The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

After spending the last few weekends either decorating or shopping, I’ve finally got a weekend pretty much to myself. I intend on doing as little as possible. Might go to the gym this morning, I might cook a full English. I’ll definitely watch the football later and I might go for a walk if the mood takes me. 

Curry for tea later is a good shout @Xela

• Like 3

Took 7 bags of clothes, toys, shoes and houehold stuff to the local charity shop this morning so glad could take it all to one shop rather than having to drive about to different shops which I wasn't looking forwards to.

For rest of the weekend sorting out Christmas presents and we have a family Xmas dinner for tomorrow.

Obviously keeping fingers crossed we can get a positive result vs the reds later and plenty of other sport to watch across the weekend.👍

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 11:29, Brumstopdogs said:

Took 7 bags of clothes, toys, shoes and houehold stuff to the local charity shop this morning so glad could take it all to one shop rather than having to drive about to different shops which I wasn't looking forwards to

What sort of toys? Too late now, but 80's stuff sells really well on ebay. 

Any plans anyone? 

I was meant to be in Buxton tomorrow for a pub crawl followed by non league footie game. Due to the fact me and my mate haven't been 'boostered' yet we've decided to cancel it. Disappointing as was looking forward to it but makes sense. Last thing I want is to contract the virus and have to self isolate over Xmas on my own. I genuinely think I'd harm myself if that happened. 

So, it'll be a quiet day in the flat, watching tv and relaxing. 

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

What sort of toys? Too late now, but 80's stuff sells really well on ebay. 

Just the kids toys so will be things we've either purchased or that have been given to them in the last 10 approx. years.

What 80's stuff is selling well then?

Edited by Brumstopdogs

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Any plans anyone? 

I was meant to be in Buxton tomorrow for a pub crawl followed by non league footie game. Due to the fact me and my mate haven't been 'boostered' yet we've decided to cancel it. Disappointing as was looking forward to it but makes sense. Last thing I want is to contract the virus and have to self isolate over Xmas on my own. I genuinely think I'd harm myself if that happened. 

So, it'll be a quiet day in the flat, watching tv and relaxing. 

Not much really.

We've got the cleaners coming over early in the morning so will need to all be up and out the way.

Then the excitement of going to pick up a click and collect Morrisons order after the bar-stew-ards decided tonight to cancel the delivery order due for tomorrow. #thirdworldproblems

The rest of the weekend looks like a mixture of trying to make the most of having the jab (by trying to get away with not doing much although generally may not feel great), watching sport on TV and wrapping as many of the Christimas presents that one can be bothered to do!

living-on-the-edge.gif

Sounds like you're making the "right" decision in relation to the pub crawl and non league football game - especially with Xmas only being a week away and will all be worth it, I guess, if you get to spend it with your family.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Just the kids toys so will be things we've either purchased or that have been given to them in the last 10 approx. years.

What 80's stuff is selling well then?

Action figures mainly - Thundercats, He-Man, Ninja Turtles, Zoids, MASK, that kind of stuff. Obviously Star Wars stuff is always desirable. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Back home in Brum to see family and friends pre Christmas before heading back to Devon on Monday.

Not back to work until January 4th and looking forward to a decent break! 

Off to Worcester for a pizza tomorrow.

I’ll give you a toot if we pass each other on the M5.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

Action figures mainly - Thundercats, He-Man, Ninja Turtles, Zoids, MASK, that kind of stuff. Obviously Star Wars stuff is always desirable. 

Every time we see the brother in law he drops off some toys for our son, always his older sons cast offs which usually were his toys from the 80s. Had various He-Man, Thunderbirds, Turtles stuff. I tell him that's lovely but theyre worth money but he doesn't seem to care. 

• Like 1

Mrs A is working (morning rehearsal evening concert Saturday and Sunday) playing live to "Elf" the movie.

So I'll take the nipper swimming tomorrow (after the Villa game of course) and thats about it.

I do have to get on the roof at some point and clean out the gutters. We had a mental storm with 100 mile an hour winds on Wednesday and there's pine needles bloody everywhere.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47siueyhs35bhznpusxr

• 2 months later...

Tomorrow afternoon, into the evening, I shall be having drinks (and a meal) with my mate in the Jewellery Quarter. It’s been half term week so a drink is appealing.

Between us we have lined up four or five establishments we haven’t been to before so am looking forward to giving those a try. I may report my findings in the pub thread.

The combination of our new surroundings along with a catch up over drinks should mean I don’t find myself glancing at my phone and the match thread. 

Blissful, tipsy ignorance is the aim.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Snowdon this weekend. I’ve heard it’s pretty easy but never done a hike before.  Any tips ?

If you're doing the Llanberis path I did it in a pair of trainers. I thought the first mile or so was the hardest, after that the majority is a slow incline. Take some high factor suncream and apply it regularly because it might not feel warm halfway up if it gets a bit windy but you'll be ravaged by the sun (I found out the hard way). 

Take some snacks and a big bottle of water- there's only a hut halfway up and at the top. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Snowdon this weekend. I’ve heard it’s pretty easy but never done a hike before.  Any tips ?

Park anywhere. The car parks will fill up quickly so just park anywhere. Across a local’s drive is always a good idea as they can then keep an eye on it through the day for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Depends which path you take but as long as you stay off Crib Goch (or however you spell it) you’ll be fine

• Thanks 1

Â