The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Some of the greatest and worst albums in the world were recorded in Monmouth

Yes at Rockfield Studios.

For every Sabbath, Iggy Pop and Bunnymen album recorded there, there’s sadly Coldplay and Oasis on the roster too 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

For every Sabbath, Iggy Pop and Bunnymen album recorded there, there’s sadly Coldplay and Oasis on the roster too 😂

Possibly the WORST song in the world ever was recorded there. B*h*m*** R*a*so**

• Sad 1

@Seat68 the one place on wolvo road wasn’t open and he said he’s probably not opening until September. The other place in town I didn’t fancy anything. Unfortunately I think I’m as well doing it online, although it loses some of its charm. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

@Seat68 the one place on wolvo road wasn’t open and he said he’s probably not opening until September. The other place in town I didn’t fancy anything. Unfortunately I think I’m as well doing it online, although it loses some of its charm. 

Are you relatively close to Chester? There’s a couple in Chester that might be worth a rummage.

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Are you relatively close to Chester? There’s a couple in Chester that might be worth a rummage.

I wouldn’t class it as local, no, but wouldn’t take long on the train from Stafford . I’m on the way back to Rugeley now . All dressed up with nowhere to go. 

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I wouldn’t class it as local, no, but wouldn’t take long on the train from Stafford . I’m on the way back to Rugeley now . All dressed up with nowhere to go. 

Well, if ever you do the day trip to Chester, there’s a couple of shops there worth a look if you’re already in the town.

I’m in Wigan next week but haven’t googled it up yet.

I’m on a slow burn look out for some Fanny for someone.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 30/06/2021 at 19:21, theboyangel said:

Rockfield is all about Man, Help Yourself, Dave Edmunds and Brinsley Schwarz for me. 

• Like 1

On 03/07/2021 at 13:12, chrisp65 said:

on a slow burn look out for some Fanny for someone.

Don't go thinking you get a Kenneth that easily. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

Didn’t realise how cheap Mablethorpe is. Great weekend and on the way back our friends talked us into spending a few hours in Lincoln . Never been before, and WOW. What a beautiful place it is. Well the old part of the city anyway. My kind of place with its history and quirky shops. Definitely will be going back for a stay over .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Didn’t realise how cheap Mablethorpe is. Great weekend and on the way back our friends talked us into spending a few hours in Lincoln . Never been before, and WOW. What a beautiful place it is. Well the old part of the city anyway. My kind of place with its history and quirky shops. Definitely will be going back for a stay over .

Did you tackle Steep Hill?

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Stamford is lovely as well. Very south Lincolnshire (by borders with Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire) but worth a visit if in the area. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Stamford is lovely as well. Very south Lincolnshire (by borders with Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire) but worth a visit if in the area. 

Is that the "chalkish white/yellow" buildings village which has a gorgeous bridge?

I literally passed through something like that one the way from one survey to another years ago, and have always wanted to go back.

Sure it was called Stamford and I made a mental note of Chelsea at the time.

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Is that the "chalkish white/yellow" buildings village which has a gorgeous bridge?

I literally passed through something like that one the way from one survey to another years ago, and have always wanted to go back.

Sure it was called Stamford and I made a mental note of Chelsea at the time.

I'm pretty sure it is

XwsEKDR.jpeg

oU7sJPW.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Â