The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

9 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Spent the morning and afternoon today in Henley in Arden and a wootton wawen canal walk finished with a pub lunch with the hopefully soon to be next other half. 

Going to Bristol with my brother tomorrow, neither of us have been so looking forward to having a good look around and a pint by the docks hopefully.

Sunday carvery out in the countryside with a mate the day after in Temple Grafton.

Looking forward to it all. 

can i suggest you avoid the All Bar One's and Wetherspoons around the dock and head to the cobbled King St just round the corner, 'The Famous Royal Navy Volunteer' is the best of the bunch. hundreds of choices in third measures.

14 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Spent the morning and afternoon today in Henley in Arden and a wootton wawen canal walk finished with a pub lunch with the hopefully soon to be next other half. 

Didn't you only just get divorced? You proper tart :blush::D

On 2017-7-1 at 11:14, rjw63 said:

Didn't you only just get divorced? You proper tart :blush::D

I meant in a gf capacity. I'm not rushing into this one :).

• 1 month later...

A busier than usual weekend for me.

Mixed grill in Great Barr last night a carried on for a few more ciders at a boozer in Walsall. 

Today was a look around Bicester Village this morning, some lunch, then off to Brackley to watched Brackley play FCUM in the opening game of the season. Good to be back watching football. Rest of the night is going to be relaxing

Tomorrow is he usual chore day... shopping, cleaning and getting ready for the week ahead. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

A busier than usual weekend for me.

Mixed grill in Great Barr last night a carried on for a few more ciders at a boozer in Walsall. 

Today was a look around Bicester Village this morning, some lunch, then off to Brackley to watched Brackley play FCUM in the opening game of the season. Good to be back watching football. Rest of the night is going to be relaxing

Tomorrow is he usual ... shopping, cleaning and wanking into a sock

;)

15 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Been on it since 9:30, drank a lot, but less than last weekend but feel worse :angry:

If i started at 9:30am i'd be dead by 5pm. 

How did you do it?

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

If i started at 9:30am i'd be dead by 5pm. 

How did you do it?

A lot of practice my friend.

Did drink too much though, just watched the highlights of the game yesterday and have little recollection of it. Will be having a few weeks off it now.

Word up reprobates! 

Much planned this weekend? I've been WFH today and can't be bothered to go back into town for a few beers. So a quiet night in with my Now TV / Netflix options. Rogue One is on there from today...

Might take in a non league game tomorrow locally, depends on the weather (yes, a fair weather fan!) and that's pretty much it for my weekend! Sunday I will be relaxing and scouring rightmove for properties. 

A stupidly busy week gone by.  I thought work would be easy this week seeing as I had last week off but I was wrong.  Apologies to the "What Song Are You..." thread followers.

OK here comes a ramble.

A few weeks ago a lad that I often go for a  drink with left work so I went out on a session with him and a few other lads from work

the other weekend I went out because there has been massive redundancies at our place and it was the final send off

last weekend my best mate dropped round to see me and it turned into an unexpected and unwanted session

tonight I've been left alone, the weekend is mine, all week I've been thinking 'I'll have a few beers and order a curry and I can't wait' well the weekend is here and I have managed to get myself arseholed on my own, and I feel bloody great, yes I most likely won't eat my curry tonight (that'll be breakfast)

I've had a drink, probably more than I should have and if I wake up with a bad head tomorrow I know it will be on my own terms and not something that has been forced on me through social obligations, I've always been a misanthropist but tonight has been **** amazing man, I couldn't have asked for a better night.

My own company, music of my own choice, drinking at my own leisure (and pace) I couldn't ask for more.

I remember when I was a nipper and I would go from pub to pub hoping to bump into someone I liked enough to have a drink with (in the days before mobile phones and social media) and now I just want to be left entirely alone, its amazing how tired you can get of mundane conversation.

Best Friday night ever

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

You're an odd fellow, but I like you ;)

Honestly its been amazing, I've loved every second of tonight, I've just had half of my meal, now I'm gunna finish my can and I'm off to bed.

I can wake up tomorrow without answering to anyone about anything and I'll be off to the religious nuts to get my breakfast and read my book, life feels pretty **** good right now.

p.s. the religious nuts is a cafe that is run (or ran) by the local church and they are all volunteers, **** lovely breakfast sarnie that they do, I often go and have breakfast in there and just read my book for a while after, brilliant little place it is

p.p.s. last time I went in there (aboout 3 or 4 weeks ago) there was this bird working in there who I'd not seen before and she was absolutely unreal, Irish American she was, I fell in love as soon as I saw her, if she ain't working tomorrow then I'm gunna start kicking tables and shit.

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 2

Spending the weekend sick in bed. Just a virus, nothing serious. Before going off to work this morning, my girlfriend looks upon me and asks in a very caring way " Is there anything I can do for you?"

I tell her to dance for me. And fetch me 5 different kinds of fruit and arrange them on a plate from smallest to biggest. Oh, and keep dancing!

The caring and loving look has gone, replaced with a glare. " F### you, you dick."

I don't care much for her bedside manner.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bank holiday weekend mofos!

Had a couple of scoops after work tonight and out on an all day bender tomorrow (insert Kenneth Williams pic)

Sunday I will be recovering and off to York for the day on Monday

Been a shitter of a week so grateful for a longer break. 

Â