The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Went to see Foil Arms & Hog at Warwick arts centre on Friday night. Front row seats and i got dragged up on stage to help in a sketch ! Loved it, playing kiss chase with 3 grown men !

Sat night went to a micro pub in streetly, full of real ales and gins etc.....then next door for a curry in a rammed restaurant.

Today, chilling and "looking forward" to work tomorrow 

Seeing as I'll be working from home for gawd knows how long, I've got a new desk and office chair turning up tomorrow.  Work are looking into providing those in need with chairs etc but I'd rather not wait and it gave me an excuse to get a big gaming-style desk :).

As for Sunday, apart from moan at the lack of a roast dinner, I'll be attempting to sort out a few things to send on to my team.  Wish me luck - I don't look forward to going to the big supermarkets so I might be reliant on the likes of the Co-Op and then the Post Office on Monday :crylaugh:

Edited by trekka

I've just relaxed today. Watched some TV (Morse and Midsomer on Britbox) and plenty of YouTube videos. Needed it after an emotionally draining week at work. Same again tomorrow although I will be meeting my Dad for a handover of goods at a remote location!  Then I will log on and do a bit of work on Sunday night and try and get a head start for the week. 

I moved my daughter into a flat it hurt me a bit physically and that will continue today getting a washing machine into a first floor flat. That all done I am holing up indoors for the foreseeable. 

Went out as a family and weeded the raised beds and turned over the soil to prepare for this year’s vegetable garden.   Seeds have been ordered on line.   It was sunny and warm when we started and right as we finished it started to rain and suddenly a violent hailstorm came out of nowhere.

21 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

My plans to hole up suffered a set back as I have to go to darkest Stoke tonight to buy a cooker. 

COVID-19 aside, don’t forget your hazmat suit. You’ll need it, especially if you’re going anywhere near Hanley! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Oh hello old thread, it’s been a while…

book mystery GIF by Nickelodeon

I’m actually going to a couple of pubs today with some mates. One of my mates I haven’t seen in person since before the first lockdown, despite him being only 4 or 5 miles away.

Just local village pubs, but very much looking forward to it, despite the sunshine deciding to retire for the time being. One of the pubs has had a refurbishment and layout change this year, so it will be our first proper look at that. 

I expect to be quite drunk after 2, maybe 3 sips of alcohol.

• Like 3

This week, I’ve been to Dover, Great Yarmouth and Carlisle.

This weekend, I will be going no further than the end of the garden.

I am going to relocate the bird feeders, I may or may not have some beers and a small controlled middle class fire this evening.

• Like 1

This morning am going to a family breakfast.

This evening am attending a cookout.

Sunday morning I am going to try this new doughnut truck.

And Sunday night going to a crab festival.

Yes, I need to drop a few pounds👍

Just now, Big Salad said:

And Sunday night going to a crab festival.

Will this be your first trip to Merthyr?

Hot tip: get a lift in a mate’s car, and put your wallet in a front pocket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh yeah, and on Sunday I will be watching Italy vs Wales which I will not fret about but will simply enjoy, even if we lose by 6, because our striker scored 7 goals in 50 appearances for Yeovil Town, whilst our right back scored 0 goals in 45 games for Yeovil Town, but popped in the second goal against Turkey.

And I will get to open the parcel that just arrived that looks suspiciously like it could be beer or wine.

• Like 1

Went to bed after tea last night and woke up between 11 and midnight (as kinda planned). Made a coffee to complete the wake up process. Logged on to my tablet, all good. FInished my coffee and off out to work. There was no signal outside the house (not unusual) so I thought nothing of it until I got up the road, still no signal but I think maybe the mast is down, so I drive on to Formby, still no signal. I spend the next half an hour back in the house trying to fix the issue to no avail. Oh well thats my first night back on the cabs buggered but that coffee now means I'll be awake until 4am at least...

Go into the office this morning to rectify the problem only to discover I have about 2 hours worth of work from the Police and Test and Trace

This weekend is doomed already. Time to attempt to strip down a wooden chest we have and make it match the rest of the furniture and stick to some more useful wheels on the bottom of it.

Fed Penguins at Dudley Zoo. It was excellent. My wife bought the experience for me as a vift and it was every bit as good as I hoped it would be. I showered after I got home but the fish smell lingers. 
Tomorrow I assemble my grandsons bike for his birthday next weekend. Outside of that, sit on my arse. 

Should have been in London this weekend for my birthday weekend which included 4 tickets for the England v Scotland game. Those plans changed with covid and the reduced capacity at Wembley meaning we didn't get through the ballot for existing ticket holders. Having watched the game though - what a stroke of luck! I'll catch up with my pals another time when the world is back to normal. 

Instead I went to see my folks for a few hours. Always nice to be out in the sticks. Sheep were up in the top field making a racket, which was nice!

Always hate coming back into Brum... getting off at J7 and going through Great Barr. The competency of driving immediately drops by a third. 

• Like 2

Â