Delaney forgetting the need for youth development, partly down to the recession, partly down to Ireland being horrible to watch and not inspiring anyone to go out onto the street to pretend to be Shane Long.

All the young people who were from working class areas, who were high in the personality trait of openness which predicts creativity, ended up taking heroin instead of using their creative talents for football, as maybe Damien Duff and Robbie Keane would have done. And that's why the three members of our recent squad that currently play in the Premier League are all full backs.

This is pub chat based on my 5 weeks of working as a psychiatrist before I quit in disgrace, but I think it's a reasonable take.

Â